OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I can't say if I perceptually notice any difference between 10 and 20, for now. If and when I go to like 40 or so just to experiment we'll see.
Yea one of the useful studies you posted about the stress reduction used a max of 400mg/kg which would be about 5,000mg HED. That is massive but since so far for only a week I am seeing these benefits perhaps with such low doses it may be a matter of them having simply skipped over useful, much lower doses as starting points. In my opinion, most things point to 10-20mg per day for humans, maybe 30mg and maybe if up to 30, split up in divided doses.

This is good to note from that same study:

"Scientific studies where octacosanol alone was used in humans are limited. Keller et al., studied
the use of 30 mg/day (10 mg each with 3 principle meals) for 4 weeks in human females and did not report any
adverse effect
. Most studies on humans used policosanol, with octacosanol as major constituent and suggested
a safer dose of 10–20 mg/day for humans31, 32. The dose used in this study is much higher compared to suggested
human dose, however, a much higher dose (500 mg/day) of policosanol continuously for 1-year was found to be

safe in rats."

By the way, my method of ingestion is to dissolve it in a small dose of Vit E solution, like TocoVit or AC grace, both of which I use (one or the other). I figured it is good to mimic the holistic package if you will we would normally have found in totally unrefined E.
Fair enough . But I was actually gonna use it for pufa replacement and 10 mg just won't cut it :D gonna take centuries , so yeah i really dont know what peat exactly meant when he said they're best for replacing pufa in the tissues ...

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Yeah, most of my supplements are powder from Pure Bulk, but for a capsuled option, this is as about as cheap as it gets, plus no filler crap, and that is hard to find in inexpensive supplements.
Yeah true , also noticed that most of the vendors have bad fillers in this product .

J

jb116

Fair enough . But I was actually gonna use it for pufa replacement and 10 mg just won't cut it :D gonna take centuries , so yeah i really dont know what peat exactly meant when he said they're best for replacing pufa in the tissues ...
Hmm, but did Peat mention the dosage for actual PUFA replacement? Because I'm thinking we can't assume either way then if he hasn't yet. Very curious about that.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Hmm, but did Peat mention the dosage for actual PUFA replacement? Because I'm thinking we can't assume either way then if he hasn't yet. Very curious about that.
Nope he hasn't and neither has @haidut . Maybe someone can ask rp . I dont have his email .

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

That would be great! He doesn't respond to me so lol
Oh okay busy dude . Maybe at the next live stream with georgi or rp somebody can ask ,I think they still answer questions?!

Wouldn't policosanol negatively effect hormones though due to Cholesterol lowing?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Bump - has anyone made further headway with policosanols?
I have ordered the bulk product but it's going to take 2 weeks at least to be here .

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

@jb116 howbos your experiment going ? Do you still get the same results or did you up the dosage ?

J

jb116

@jb116 howbos your experiment going ? Do you still get the same results or did you up the dosage ?
I didn't see more benefit from 40 mg so I just stayed at between 10 and 20. I still see the same effect so I am still assuming it is due to the supplement. In terms of if it's replacing or displacing pufa more efficiently at higher dose , I can't be too sure. Maybe somebody who was not in a great place health-wise would see more of a drastic difference just from going up to 40 mg for example but again who can really know unless we have all types testing this out.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I didn't see more benefit from 40 mg so I just stayed at between 10 and 20. I still see the same effect so I am still assuming it is due to the supplement. In terms of if it's replacing or displacing pufa more efficiently at higher dose , I can't be too sure. Maybe somebody who was not in a great place health-wise would see more of a drastic difference just from going up to 40 mg for example but again who can really know unless we have all types testing this out.
Yes,thanks for your willingness to experiment . I will do the same as soon as I get my package.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I submitted a super chat for danny show with georgi, asking about the dosage of policosanols for pufa replacement!

I think it will be live today ,depending on what time zone you're in.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

@jb116

As i said I asked about the dosage for pufa replacement. And it seems like we were spot on with most of our assumptions .

Actually you are already taking the perfect dosage between 10 and 20mgs . Higher dosages dont yield more benefits.

I was right that your benefits sound like better liver function. Because that's the main thing that they do : improve the liver / help with detoxing pufa.

Actually really interesting that it's not about replacing but about detoxing the pufa ! Which is a more efficient process than replacing it .

It starts at 1:40:50

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Is georgi referring to the pure bulk product in this video?
Because if he is I dont think he's right .
It says 30% octacosanols ,but 98% policosanols. So the other 68% ,besides the octacosanol ,have to be other long chain alcohols and not starch as he is guessing .

It's actually further explained in the amount per serving . You see it's actually 40% octacosanol ,35% triacontanol and 20% hexaconsanol , which leaves only 5 % for the rest ,of which 3% have to be other policosanols . If the vendor isnt lying of course . So I wouldnt mind seeing a certificate of analysis!
Bu the way, triacontanol ,actually has a higher carbon chain length than octacosanol ,so it's a longer chain fatty acid even than octacosanol!

Amount Per Serving% Daily Value*Policosanol 10 mg standardized to contain...†
Triacontanol 3.5 mg†
Octacosanol 4 mg†
Hexacosanol 2 mg†

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals