Oxidized Vitamin C DHAA Anti Cancer Make It At Home

R J

Just started giving my dog ~125mg vit c and 400mcg methylene blue. I mix it with ~5ml of water in a syringe and leave it for a few hours. It mixes light blue and then goes totally clear after awhile. Starting at 1x a day but moving up to 3x. It’s for recovering after flouroquinolone poisoning.

I think I’ll try it myself too. Reading research on dehydroascorbic acid and it’s quite interesting.

R J

If vitamin C turns into DHAA, and the DHAA doesn't turn back into vitamin C once again, the DHAA degrades into metabolites in reactions that cannot revert back to DHAA and vitamin C. In plain water, that is what happens.

Any idea on how long it takes for dehydroascorbic to degrade?

I leave MB + DHAA mixed overnight and it goes clear. Maybe I should use it sooner. It doesn’t go brown (yet) like vitamin c left in a bottle of water for a long time.

R J

FWIW ppl, I think the goal here is to produce dehydroascorbic acid. The redox state of MB is inconsequential because it reverts back and forth anyways, just taking regular MB results in some leucomethylene blue anyways. The same goes for ascorbic acid turning into dehydroascorbic and back and forth in the body, but this is possibly a more direct way of getting it into the cells, particularly the brain.

The oxidized / reduced state thing is tough to understand for me
and there’s a lot of variables. I’ve hard taking glutathione or NAC with this concoction can be helpful. It might help “protect” the dehydroascorbic or leucomethylene blue from reverting back to ascorbic and MB, respectively, before reaching target tissues.

I have no idea.

yerrag

Any idea on how long it takes for dehydroascorbic to degrade?

I leave MB + DHAA mixed overnight and it goes clear. Maybe I should use it sooner. It doesn’t go brown (yet) like vitamin c left in a bottle of water for a long time.
I have no idea, but I'm more inclined to think it's instantaneous.

That's why each time I take my vitamin c powder, I would mix with water and drink immediately. And 500 mg each time max. And away from meals as the sugar in meals impedes its uptake. The enterocytes, as I understand it, are limited to intake of 500mg of ascorbic acid. Any more intake will just not be absorbed and goes to waste.

Mossy

FWIW ppl, I think the goal here is to produce dehydroascorbic acid. The redox state of MB is inconsequential because it reverts back and forth anyways, just taking regular MB results in some leucomethylene blue anyways. The same goes for ascorbic acid turning into dehydroascorbic and back and forth in the body, but this is possibly a more direct way of getting it into the cells, particularly the brain.

The oxidized / reduced state thing is tough to understand for me
and there’s a lot of variables. I’ve hard taking glutathione or NAC with this concoction can be helpful. It might help “protect” the dehydroascorbic or leucomethylene blue from reverting back to ascorbic and MB, respectively, before reaching target tissues.

I have no idea.
Is that to say I could put my drops of MB in a capsule and take at the same time as my vitamin C capsule and I’d still get the full effect being achieved with the external mixing method?

Last edited:

ddjd

Hi guys can someone possibly clarify... @Hans @LeeLemonoil @tankasnowgod

Ive got a glass of water, added a drop of mitolab methylene blue which I believe is about 0.5mg of MB.

Then I add 1-2g of Ascorbic acid powder and stir and the solution turns to a slightly lighter shade of blue, but it's far from colorless..

Does this mean the Ascorbic acid has oxidised already??

Hans

Forum Supporter

Ive got a glass of water, added a drop of mitolab methylene blue which I believe is about 0.5mg of MB.

Then I add 1-2g of Ascorbic acid powder and stir and the solution turns to a slightly lighter shade of blue, but it's far from colorless..

How long do you leave the solution to stand? For me, it takes about 10-15min to completely go clear.

Dr. B

How long do you leave the solution to stand? For me, it takes about 10-15min to completely go clear.
mate someone posted recent studies on antioxidants increasing corticosterone they specifically tested NAC and vitamin E. now apparently it applies to antioxidants in general so i wonder what it means for vitamin C and olive leaf extract, vitamin k or d supplements. it was posted earlier today. i am surprised , vitamin E is like the original, most peaty substance, Peat said in his article he doesnt even recommend supplements besides salt and vitamin E.

Mossy

You'll definitely not mistake me for any of the three you've requested; but for what it's worth, I find if I mix the vitamin C into the water first, until it fully dissolves, and then add the MB, and mix it in by gently swirling the cup as a whole, then set the cup down, it will get very nearly clear in about 30-60 seconds.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
mate someone posted recent studies on antioxidants increasing corticosterone they specifically tested NAC and vitamin E. now apparently it applies to antioxidants in general so i wonder what it means for vitamin C and olive leaf extract, vitamin k or d supplements. it was posted earlier today. i am surprised , vitamin E is like the original, most peaty substance, Peat said in his article he doesnt even recommend supplements besides salt and vitamin E.
Have you tried finding studies on pubmed?

ddjd

You'll definitely not mistake me for any of the three you've requested; but for what it's worth, I find if I mix the vitamin C into the water first, until it fully dissolves, and then add the MB, and mix it in by gently swirling the cup as a whole, then set the cup down, it will get very nearly clear in about 30-60 seconds.
Ok thanks for this.

Sorry can you also clarify, do we need to drink the mixture once it has become clear.... Or should we wait for it to turn back into blue AFTER it was clear..... I'm still not sure

ddjd

I've started using warm water as the Ascorbic Acid can dissolve a lot quicker and it turns lighter far more rapidly.

Can you clarify, should I just drink it once it's turned clear OR after it turns blue again after being clear.... Thanks in advance

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've started using warm water as the Ascorbic Acid can dissolve a lot quicker and it turns lighter far more rapidly.

Can you clarify, should I just drink it once it's turned clear OR after it turns blue again after being clear.... Thanks in advance
I don't think it matters since these chemicals are constantly converted in the body all the time. But I usually wait until it goes clear.

yerrag

@Amazoniac has posted many good studies and articles on DHAA and AA, w/r to their absorption from the gut, and what transporters are used for absorption, and as to which form is mostly available in the blood, and as to which form is most stable and does not degrade. If you look upon these references, you will know how best to use AA and DHAA:

If there is doubt about this topic, these would help erase a lot of them.

Last edited:

Dr. B

Have you tried finding studies on pubmed?
no, this is the thread

Hans

Forum Supporter
no, this is the thread
I highly recommend that you type those compounds in followed by "cortisol ncbi". It's best to do your own research.

Mossy

Ok thanks for this.

Sorry can you also clarify, do we need to drink the mixture once it has become clear.... Or should we wait for it to turn back into blue AFTER it was clear..... I'm still not sure
Please see Hans’ answer. For reference, I do the same—take it while clear.

Jon2547

I just tried this a minute ago. I mixed about 3 mg of MB into a glass of water with about 2 grams of vitamin C. Within a few minutes the water was almost clear. I didn't wait for it to become perfectly clear, I just chugged it.
What are the benefits of letting it turn back to blue versus drinking it while it is clear? I think Hans said he drinks it right when it turns clear.

Jam

I just tried this a minute ago. I mixed about 3 mg of MB into a glass of water with about 2 grams of vitamin C. Within a few minutes the water was almost clear. I didn't wait for it to become perfectly clear, I just chugged it.
What are the benefits of letting it turn back to blue versus drinking it while it is clear? I think Hans said he drinks it right when it turns clear.
So, methylene blue (when blue) is oxidized, while leuco-methylene blue (when clear) is reduced. When the solution turns clear, methylene blue is reduced to leuco-methylene blue (by the ascorbic acid), and the ascorbic acid is oxidized to DHAA (by the methylene blue). When it turns blue again, that means the leuco-methylene blue is re-oxidized (by oxygen in the environment) back to methylene blue. The only advantage to waiting for that to happen (might take a good while) is if you prefer methylene blue's effects over leuco-methylene blue. The latter is probably a bit more "gentle" on the organism when taking very large doses, but it probably doesn't make much of a difference since it'll switch back and forth between normal<->leuco in the body as needed.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals