Apparently Forcing Dairy Can Cure Dairy Intolerance

yoshiesque

My friend told me she use to drink a glass of milk every night before bed, for years. When she moved to a new place she forgot to drink milk for a few months. She then tried drinking milk again and found that she got stomach discomfort and bloating. So she then forced herself to drink a glass of milk for several weeks, ignoring her symptoms. After that several weeks her symptoms were gone and she could drink milk fine.

Do you think this could work? Force yourself through all that diarrhea for a month or so? lol

Barry Obummer

Beans used to give me ridiculous amounts of wind. I "forced" them and it stopped. It took like a year though. I dunno about milk.

Simonsays

I had severe dairy intolerance , with all the dreadful symptoms described, stomach cramps, including chronic uncontrolled diarrhea with blood, many years ago.

I understand its linked to hypothyroidism, but i think it was triggered by a severe bout of stress. I had a blood test and was producing an antibody to the dairy.

It lasted about a year . I remember trying a glass of milk about six months in from complete avoidance, but whoah!

Good luck if you can tolerate the symptoms . I drink by the gallon now with no symptoms

tara

Do you think this could work? Force yourself through all that diarrhea for a month or so? lol
Peat has suggested reintroducing it by starting with a small amount with a meal, and gradually increasing the amount as the body adjusts to it.

Sheila

I returned to milk after 20 years of very little. It wasn't the easiest return as I went from whoa to GO! Back then I just used mind over discomfort. Not pleasant.
I might advise a gentler approach in retrospect, though for a strong constitution which can often go with unfettered determination it seems possible.
And Mr Foster, thank you for making me laugh, you are indeed a new man! All the best to you in your discoveries, and I mean that sincerely.
Sheila

DaveFoster

I returned to milk after 20 years of very little. It wasn't the easiest return as I went from whoa to GO! Back then I just used mind over discomfort. Not pleasant.
I might advise a gentler approach in retrospect, though for a strong constitution which can often go with unfettered determination it seems possible.
And Mr Foster, thank you for making me laugh, you are indeed a new man! All the best to you in your discoveries, and I mean that sincerely.
Sheila
I missed this. Thank you, Sheila. I wish I learned more from my mistakes.

chrismeyers

Let me put it this way. If you were stranded on a desert island and had no food and only had milk, how long do you think itd take your body to figure out: process this fully nutritious drink or stave? Because I guarantee you you would be drinking milk in a heartbeat. If you really want to get over any supposed milk problems with the quickness, do a 1 week milk only diet. Youll eventually get hungry and you will drink it. And absorb it. Because thats all there is to absorb.

Last edited:

accelerator

I had severe dairy intolerance , with all the dreadful symptoms described, stomach cramps, including chronic uncontrolled diarrhea with blood, many years ago.

I understand its linked to hypothyroidism, but i think it was triggered by a severe bout of stress. I had a blood test and was producing an antibody to the dairy.

It lasted about a year . I remember trying a glass of milk about six months in from complete avoidance, but whoah!

Good luck if you can tolerate the symptoms . I drink by the gallon now with no symptoms

I take it upping metabolism is what helped you be able to drink it again without issue?

Zpol

Peat has suggested reintroducing it by starting with a small amount with a meal, and gradually increasing the amount as the body adjusts to it.

Day 1, 1 sip; day 2, 2 sips, etc.

I think this is only for people with lactose intolerance. RP has talked about needing an enzyme to properly digest dairy and that one can regain that enzymatic activity by slowly reintroducing it. Or if it was an allergy then to try other brands because you could be allergic to what the cows were eating.

I have not heard RP mention casein intolerance. Not sure how common this is but I'm fairly certain it exists in many people with autoimmune disease.

I used to drink milk and eat cheese, got some heartburn and fibro-like pain but powered through till it got really bad. I stopped it for a while so that my esophagus could heal a bit and then reintroduced per RPs suggestions, just a bite a day, then a couple bites per day, and so on. At first I was loving it, feeling great, no stomach issues at all, then a couple weeks into it I woke up one day with huge patches of psoriasis behind each ear. I never even knew I had psoriasis until I ate dairy again! My doctor said it's because I have atrophied intestinal villi. The tips of the villi are flattened out or bent over and the tips are what absorb the casein protein. Since they are dysfunctional, the casein doesn't get absorbed properly and causes autoimmune reactions.

I am looking for more information on this issue if anyone has anything to share. I really want to have dairy again, especially raw goat cheese, love the stuff. I love regular milk as well and would love to have some ice cream again someday. It's easy to power through bloating and diarrhea but not so much with psoriasis and other autoimmune diseases, they could cause permanent damage.

Jennifer

I think this is only for people with lactose intolerance. RP has talked about needing an enzyme to properly digest dairy and that one can regain that enzymatic activity by slowly reintroducing it. Or if it was an allergy then to try other brands because you could be allergic to what the cows were eating.

I have not heard RP mention casein intolerance. Not sure how common this is but I'm fairly certain it exists in many people with autoimmune disease.

I used to drink milk and eat cheese, got some heartburn and fibro-like pain but powered through till it got really bad. I stopped it for a while so that my esophagus could heal a bit and then reintroduced per RPs suggestions, just a bite a day, then a couple bites per day, and so on. At first I was loving it, feeling great, no stomach issues at all, then a couple weeks into it I woke up one day with huge patches of psoriasis behind each ear. I never even knew I had psoriasis until I ate dairy again! My doctor said it's because I have atrophied intestinal villi. The tips of the villi are flattened out or bent over and the tips are what absorb the casein protein. Since they are dysfunctional, the casein doesn't get absorbed properly and causes autoimmune reactions.

I am looking for more information on this issue if anyone has anything to share. I really want to have dairy again, especially raw goat cheese, love the stuff. I love regular milk as well and would love to have some ice cream again someday. It's easy to power through bloating and diarrhea but not so much with psoriasis and other autoimmune diseases, they could cause permanent damage.
Could an overgrowth/infection, possibly due to hypothyroidism, be preventing your villi from regenerating? Tests showed I had Hashi’s, small intestinal inflammation and milk intolerance, and my face broke out in a bleeding rash whenever I had any dairy, including goat. This only started after I fractured my spine 10 years ago, which I now know was mainly due to poor thyroid function. About 6 years ago I was tested for SIBO and told I didn’t have it but at the end of last year, a doctor reviewing my medical history saw that my test results showed I actually did have it and so I followed the standard advice Ray gives for those with gut issues, but with some of my own tweaks, and cleared the overgrowth. I’m now getting the majority of my calories from dairy and finally experiencing the benefits that other long-term “Peaters” have experienced with it. Only took me 10 years. lol

Last edited:

southcesar

I dealt with my milk intolerance by having a little milk in the coffee (with sugar) every day. I felt discomfort during this period, but over time I increased the dose of little by little milk and today I can even drink a glass without having any reaction.

lvysaur

It's adaptation via gut bacteria and possibly even lactase production.

81% of Japanese people are lactose tolerant. At least for one cup of milk. Actual lactose intolerance is very rare in humans.

@Amazoniac (my tremendous appreciation to the aforementioned) posted this thread about the "milch regimen" which reinstated lactose tolerance for me after over 10 years of having nothing but consequences to drinking milk:

The milk regimen, putrefaction, intestinal toxemia explained

Take time to read through it if attempting, a few quick points:

Tongue has to be clean
Bowel movements can't smell
3-4 bowel movements a day (I used enemas with success)

Eat every 30 minutes from 7A - 7P~, all meals are 1.5oz of milk per kg of bodyweight except twice in the midday, say 10A and 4P. Raw starch can also be substituted for milk, carrots worked well for me.
Milk, fruit, and insoluble fiber (recommends wheat bran or agar agar in the article) are the only foods. I think lettuce or celery are mentioned for the minerals to be paired with the fruit meals if they're tolerated, though they're not essential

Idea is that lactose and raw starch are the slowest digesting sugars so they make it to the colon to feed hungry beneficial bacteria which can then secrete acid as a defensive layer or thereabouts

If you don't keep pooping you'll feel like sh*t.
Something about milk protein causing an immune response in the colon and lactose getting absorbed in the small intestine before it gets to the large intestine because slow transit or fungal/parasite issues gobbling it up.
If the stomach is too acidic it will curdle the milk protein and make it digest poorly through the rest of the GI tract
> Don't randomly take one bite of a nut or meat or something or even take supplements with gelatin capsules, seriously. There is a hyper-alkalization effect that makes the stomach reel backwards in a dramatic way when any kind of protein besides milk protein is introduced. I learned the hard way many times. Frankly even coffee slows progress, fair warnings.

Seriously take notes on the article before attempting~

Josh

Can confirm for someone who has definitely figured out that dairy was causing my eczema issues, i forced dairy for 3 years, soon as i stopped never felt better

ursidae

Can confirm for someone who has definitely figured out that dairy was causing my eczema issues, i forced dairy for 3 years, soon as i stopped never felt better
Lol. So many people getting f-cked by dairy and this forum is still pushing it like crazy

Last edited:

Zpol

Could an overgrowth/infection, possibly due to hypothyroidism, be preventing your villi from regenerating? Tests showed I had Hashi’s, small intestinal inflammation and milk intolerance, and my face broke out in a bleeding rash whenever I had any dairy, including goat. This only started after I fractured my spine 10 years ago, which I now know was mainly due to poor thyroid function. About 6 years ago I was tested for SIBO and told I didn’t have it but at the end of last year, a doctor reviewing my medical history saw that my test results showed I actually did have it and so I followed the standard advice Ray gives for those with gut issues, but with some of my own tweaks, and cleared the overgrowth. I’m now getting the majority of my calories from dairy and finally experiencing the benefits that other long-term “Peaters” have experienced with it. Only took me 10 years. lol

Yes, agree that's definitely part of it. My SIBO issue is unresolved. My hypothyroid has drastically improved however, it's still not perfect though. I was beginning to think my gut issues were my last remaining obstacle before I could truly heal my thyroid issues (I had gut issues long before hypothyroid). I do eat bamboo shoots and RPs carrot salad but these have not helped. Would you mind sharing exactly how you cleared the overgrowth? Antibiotics (RP has mentioned both penicillin and tetracyclines)? Flowers of sulfer? And what for the gut inflammation? RP has mentioned Pregnenolone, aspirin, lidocaine for inflammation, not which is best for gut inflammation.

PaRa

Lactase production stops when you don’t consume lactose, that’s why you have some adverse reactions when reintroducing milk after a period without it

wavelength123

Drinking whole milk by the gallon (granted - I’m super lean and cut) is my number one dopaminergic way to go through this pandemic

#2 is chocolate

chocolate milk is my absolute crack cocaine, it might be too much added sugar tho idk

cleared the overgrowth?

1/4cup organic hexane free castor oil
+
1 teaspoon 100% pure gum spirits of turpentine

Taken in the morning followed by at least 2 quarts of water throughout the day

Don't plan on leaving the house that day