What Is The Ideal Waking Temperature?

heartnhands

OP, 97.8-98.2 upon waking. It should steadily rise, crossing 98.6 around mid-morning, and hit a peak of 99.0+ late afternoon. Should then slowly drop and as it does you should get sleepy. So depends on time of day (and time of month for ladies). Jumping around instead of following this diurnal curve would indicate bumping it with stimulants instead of sustainable metabolic improvement...but ya gotta start somewhere!
Thanks for the interesting parameters. Good suggestion.

m_arch

Hi m_arch!
What is the duration and interval of the "rounds" you are using, e.g. X minutes every Y days?
Thanks!
Hi John,

I used 20 minutes once a day. I had a day or two in-between the next use for it to rest and recover.

I only ended up doing 4 rounds total, because that was enough to bring my morning temps up to 37 celcius.

shepherdgirl

but how does one differentiate between raising stress hormones and thereby raising temps or actually boosting metabolism.

I would expect a lot of adrenalin-fueled raising of temps in athletics, but on the other hand, a lower pulse due to improving VO2 max could indicate greater cardio efficiency and not necessarily a decreased metabolic rate.

whit

Hi whit, could you elaborate please on how you measure peripheral temps to compare with core (oral?) temps? Thanks

Sorry so late to respond I didn't but just see the request for some reason.

I've been using a contact infrared thermometer on covered parts of the body.
It's surprisingly accurate. So socked feet and a hat on the head gloved hands in winter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahanu

How long did it take? I am a couple of months in and can barely tolerate any liquids
in the beginning i stopped drinking water and had very few liquids because that raised my temperature so easy. after one year temperature was at back 37( starting from about 36) but my puls was still about 60 bpm. another year later or so it was about 70 bpm and stayed. I feel realy good with that so i do not try to raise it more.
when you say you barely tolerate any liquids do you mean as soon as you drink somethink your temperature goes down or do you have some serious signs. are you thirsty if you dont drink much?

Jsaute21

@Ahanu good to know. I have been stubbornly following Peat's methods but temperature and pulse haven't improved. However, this morning with no supplements, coffee or thyroid, my pulse raised to 85 and stayed for close to an hour. It dropped back down to 60 2 hours later.

And yes when i said i don't tolerate liquids i meant, as soon as i typically drink something, my temperature goes down. I am not generally thirsty if i dont drink much.

DiLucci

OP, 97.8-98.2 upon waking. It should steadily rise, crossing 98.6 around mid-morning, and hit a peak of 99.0+ late afternoon. Should then slowly drop and as it does you should get sleepy. So depends on time of day (and time of month for ladies). Jumping around instead of following this diurnal curve would indicate bumping it with stimulants instead of sustainable metabolic improvement...but ya gotta start somewhere!
I've had a history of hypothyroidism. My temp used to be in the 96s after waking using an oral thermometer. My temperature now reads anywhere from 97.7-97.9 in the morning and rises to around 98.5-99 later in the afternoon. I'm using on oral thermometer. Am I in a good place?

golder

I've had a history of hypothyroidism. My temp used to be in the 96s after waking using an oral thermometer. My temperature now reads anywhere from 97.7-97.9 in the morning and rises to around 98.5-99 later in the afternoon. I'm using on oral thermometer. Am I in a good place?
How did you raise it so well? Well done.

Peater Pan

Yeah good point. He said close your armpit for 10 min before you take the reading, and take it before you move / get out of bed.

P.s My temps are optimal after four rounds of 850nm infrared light therapy on the thyroid!
Any idea of the dose (total Joules) you're getting?