High Dose Mk4 Hairloss

ddjd

Like what positive experiences. How’s your hair. I do 5mg eod. What are you doing
great at healing any teeth issues- sensitivity etc., bone pains gone. I notice significant dopamine/ testosterone increase, flatter stomach, dandruff stopped, insulin sensitivity improved, testicles also feel larger after just a week on high dose. libido increase, erection quality improvement
it definitely does increase hair shedding but so does progesterone. and I haven't found anything more anti-mpb than progesterone. so I just don't think shedding = male pattern baldness

from what I've read I need to increase my intake of vitamin D, A and E alongside the increase of k2 mk4, but im not sure about ratios yet

GorillaHead

And how much are you taking?

I think the shedding is due to the fact it has a sparing effect on vitamin A and u need to dose it with vitamin D which depletes vitamin A. Or the other way around lol

Hevel

In my personal experience, taking even small amount of Vitamin K leads to pretty severe chest pains and increased shedding, I've come to believe it's due to a vitamin D and Magnesium deficiency that I can't seem to correct no matter how much I take of both, anyway I can no longer believe that any supplement's supposed benefits will work perfectly on each and every individual., I don't know if it's because of a different oxidation rate as some believe, unique genetic make up, individual's nutritional needs or just hormonal imbalances.

GorillaHead

In my personal experience, taking even small amount of Vitamin K leads to pretty severe chest pains and increased shedding, I've come to believe it's due to a vitamin D and Magnesium deficiency that I can't seem to correct no matter how much I take of both, anyway I can no longer believe that any supplement's supposed benefits will work perfectly on each and every individual., I don't know if it's because of a different oxidation rate as some believe, unique genetic make up, individual's nutritional needs or just hormonal imbalances.

How much is small amount of vitamin K?

Hevel

Just one drop of Thorne Vitamin D/K2 supplement(100mcg) is enough to cause slight discomfort in my chest, more than that and the pain begins to move to my left hand and back.

baccheion

How's the calcium:phosphorus ratio? Is sufficient calcium (and sugar) present with the meal to prevent a stress reaction and increased prolactin?

Hevel

How's the calcium:phosphorus ratio? Is sufficient calcium (and sugar) present with the meal to prevent a stress reaction and increased prolactin?
I never added extra Calcium, I just made sure to drink at least 1 quart of milk per day, I used to be able to tolerate Vitamin K without an issue before that but after 5-6 years on this diet I accumulated too much calcium in my blood, even now more than a year after cutting off milk my blood calcium is abnormally high.

baccheion

I never added extra Calcium, I just made sure to drink at least 1 quart of milk per day, I used to be able to tolerate Vitamin K without an issue before that but after 5-6 years on this diet I accumulated too much calcium in my blood, even now more than a year after cutting off milk my blood calcium is abnormally high.
Salt, magnesium, etc oppose calcium and may increase clearance. HGH may do something similar by pushing it into bone. Vitamin D as well, if not currently consuming too much calcium. Resistance training stimulates calcium uptake into bone.

Kunstruct

Just one drop of Thorne Vitamin D/K2 supplement(100mcg) is enough to cause slight discomfort in my chest, more than that and the pain begins to move to my left hand and back.

Used lots of drops topical at once of the same product, but haven't noticed anything like that.

Hevel

Salt, magnesium, etc oppose calcium and may increase clearance. HGH may do something similar by pushing it into bone. Vitamin D as well, if not currently consuming too much calcium. Resistance training stimulates calcium uptake into bone.
I use all three, whenever I feel a slight chest pain I apply a few drops of Vitamin D3 on my wrist and the pain goes away within minutes.

As for HGH, I thought Peat is strongly against it, did he change his mind?

Korven

This is very interesting...

Recently I've been experiencing similar chest pains on and off, sometimes pretty bad, and was thinking about getting it checked by a doctor. Now I realized that it always occurred after taking 2-3 drops of the same supplement (Thorne vitamin d/k2) and since stopping taking it I've hadn't had a sign of any chest tightness or pain.

What would be the cause of this?

I read somewhere that it's best to separate vitamin D and K2 at different times of the day so perhaps that would help, but unfortunately that isn't possible with the thorne d/k2 blend.

Currently I'm sticking with cooked greens and raw milk, maybe some liver, for my vitamin K needs. A more significant source of D3 would be good however seeing as I'll be getting 0 sunshine in the coming months,

Hevel

I think the root cause is long term vitamin D3/Magnesium deficiency which causes impaired calcium metabolism.

Kunstruct

Very interesting. Might be not on the liking on the forum though.

Now what is the explanation to which K2 makes me sleepy in low dose and brain fogged? My Cortisol is high, not low, so I would not expect crashing of Cortisol from low dose.
Someone with normal Cortisol level has taken a high dose two days in a row yet did not reported acute negative effects on energy.

Waynish

MK-4 is better for skin. There's also astaxanthin, MSM + silicon (monomethylsilanetriol) + vitamin C, MSM lotion, nicotinamide riboside + pterostilbene (or 1g niacin + 2 g vitamin C + 500 mg vitamin B5), gotu kola, garlic (garlicin brand), apple cider vinegar and/or topical Lugol's for scars, megadose vitamin C, iodine protocol, vitamin E, etc.

Have you tried all of these? Are they in any particular order?

Mossy

I don't believe it's conclusive yet--MK4 being bad for everyone's hair. As this forum has shown, each of our issues can be unique and there isn't always a blanket answer. For what it's worth, I feel like MK4 may be hurting my hair, but I see that it is helping others:
Vitamin D3 cured me of recurring respiratory infections and Vitamin K stopped gum recession in its tracks as well as preventing bruising caused by aspirin intake. And while I was never "going bald" my hair was shedding in a way I had never seen before. After adding niacinamide, taurine, MB, aspirin, crypro and taking either collagen or gelatin more regularly than I already was seems to be the cause of shedding not only stopping but my hair becoming thicker and fuller.

Waynish

I think it happens via the extra sebum it somehow produces in the scalp. Does anyone else notice a consistency change in scalp when dosing mk4 (haidut's stuff)? Just one drop in the mouth does this every time for me... @haidut I would be curious to know if you can suggest a possible mechanism for this.
Thanks!

stackz07

I think it happens via the extra sebum it somehow produces in the scalp. Does anyone else notice a consistency change in scalp when dosing mk4 (haidut's stuff)? Just one drop in the mouth does this every time for me... @haidut I would be curious to know if you can suggest a possible mechanism for this.
Thanks!
I do. I get more sebum and also WAYYY more ear wax for a few days after dosing.

Waynish

I do. I get more sebum and also WAYYY more ear wax for a few days after dosing.

Yep! I think a lot of people just don't notice much - like the sebum increase & their periods of hair loss ("MPB")... So hopefully we can establish some probable mechanisms for this.