Calcium-D-Glucarate. Potential Anti-estrogen?

Experienced

I use it once every 2 weeks and notice it clears any excess liver congestion. It can lower libido quickly though, which I assume is due to crashing estrogen.
this never almost happened to me but it definitely increases my libido?

Calcium D Glucarate seems to work with lowering xenoestrogens .. I use daily 500MG - 1000MG so far no side effects yet not sure if it helps with liver.

1) Estrogen Levels
The liver removes excess hormones from the blood, including estrogen and estradiol, as well as estrogen-like chemicals found in the environment (xenoestrogens). Several weeks of high-dose calcium-D-glucarate lowered blood estradiol by 23% in animals [23].

In one clinical trial with 95 women, a combination supplement containing DIM (diindolylmethane) and calcium-d-glucarate – along with several other plant-based nutrients – improved estrogen metabolism after 28 days [24].

Based on this effect and clinical experience, some health professionals recommend calcium-D-glucarate supplementation at 1000 mg – 3000 mg daily for conditions involving high estrogen levels, such as PMS, fibroids, and polycystic ovary syndrome [25, 1].

However, there’s not enough clinical evidence to support this practice.

Excess Estrogens & Breast Cancer
Glucaric acid may help clear excess estrogens, and it was shown to reduce tumors in rats with hormone-dependent cancers, such as cervical and breast cancer [33, 34, 35, 36].

Purported Benefits With No Evidence
Some people report benefits for:

• Weight control
    • Hair loss
    • Acne
    • Increasing testosterone
    • Bodybuilding
These are only anecdotal; research is lacking to support supplementing in such cases.

Last edited:

ddjd

Guys so is it a good idea to take the youth promoting hormones

- DHEA
- DHT
- pregnenolone
- progesterone

Either alongside or soon after, whenever supplementing calcium D glucarate

Seems like this will counteract any anxiety effects.

I know low pregnenolone causes my anxiety so makes sense that calcium d glucarate is lowering ALL hormones

Mauritio

Guys so is it a good idea to take the youth promoting hormones

- DHEA
- DHT
- pregnenolone
- progesterone

Either alongside or soon after, whenever supplementing calcium D glucarate

Seems like this will counteract any anxiety effects.

I know low pregnenolone causes my anxiety so makes sense that calcium d glucarate is lowering ALL hormones
So taking pregnenolone with/after it alleviates the anxiety ? I haven't been able to get rid of it.

Mauritio

Last edited:

Mauritio

Here's another quote from ray on Calcium d-glucarate from a podcast. Quite interesting that he mentions it in such a positive way:

"It has been advocated for an anti-estrogen and anti-cancer treatment and it probably has a benefit.
Logically glucuronodation is a fundamental way that we rid the body of estrogen .
100% of the estrogen should be excreted and not recycled . When the liver is exposed to it, it should be immediately annihilated by attaching glucuronic acid or sulfuric acid to it. But when something damages the livers metbaolic rate, such as hypothyroidism, then the liver can allow all of the estrogen it receives to pass through unmodified and it becomes carcinogenic and produces pms amd epilepsy and all of the consequences.
And thyroid hormone and good nutrition are the things that activate glucuronidation and sulfur transferase.
But theoretically a supplement like that should add the raw material needed for the process ."

View: https://youtu.be/6uTJLfQUJOs

ddjd

Here's another quote from ray on Calcium d-glucarate from a podcast. Quite interesting that he mentions it in such a positive way:

"It has been advocated for an anti-estrogen and anti-cancer treatment and it probably has a benefit.
Logically glucuronodation is a fundamental way that we rid the body of estrogen .
100% of the estrogen should be excreted and not recycled . When the liver is exposed to it, it should be immediately annihilated by attaching glucuronic acid or sulfuric acid to it. But when something damages the livers metbaolic rate, such as hypothyroidism, then the liver can allow all of the estrogen it receives to pass through unmodified and it becomes carcinogenic and produces pms amd epilepsy and all of the consequences.
And thyroid hormone and good nutrition are the things that activate glucuronidation and sulfur transferase.
But theoretically a supplement like that should add the raw material needed for the process ."

View: https://youtu.be/6uTJLfQUJOs

Wow awesome find

Maybe @haidut might want to reconsider

ddjd

O
Ok thanks. Might try again .
How much pregnenolone do you take with it ?
little update. pregnenolone does work. i use around 100mg which peat would say is an awful lot but i dont think pregnenolone has negative effects in high doses.

but.....

i think ive found something better. im pretty sure the calcium d glucarate induces a zinc deficiency and that is the root cause of the anxiety some people experience. i naturally have quite low zinc levels, so particularly makes sense for me.

so zinc gluconate works perfectly against the anxiety as well. can highly recommend

Mauritio

little update. pregnenolone does work. i use around 100mg which peat would say is an awful lot but i dont think pregnenolone has negative effects in high doses.

but.....

i think ive found something better. im pretty sure the calcium d glucarate induces a zinc deficiency and that is the root cause of the anxiety some people experience. i naturally have quite low zinc levels, so particularly makes sense for me.

so zinc gluconate works perfectly against the anxiety as well. can highly recommend
Interesting thanks !

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I would be interested to hear if anyone experimented with Calcium D-Glucarate?
I am experimenting now for about a week. Taking 500mg in the morning, and 500 in the evening.
Every time I take it I get some kind of stabilizing feeling. I am very anxious and very difficult to concentrate, but when I take it there is some kind of firmness of the mind that comes to me.
In the same time I was trying DIM also. In the same time as I started to use I was learning that its actually not a good thing, especially for men. While it does redirect conversion of estrogens from "bad ones" ones to "good ones", it also binds to androgen receptors disabling androgens do their job. It has also all sorts of other negative effects I learned reading stuff online. I think it messes with my thyroid also. I will not be using DIM anymore.

The results, using DIM and calcium d-glucarate, are mixed. I am wondering should I continue using calcium d glucarate? I was talking to chatGPT because I was worried that CDG is going to help excrete androgens excessively along with estrogen, but chatGPT says supplementing with CDG does not facilitate excretion of hormones more then necessary.
CDG acts primarily in the gut by inhibiting beta-glucuronidase activity, which is an enzyme that unbinds hormones and causes reabsorbtion. So with estrogens, would also androgens go out of the body to much? Are there dangers of supplementing with it? Your experiences?

Thanks

Dave Clark

I would be interested to hear if anyone experimented with Calcium D-Glucarate?
I am experimenting now for about a week. Taking 500mg in the morning, and 500 in the evening.
Every time I take it I get some kind of stabilizing feeling. I am very anxious and very difficult to concentrate, but when I take it there is some kind of firmness of the mind that comes to me.
In the same time I was trying DIM also. In the same time as I started to use I was learning that its actually not a good thing, especially for men. While it does redirect conversion of estrogens from "bad ones" ones to "good ones", it also binds to androgen receptors disabling androgens do their job. It has also all sorts of other negative effects I learned reading stuff online. I think it messes with my thyroid also. I will not be using DIM anymore.

The results, using DIM and calcium d-glucarate, are mixed. I am wondering should I continue using calcium d glucarate? I was talking to chatGPT because I was worried that CDG is going to help excrete androgens excessively along with estrogen, but chatGPT says supplementing with CDG does not facilitate excretion of hormones more then necessary.
CDG acts primarily in the gut by inhibiting beta-glucuronidase activity, which is an enzyme that unbinds hormones and causes reabsorbtion. So with estrogens, would also androgens go out of the body to much? Are there dangers of supplementing with it? Your experiences?

Thanks
You may find these articles of interest. According to them, I3C is a better option than DIM. This forum doesn't embrace things from cruciferous vegetables, but personally I would need to see more science proving I3C suppresses the thyroid, I have actually read the opposite.

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
You may find these articles of interest. According to them, I3C is a better option than DIM. This forum doesn't embrace things from cruciferous vegetables, but personally I would need to see more science proving I3C suppresses the thyroid, I have actually read the opposite.
Hi.
Sorry, I am asking for experience from people who experimented with calcium d glucarate.

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
If anyone is interested I have stopped calcium d glucarate after talking to chatGPT into very fine detail about it.
Calcium d glucarate when ingested blocks the enzyme beta glucoronidase in the intestines by attaching itself to the enzyme and with that blocking the space for all other substances which would normally bind there and get deconjugated. Beta glucoronidase deconjugates or unbinds glucaronic acid from substances in order for them to be reabsorbed instead of excreated. It reverses the job which liver has done. This activity exists in order to conserve resources.
When you inhibit the enzyme everything goes out of your body, not only estrogen, all other hormones and so on.
Knowing this now I conclude that supplementing calcium d glucarate just to control estrogen is a very poor way of controlling estrogen.

It made me feel good short term. For about 45 minutes I would feel wonderful after ingesting it, but long term I felt very strange and even more drained then usual.

It might be a good way to support liver in glucoronidation because part of d glucarate liver also uses to glucoronidate, but to control estrogen, which was my intention, is a bad idea...there are better ways to do this

Hope this is helpful.

Dave Clark

If anyone is interested I have stopped calcium d glucarate after talking to chatGPT into very fine detail about it.
Calcium d glucarate when ingested blocks the enzyme beta glucoronidase in the intestines by attaching itself to the enzyme and with that blocking the space for all other substances which would normally bind there and get deconjugated. Beta glucoronidase deconjugates or unbinds glucaronic acid from substances in order for them to be reabsorbed instead of excreated. It reverses the job which liver has done. This activity exists in order to conserve resources.
When you inhibit the enzyme everything goes out of your body, not only estrogen, all other hormones and so on.
Knowing this now I conclude that supplementing calcium d glucarate just to control estrogen is a very poor way of controlling estrogen.

It made me feel good short term. For about 45 minutes I would feel wonderful after ingesting it, but long term I felt very strange and even more drained then usual.

It might be a good way to support liver in glucoronidation because part of d glucarate liver also uses to glucoronidate, but to control estrogen, which was my intention, is a bad idea...there are better ways to do this

Hope this is helpful.
Sounds good in theory, but needs to be backed up with proper science. Where are the studies that show that Calcium d glucarate reduces the level of the other hormones? This is where clinical science is warranted. If groups of people using CdG reduced estrogen levels, but other androgens levels remained good, then the theory doesn't hold out, but if the studies show that all the steroidal hormones were reduced, then it is proven. What are the factors involved, does beta glucoronidase 'increase' with age, in the body, and 'should' be inhibited, similar to aromatase? How do various 'dosages' affect the process, does higher dose cause 'more' elimination, but lower dosages cause proper elimination, without affecting androgen hormone status? I don't think the jury is in on this one, at least for me, yet.

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Sounds good in theory, but needs to be backed up with proper science. Where are the studies that show that Calcium d glucarate reduces the level of the other hormones? This is where clinical science is warranted. If groups of people using CdG reduced estrogen levels, but other androgens levels remained good, then the theory doesn't hold out, but if the studies show that all the steroidal hormones were reduced, then it is proven. What are the factors involved, does beta glucoronidase 'increase' with age, in the body, and 'should' be inhibited, similar to aromatase? How do various 'dosages' affect the process, does higher dose cause 'more' elimination, but lower dosages cause proper elimination, without affecting androgen hormone status? I don't think the jury is in on this one, at least for me, yet.
Well, my concern was only with controling estrogen and CdG as such influences many many other systems, so I think its not the right choice for me because there are more reliable ways of controling estrogen. Preferably, I want something as pharmaceutical AI, but they are not over the counter and look a bit dangerous to play with. I will try mangosteen, Nettle root and grape seed extract as naturals which might behave like AI.
If somebody wants to play with and experiment with CdG please do so.