Girlfriend And I Took LSD And She Got Terrible Stomach Aches - Serotonin/dopamine?

Nakedmolerat

Hi,

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I took some LSD. It was her second time, while i've tried it often. We didn't take a large amount. Towards the end of the trip, she had terrible pain in her stomach and couldn't sleep - the same thing happened last time we did it. They were so severe that she couldn't sleep all night, while I slept like a baby. We took it early on in the day as well, and I was completely down by the time we went to bed. I have never had any such issues. I know that LSD is dopaminergic, and dopamine is a serotonin antagonist, and also that serotonin has some relationship with the gut - but that's about the limits of my understandings.

Could someone offer an explanation for her stomach pains? I was thinking that she might be serotonin-dominant, and an influx of dopamine could upset her stomach perhaps? I appreciate the severe limits of my knowledge in this area and this is why I'm looking for some explanations.

Frankdee20

Does it block or effect 5ht4 or 5ht3 ? Those are gut receptors .... Do you guys have pains in the face ? LSD causes so much unconditional laughter that my face would hurt

Frankdee20

Actually, LSD has no affinity for 5HT3 and 4.... It does activate D2 receptors, and that is unusual for tryptamine psychedelics

OP
N

Nakedmolerat

Does it block or effect 5ht4 or 5ht3 ? Those are gut receptors .... Do you guys have pains in the face ? LSD causes so much unconditional laughter that my face would hurt
Actually, I did notice a slight pain in my upper right cheek at one point, but not because of laughing (although we did laugh a lot)

boris

From my observations it's psychosomatic. Serotonin related yes, but caused by thoughts/subconscious and probably involves a predamaged gut. People usually can overcome this with deep calm and controlled breathing, same as the "jitters".

boris

Did she eat something? Being anxious and excited can cause food to pass to the intestine undigested and additionally cause pain.

Ableton

Lsd artificially boosts metabolism. Maybe she got hungry and is not used to the feeling?

OP
N

Nakedmolerat

Did she eat something? Being anxious and excited can cause food to pass to the intestine undigested and additionally cause pain.
Well, we didn't eat a whole bunch for the duration of the trip (around 15 onwards), but a regular amount prior to that. During we ate some gummies, ice cream and coke. So it's not like we ate a whole bunch, but we did eat some..

J

james2388

I would not be taking LSD if you are not making it or testing it yourself. There can be impurities and it can be spike with other things regarding eugenic/dysgenic operations/race / political warfare. I would prefer psilocybin alcoholic tinctures.
The upset stomach, insomnia, etc whether it's dopamine, serotonin, acetlycholine, etc
Many anecdotal reports of people feeling like they have to pee, but they can't. Some getting diarrhea after the peak of the trip. All of this is a complete disruption in neurochemical signalling and perhaps toxicity of unknown substances. Even some men report back erectile dysfunction weeks after an LSD trip.

Now is not the time to be buying street drugs in America, unless you know the point of origin.

Frankdee20

@james2388
Are those mushrooms serotonergic? Or in the most part dopaminergic?

Psilocybin and Psilocin have zero affinity for any Dopamine receptors, as per Wikipedia pharmacology section.... LSD is rare to have agonist quality on D2

Frankdee20

I would not be taking LSD if you are not making it or testing it yourself. There can be impurities and it can be spike with other things regarding eugenic/dysgenic operations/race / political warfare. I would prefer psilocybin alcoholic tinctures.
The upset stomach, insomnia, etc whether it's dopamine, serotonin, acetlycholine, etc
Many anecdotal reports of people feeling like they have to pee, but they can't. Some getting diarrhea after the peak of the trip. All of this is a complete disruption in neurochemical signalling and perhaps toxicity of unknown substances. Even some men report back erectile dysfunction weeks after an LSD trip.

Now is not the time to be buying street drugs in America, unless you know the point of origin.

There’s testing kits available.... don’t know how accurate they are .... What about 1-P, LSD as a research chemical ? The propionyl group comes off in the liver, and this acts as a pro drug for LSD

Waynish

Probably reaction of what is growing in her stomach or similar. Same with people getting gas on it. For some reason the transition is very dramatic with LSD, but not the similar substances. Like, give her some Lisuride - which is the most similar I've tried - and see what happens. Lisuride gives no trip, of course.