Chris Masterjohn Seems To Be Falling Apart

burtlancast

I suspect too much theory and not enough intuition is a huge issue for him.

It's a big hazard in his line of work.

Masterjohn doesn't get theory AT ALL.

Read his article on the PUFA controversy: he lionizes George and Mildred Burr's work and totally ignores Ray's evidence, as it never existed.

Precious Yet Perilous - Weston A Price

It's amazing to me how members here can believe a single word from him.

GenericName86

Read his article on the PUFA controversy: he lionizes George and Mildred Burr's work and totally ignores Ray's evidence, as it never existed.

I remember watching a video about Zinc types he does and doesn't recommend and one type he was against was picolinate yet i noticed huge improvements from it especially compared to types like l-optzinc. Maybe picolinate isn't that good as he says but the way he was talking about was like it doesn't work at all.

burtlancast

Common sense dictates when someone is proven to lie with malice, one needs to disregard the entirety of his work.

Or at least triple check it before accepting some parts of it.

Masterjohn wrote the text in 2010, and RP was not widely known, is not a hands - on researcher, but a scholar who interprets the existing body of literature. Peat also could not prove that the essentiality of pufa is unfounded, and merely lists complications of dosage errors, unphysiologic in vitro studies and the very harmful consequences of their rancidity. All aquatic animals and land animals have them in their bodies, in their brains, in their reproductive organs; that they are just a poison is still implausible. I am against excessive usage of them though, and of the opinion that low quantities are the proper amount.

I remember watching a video about Zinc types he does and doesn't recommend and one type he was against was picolinate yet i noticed huge improvements from it especially compared to types like l-optzinc. Maybe picolinate isn't that good as he says but the way he was talking about was like it doesn't work at all.

I read about this too, and i found his case very plausible. I even found further explanations for the possible ineffectivity, a error of the reading of a chromatographic device seems to have occured, and that the actual ligand in human breast milk for zinc was not picolinate, but a similar signal producing citrate. His position was also that picolinate was not merely inferior, but that it increased zinc excretion more like a chelating agent, at least in rodents.

Last edited:

Maljam

Masterjohn at the start of coronavirus panic warned everyone about vitamin D. He created enough doubt in my mind that I stopped taking vitamin D supplements. 6 months later he says he was wrong and we should be taking vitamin D. Where would some peoples vitamin D levels be if they hadnt had a 6 month gap in their vitamin D supplementation? You shouldn't be in worse health or position after following someone like that's advice. I don't take any notice of a word he says any more.

Masterjohn at the start of coronavirus panic warned everyone about vitamin D. He created enough doubt in my mind that I stopped taking vitamin D supplements. 6 months later he says he was wrong and we should be taking vitamin D. Where would some peoples vitamin D levels be if they hadnt had a 6 month gap in their vitamin D supplementation? You shouldn't be in worse health or position after following someone like that's advice. I don't take any notice of a word he says any more.

This is understandable.

D

Deleted member 5487

“which I solved by getting enough potassium and avoiding alcohol and acids“

WAPF diet is extremely acidity on the PRAL scale and breaks the body down due to not enough minerals. I think WAPF work on fat vitamins and traditional food prep is awesome. But the approach foods quality based solely on nutrient density and don’t eat any vegetables , since low nutrient density, yet which provide a huge buffer from the acid breakdown of animals foods.

Peats diet has plenty of milk(neutral) PRAL protein source+ fruits(negative PRAL).

This is still the most important post on the forum.

"The Primary Sources Of Acidity In The Diet Are Sulfur-containing AAs, Salt, And Phosphoric Acid"

https://www.clinicaleducation.org/documents/revised-summary-pral-list.pdf

you need a net negative PRAL.

So I just ate 3x yolks and bacon uncurled but I am sure to chase it with a big plate lightly cooked vegetable measly that keeps me net negative PRAL

“which I solved by getting enough potassium and avoiding alcohol and acids“

WAPF diet is extremely acidity on the PRAL scale and breaks the body down due to not enough minerals. I think WAPF work on fat vitamins and traditional food prep is awesome. But the approach foods quality based solely on nutrient density and don’t eat any vegetables , since low nutrient density, yet which provide a huge buffer from the acid breakdown of animals foods.

Peats diet has plenty of milk(neutral) PRAL protein source+ fruits(negative PRAL).

This is still the most important post on the forum.

"The Primary Sources Of Acidity In The Diet Are Sulfur-containing AAs, Salt, And Phosphoric Acid"

https://www.clinicaleducation.org/documents/revised-summary-pral-list.pdf

you need a net negative PRAL.

So I just ate 3x yolks and bacon uncurled but I am sure to chase it with a big plate lightly cooked vegetable measly that keeps me net negative PRAL

WAPF is not Anti - Vegetables though, only contra - grains. The chloride from table salt can explain 50 - 100% of the pral - score according to a review paper of nephrologists, that was also posted here on rpf.

S-VV

WAPF is not Anti - Vegetables though, only contra - grains. The chloride from table salt can explain 50 - 100% of the pral - score according to a review paper of nephrologists, that was also posted here on rpf.
Could you link to that PDF?

Could you link to that PDF?

sorry, i saw the paper or excerpts from it here, but do not know the context anymore. I have the paper myself, but everything is unsorted and frankly impossible to search at the moment.

S-VV

sorry, i saw the paper or excerpts from it here, but do not know the context anymore. I have the paper myself, but everything is unsorted and frankly impossible to search at the moment.
Haha, no problem. I can relate to unmanageable levels of unsortedness

Waynish

Peat also could not prove that the essentiality of pufa is unfounded, and merely lists complications of dosage errors, unphysiologic in vitro studies and the very harmful consequences of their rancidity.

He doesn't need to prove EFAs aren't essential... They need to prove EFAs are essential instead of just putting 'essential' in their name. "Burden of proof..."

D

Deleted member 5487

There not anti-vegtables, they just don't eat any.

I eat WAPF+Peat+Ton of lightly cooked negtaive PRAL vegtables=Insane physique and testosterone.

I chase any protein with with ample ample amounts of vegetable meadly and bell peppers, cooked so they're easy to digest.

6x of thick cut bacon+ 3x yolks
Big plate of lightly cooked vegetables
Orange Juice
Coffee
Vitamin K supp

This quote cures all alimates attributive to western diets, cancer, obesity...etc.

""Acid-base balance in the body influences adrenal hormone production of cortisol. When bicarbonate [HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]." "Dietary induction of acidosis increases serum cortisol concentrations [38]."

"Cortisol activates the tryptophan metabolism pathway which is carried out by rate-limiting enzymes of tryptophan catabolism, 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO). Cortisol directly stimulates TDO activation and may augment IDO activity indirectly through inflammatory cytokine signaling such as interferon gamma [49,50]. Excessive or chronic cortisol production acquired from a ‘Western’ dietary lifestyle could play a role in augmenting the tryptophan metabolism pathway and drive downstream molecular events that promote carcinogenesis."

"Upregulated cortisol bioactivity driven by diet-induced acidosis may be a factor in metabolic syndrome by promoting insulin resistance. Chronic hyperglucocorticoidism upregulates visceral obesity while reducing insulin sensitivity mainly in visceral adipocytes which appear to be more responsive to cortisol than subcutaneous adipocytes due to higher expression levels of glucocorticoid receptors [58,59]."

"Acidosis associated insulin resistance through cortisol activity may result in compensatory pancreatic insulin secretion and higher levels of circulating insulin in the serum, a condition known as hyperinsulinemia." As Travisord would say: [sick]"

Bootselectric

Thanks for the reminder on PRAL, @Amarsh213.

I've been experimenting with no starch/vegetables just eating milk, meat, cheese, egg yolk and fruit/oj. But I wake up with a dry mouth at night and "feel" acidity in my stomach. So I might reintroduce a good portion of vegetables.

Could you give us an idea on what you are exactly eating these days? Also, specifically which vegetables and/or starches/legumes and how much?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals