Textbook Of Endocrine Physiology By Constance R. Martin PhD

mrchibbs

Someone could even ask Ray. I am sure he would know their differences.

I suspect I was wrong to say the 1985 version would be better. The 1976 edition is probably more ''authentic'' and less interfered with. I think I passed on a few first editions last year, only makes me want to bang my head against the wall haha

Lollipop2

I suspect I was wrong to say the 1985 version would be better. The 1976 edition is probably more ''authentic'' and less interfered with. I think I passed on a few first editions last year, only makes me want to bang my head against the wall haha
:): Eventually someone will PDF it for us.

mrchibbs

:): Eventually someone will PDF it for us.

It's a hell of job, 400+ pages. But yeah you're right it's bound to turn up eventually!

naevastar

Hi all,
Could someone please make a PDF copy of the 1976 edition? I am sure people are willing to pay a fee.

yashi

One interesting thing is that the 1976 version has like 440 pages and the 1985 2nd edition has over 1000 pages. So lots of things added and changed, it's hardly the same book even. The question is if the 2nd edition is tained in content (and/or if the 1st edition is outdated and wrong).

mrchibbs

Hi all,
Could someone please make a PDF copy of the 1976 edition? I am sure people are willing to pay a fee.

I sure am willing to pitch in.

mrchibbs

One interesting thing is that the 1976 version has like 440 pages and the 1985 2nd edition has over 1000 pages. So lots of things added and changed, it's hardly the same book even. The question is if the 2nd edition is tained in content (and/or if the 1st edition is outdated and wrong).

That's interesting, such a big difference. I don't think the core ideas about physiology in the 1976 are wrong though. Much more likely that the second version is influenced by pharmaceutical developments in the intervening years between 76 and 85

But then again, it might make more sense to ask for someone to make a PDF copy of the 1976 version, 600 less pages to deal with.

Last edited:

Diokine

I have a 1976 edition, trying to find some time to convert it for you. I don't have a bed scanner so that's been my hold up. I'm not sure of differences in the editions but the one I have doesn't have too much information on the gastric/hypothalamic hormones like leptin though it does mention areas of research alluding to them. Otherwise it's fantastic

mrchibbs

I have a 1976 edition, trying to find some time to convert it for you. I don't have a bed scanner so that's been my hold up. I'm not sure of differences in the editions but the one I have doesn't have too much information on the gastric/hypothalamic hormones like leptin though it does mention areas of research alluding to them. Otherwise it's fantastic

Wow that'd be amazing! Do you have a iPhone? There's an app called iScanner I believe which does a better job of scanning pages into readable pdfs than any bed scanner we ever had. I think the trial is free, so you could try it or other apps, and we would definitely send you cash via PayPal to compensate you for your troubles.

naevastar

That would be amazing!

I just asked dr. Peat if he knows if the 1985 edition is significantly different than the 1976 edition.
He replied that he has not seen the 1985 edition but like @yashi pointed out it is more than twice as big and 95% new so one could only assume that it is a publishers' creation.

mrchibbs

That would be amazing!

I just asked dr. Peat if he knows if the 1985 edition is significantly different than the 1976 edition.
He replied that he has not seen the 1985 edition but like @yashi pointed out it is more than twice as big and 95% new so one could only assume that it is a publishers' creation.

Thanks for investigating it :D

:dope You'd be a legend!

That would be amazing!

:thankyoublue

Lollipop2

That would be amazing!

Like @mrchibbs said, I really appreciate you investigating this with Ray!

yashi

Coincidentally I was listening to a discussion between Danny Roddy and Matt Blackburn and they discuss this exact topic, about older knowledge kind of getting forgotten and Danny even explicitly mentions the 1985 version of the Constance Martin book as a good example of an older book.

Sugar, Dairy & Metabolic Health w/ Danny Roddy | Divine Superconductor Radio Ep. #022
Relevant part is roughly 35:42 - 38:05 (Link should bring you directly to relevant part)

So he doesn't mention any degradation between those two editions (if he is even aware of the big changes in scope of the book).

naevastar

Coincidentally I was listening to a discussion between Danny Roddy and Matt Blackburn and they discuss this exact topic, about older knowledge kind of getting forgotten and Danny even explicitly mentions the 1985 version of the Constance Martin book as a good example of an older book.

Sugar, Dairy & Metabolic Health w/ Danny Roddy | Divine Superconductor Radio Ep. #022
Relevant part is roughly 35:42 - 38:05 (Link should bring you directly to relevant part)

So he doesn't mention any degradation between those two editions (if he is even aware of the big changes in scope of the book).

Wow that's interesting to hear!
Though I would still appreciate owning a pdf copy of the 1976 edition lol.

Recoen

I have the first edition. I’ll upload it once I finish scanning it in.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals