Great Success With Very Low Starch (maybe It's No Wheat?)

jet9

The odd thing is that in the old days, doing without starch or doing without bread didn't seem to help matters any.

However at this point, I think that I am pretty PUFA depleted, my temps get to be 98.5 or so (compared the high 96s or low 97s) and in much better health all around.

So the last few days I've been starch free until dinner when I have a potato or rice, while cooked of course.

And I have been feeling so much better.

I don't get sleepy as much during the day, despite there being very bad allergies.

My allergies seem to be much much better, not sure why.

And I am not taking activated charcoal, nor do I need it.

I'm pretty excited about this. Not sure if it's the lack of bread altogether or if it's just very low starch. Yesterday I did feel depressed for a while and I think it was because of low starch. But today I'm fine again.

I drink a lot of ripe orange juice and eat ripe fruit, and have honey in my coffee. But only at dinner have I eaten starch and not that much either. Pretty crazy.

Anyway it hasn't been very long but so far I'm super impressed. Not sure why it's making such a huge difference now and it didn't before.
ecstatichamster hi, are you still starch free ? Where are you getting most of your calories ?

OP
ecstatichamster
I eat a potato or a tortilla every day. I get most carb calories from lots of oj, purple grape juice and fruit.

ljihkugft7

Having sleep issues with no starch. But I am persevering on the theory that it takes a little time for the gut to adjust.
I’ve been doing no starch for about a month, it has been amazing except for my sleep. I ate potato for the first time in a month last night and slept like a baby!!

I wonder why?

I’m 27, 5”9 and get 2000-2500 calories a day from milk, eggs, gelatin, broth, liver, pawpaw OJ ect

the benefits of no starch I’ve noticed: less puffy face (lower allergens?), more alive feeling, happier, Emotional stability.

Issues: sleep, and I’ve noticed that my fat digestion has reduced?

David90

The odd thing is that in the old days, doing without starch or doing without bread didn't seem to help matters any.

However at this point, I think that I am pretty PUFA depleted, my temps get to be 98.5 or so (compared the high 96s or low 97s) and in much better health all around.

So the last few days I've been starch free until dinner when I have a potato or rice, while cooked of course.

And I have been feeling so much better.

I don't get sleepy as much during the day, despite there being very bad allergies.

My allergies seem to be much much better, not sure why.

And I am not taking activated charcoal, nor do I need it.

I'm pretty excited about this. Not sure if it's the lack of bread altogether or if it's just very low starch. Yesterday I did feel depressed for a while and I think it was because of low starch. But today I'm fine again.

I drink a lot of ripe orange juice and eat ripe fruit, and have honey in my coffee. But only at dinner have I eaten starch and not that much either. Pretty crazy.

Anyway it hasn't been very long but so far I'm super impressed. Not sure why it's making such a huge difference now and it didn't before.

This sounds kinda what i doing. I eat Mostly Starch in the Late Afternoon or Evening. And Also Coffee with Honey, Protein and some Fruits.

Only Exception of Starch is, if i Workout in the Forenoon, then i would have some Well Cooked Potatoes. In General on Non-Workout Days i go High Fructose and Low Starch. And on Workout Days i go Medium Fructose and High Starch.

Going No Wheat can contribute to this (i think). Like i Said in a other Thread, since eliminating Huge Amounts of Fiber and Wheat/Beans etc. my Own Digestion is MUCH better then in the Past.

LA

I have not tried coconut oil before bed either.
Coconut oil is a problem these days due to popularity. Compare it to what happened / is happening in Napoli with the Camorra adding mineral oil to the Olive oil planned for export outside Italia.
I never eat starch including *cooked* carrots. I feel great. Starch is very bad for me. I get my carbs from 100percent Organic Whole milk - usually 4 to 6 cups daily. I take a B-50 complex to deal with possible milk-sugar issues and vision.