What Can Be Used To Lower Histamine But Not Cortisol

Elize

I am using Cyproheptadine to lower high histamine but find that it also lowers cortisol levels with me. What can I use to lower the histamine but not cortisol. I use Synthroid and Liothyronine T3 for Hashimoto. Lowering of cortisol levels make me jittery, sweating like crazy and have body aches.

Thanks

Frankdee20

Zinc can lower histamine and so can Ascorbate and so can P5P

OP
Elize

Elize

Most supplements contain histamine liberating and mast cell activating ingredients though. Alcohol and a number of fillers are problematic. Are there any alcohol free tinctures or powders?
Thanks

Korven

I have pretty much all the typical histadelic traits, both mental and physical.

In theory these should work to lower histamine: high calcium and methionine/B6, copper vitamin C for DAO/restricting folate. However the only thing I find that actually does something to dial histamine down is milk, maybe it's the calcium.

Maybe @redsun can chime in here, he knows all about histamine

edit: Some probiotic strains such as Bifidobacterium longum can degrade histamine as well

gaze

Nutrient dense foods, so fruit milk cheese eggs meat seafood liver, along with daily carrot and possibly mushrooms, and walking an hour per day.

OP
Elize

Elize

Thanks so much for all the feedback. I use Lactose free milk but am told milk is high in histamine. Is this not true then. Which vitamin C brand is okay? I make my own paneer, have liver chicken, salmon and cod. Fruit, fresh vegetables, sweet potatoes and white potatoes.fennel, squashes, home made ghee, ginger tea fresh and turmeric root tea. Coconut oil, egg yolks, asparagus etc Do Feldenkrais movements and walk daily.

gaze

Thanks so much for all the feedback. I use Lactose free milk but am told milk is high in histamine. Is this not true then. Which vitamin C brand is okay? I make my own paneer, have liver chicken, salmon and cod. Fruit, fresh vegetables, sweet potatoes and white potatoes.fennel, squashes, home made ghee, ginger tea fresh and turmeric root tea. Coconut oil, egg yolks, asparagus etc Do Feldenkrais movements and walk daily.

Have you had any recent labs done? Thyroid tests, calcium, and vitamin D preferably?

Aymen

I have histamine intolerance and i do well with milk, eggs, potatoes, coffee, white sugar, honey, most ripe fruits and meat.
Some cheeses cause problems for me because some are made with citric acid which is a serious allergen for some people, commercial orange juice has added citric acid too so you may stay away from it.
Fermented foods are high in histamine too, i dropped mozarella cheese for 2 weeks and i didn't get any redness in my face and dandruff in beard/moustache, i do not know if this is because i avoided fermented cheese or the citric acid.

Lejeboca

Are there any alcohol free tinctures or powders?
Nettles (Urtica dioica). You can put it into soups, make tea, salves, freeze dry, or even powder.
N.B. I avoid taking it before bed as it is stimulating for me.

Mastemah

Its peculiar that people are told to avoid histamine containing foods. Histamine in food triggers gastrin production. Low histamine foods= poor digestion.
The issue is about histamine clearance. Thyroid, sunlight, sodium, magnesium, diamine oxidase, improved liver function etc etc

redsun

I have pretty much all the typical histadelic traits, both mental and physical.

In theory these should work to lower histamine: high calcium and methionine/B6, copper vitamin C for DAO/restricting folate. However the only thing I find that actually does something to dial histamine down is milk, maybe it's the calcium.

Maybe @redsun can chime in here, he knows all about histamine

edit: Some probiotic strains such as Bifidobacterium longum can degrade histamine as well

Basically yes. Someone seeking relief from high histamine levels would have to consume high amounts of B6, copper, and vitamin C to increase DAO. Liver is the best source for copper of course.

Problem is for true high histamine individuals, it is near impossible to remedy their state from diet alone.

Pfeiffer's idea for reducing histamine was mostly calcium and methionine, with calcium inducing release of histamine (worsening symptoms possibly initially, improving overtime by emptying histamine stores). Methionine deactivates histamine via HNMT.

Foods rich in B2 but in generally all B vitamins to help methylation cycle. You can also just straight up take some methionine and see how it helps. Otherwise I would focus on foods high in copper, high in vitamin C, and methionine rich proteins (dairy, eggs, organs).

@Elize Basically I would supplement copper (4mg), vitamin C (2g), P5P (5-15mg), consume lots of dairy as milk, yogurt, kefir but no cheese (lacks B2) for calcium and methionine, B2, B12, Limit folate rich foods. Be consistent and the histamine load should lessen with time. Otherwise if not wanting to supplement copper, C, and P5P consume plenty of liver and high vitamin C fruits.

Its peculiar that people are told to avoid histamine containing foods. Histamine in food triggers gastrin production. Low histamine foods= poor digestion.
The issue is about histamine clearance. Thyroid, sunlight, sodium, magnesium, diamine oxidase, improved liver function etc etc

Thyroid seems to promote histamine:

Thyroid Hormone, Thyroid Hormone Metabolites And Mast Cells: A Less Explored Issue

OP
Elize

Elize

Gosh thyroid and Histamine that must be what I get the rashes, itching and tingling all over my body after taking thyroid meds. I am having blood work done next week. TSH last time was 2.9. Range to 4, T4 was 1.4 range up to 1.7 Total T3 was 97 range to 180. Vitamin D 43, B12 high at 1112 range
to 970. Lowering my thyroid dosage may then be better. I have chicken livers (2) every day. Will look into the other supplement suggestions. I make my own kefir and yogurt but get bad rashes. Hubby fine with it.

redsun

Gosh thyroid and Histamine that must be what I get the rashes, itching and tingling all over my body after taking thyroid meds. I am having blood work done next week. TSH last time was 2.9. Range to 4, T4 was 1.4 range up to 1.7 Total T3 was 97 range to 180. Vitamin D 43, B12 high at 1112 range
to 970. Lowering my thyroid dosage may then be better. I have chicken livers (2) every day. Will look into the other supplement suggestions. I make my own kefir and yogurt but get bad rashes. Hubby fine with it.

Unfortunately chicken liver doesnt have much of any copper which is the main reason for the liver for histamine issues so it won't have any histamine reducing effect.

OP
Elize

Elize

Redsun Does it mean that. T3 triggers histamine that in turn lowers cortisol, causing the hives, itching, dizziness and jelly like feeling In legs!

redsun

Redsun Does it mean that. T3 triggers histamine that in turn lowers cortisol, causing the hives, itching, dizziness and jelly like feeling In legs!

Cortisol is not lowered by T3, but thyroid and T3 may generally promote histamine so someone that has highish histamine levels already may get worse taking thyroid.

OP
Elize

Elize

Gosh okay. Which B6 supplement would you recommend? Thanks So what does one do about thyroid?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals