Air Conditioning’s Health Effects?

noqcks

I’ve heard reports of Air Conditioning causing things like rhinitis, fatigue, headaches, etc.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this?

It’s quite hot in my city right now and I’m using an AC unit. I’ve noticed that the lining of my nose seems a little inflamed.

I’ve heard reports of Air Conditioning causing things like rhinitis, fatigue, headaches, etc.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this?

It’s quite hot in my city right now and I’m using an AC unit. I’ve noticed that the lining of my nose seems a little inflamed.
I use to get headaches from air conditioners long ago when my grandmother would keep it cold and it was in a small room. It is very drying.

HumanLife

So, around a month ago I started using the AC again because of the intense heat. I put the AC at 18 degrees Celsius. Afterwards, I experienced popping noises in my head that were so annoying they debilitated me. Imagine moving your head a bit and hearing a large noise every time, continuously distracting you. Apparently, it was causing muscle and joint weakness in my body. I asked a Doctor about the AC and he told me that 26 degrees and using the Swing setting is much safer, and what do you know, I have improved immensely and feel almost normal. Hopefully my body training helps my body catch up and not feel as weak.

rei

So, around a month ago I started using the AC again because of the intense heat. I put the AC at 18 degrees Celsius. Afterwards, I experienced popping noises in my head that were so annoying they debilitated me. Imagine moving your head a bit and hearing a large noise every time, continuously distracting you. Apparently, it was causing muscle and joint weakness in my body. I asked a Doctor about the AC and he told me that 26 degrees and using the Swing setting is much safer, and what do you know, I have improved immensely and feel almost normal. Hopefully my body training helps my body catch up and not feel as weak.
Were they coming from in your head, or was it just the place you heard them since your ears are there? I have for 2 years "heard popping noises" when i move about, i have deliberately done movements to achieve them, since at least in my case they stem from fascial tension line re-alignments, with every click or pop resulting in marginally more upright posture. If this is what was happening to you then you should have embraced them and incorporated stretching to accelerate the process.