Overbite On A Dog

Miggie

Hello,

I recently got a new dog. The dog however has a pretty severe case of an overbite. However I don't think it bothers him much because he has no problem eating his food.

Since the puppy is only 10 weeks old. I thought he could still grow out of it. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations for this problem?

JamesGatz

Well since it's difficult to teach a dog specific tongue posture - I would say to give him a bone regularly (few times a week) -

Chewing is painful/awkward for dogs with overbites when eating - so they just slop it all up without chewing/enjoying the food.

My dog had an overbite when I got her too, but I have had her on a chewing regime for years now - Her facial structure is a lot better now and I also have had her on RP for quiet some time - For the dogs I used to take care of - I noticed the dogs would have pretty healthy mandibular growth if they were given bones regularly to chew on -

Giving a dog a bone forces them to chew - to bring their mandible forward to get the job done - If the dog is not regularly given activities that emphasize mandibular usage - sometimes they will just let it go

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals