Aspirin Timing

grithin

On one of the recent Danny Roddy videos (), Danny mentions that he takes Aspirin at night, and that it took him a while to get used to this. I'm curious as to why someone would take aspirin at night - it goes against my model of when to take it (I would imagine you don't want to interfere with peroxisomes during fasting).

Dotdash

According to Ray Peat, taking aspirin at night reduces stress hormones and thins blood thus preventing the early morning vulnerability to heart attack.

OP
grithin

grithin

To burn fat from adipose requires thickening of the blood (free fatty acids (FFA)) and stress hormones (adrenaline). Any amount of FFA in the blood would increase blood viscosity and potentially be problematic for those who already have a troubled vascular system. Still, if you are worried about a heart attack, avoiding fat burning and allowing the consequent accumulation of fat would still be a problem.

OP
grithin

grithin

From my experimentation, I don't think the effect of aspirin lasts long enough to cause a problem with the eventual fat burning when taken at night (it's fine to take at night). However, I still anticipate aspirin would be problematic during longer fasts, when already in ketosis.