I Know Why I Feel Like I'm Dying - Vitamin A(lpha) Deficiency

J

james2388

The interrelationship between bile acid and vitamin A homeostasis
The interrelationship between bile acid and vitamin A homeostasis - ScienceDirect
"Bile acids control vitamin A uptake and thereby storage in the liver.
Vitamin A-metabolites control bile acid synthesis and transport.
RXR, RAR and FXR, play a central role in bile acid-vitamin A crosstalk.
Vitamin A deficiency is frequently observed in chronic liver diseases.
Vitamin A (-metabolites) deserve more attention in treating chronic liver disease."

Relationship Between Vitamin A and Iron in the Liver
Relationship Between Vitamin A and Iron in the Liver - PubMed
"A high vitamin A intake was associated with a significantly lower mean hepatic iron level for the high dietary iron intake group. These data support the hypothesis that vitamin A is involved in the regulation of iron release from the liver."

Amelioration of Diabetic Nephropathy Using a Retinoic Acid Receptor β 2 Agonist
Amelioration of Diabetic Nephropathy Using a Retinoic Acid Receptor β 2 Agonist - PubMed

"Vitamin A (VA) and its derivatives, known as retinoids, play critical roles in renal development through retinoic acid receptor β2 (RARβ2). Disruptions in VA signaling pathways are associated with the onset of diabetic nephropathy (DN)"

Right now my only source of Vitamin A is whole milk.
Currently I don't eat that well, or as much as I used to. No appetite, and poor digestion. I recently made a pot roast, and drank the broth, a couple hours later it felt like I was rotting from the inside with the inability to belch. I've had problems digesting fat in the past, which made me buy Ox Bile and Betaine HCL. I would take these supplements periodically, but haven't taken them in awhile. It's been hard finding out what is the source of all these problems, when I am not making much dietary changes I suppose this is learned helplessness. It's probably time for me to read all of the Ray Peat Articles and take notes.

Also my joints seem to feel at risk with loss of strength and ever increasing, snap crackle and pops.
I feel like an old man at 24. Joints and Indigestion are the largest complaints in the middle aged. After a few weeks of liver, I'll probably donate some blood. Seeing gum recession as well.

Iron storage in the liver, loss of bile production. Metabolism & Digestion chained together. Is this not the beginning of a cataclysmic cascade, possibly the real pandemic we should be focused on?

I plan to keep this log updated.

mmb82

The interrelationship between bile acid and vitamin A homeostasis
The interrelationship between bile acid and vitamin A homeostasis - ScienceDirect
"Bile acids control vitamin A uptake and thereby storage in the liver.
Vitamin A-metabolites control bile acid synthesis and transport.
RXR, RAR and FXR, play a central role in bile acid-vitamin A crosstalk.
Vitamin A deficiency is frequently observed in chronic liver diseases.
Vitamin A (-metabolites) deserve more attention in treating chronic liver disease."

Relationship Between Vitamin A and Iron in the Liver
Relationship Between Vitamin A and Iron in the Liver - PubMed
"A high vitamin A intake was associated with a significantly lower mean hepatic iron level for the high dietary iron intake group. These data support the hypothesis that vitamin A is involved in the regulation of iron release from the liver."

Amelioration of Diabetic Nephropathy Using a Retinoic Acid Receptor β 2 Agonist
Amelioration of Diabetic Nephropathy Using a Retinoic Acid Receptor β 2 Agonist - PubMed

"Vitamin A (VA) and its derivatives, known as retinoids, play critical roles in renal development through retinoic acid receptor β2 (RARβ2). Disruptions in VA signaling pathways are associated with the onset of diabetic nephropathy (DN)"

Right now my only source of Vitamin A is whole milk.
Currently I don't eat that well, or as much as I used to. No appetite, and poor digestion. I recently made a pot roast, and drank the broth, a couple hours later it felt like I was rotting from the inside with the inability to belch. I've had problems digesting fat in the past, which made me buy Ox Bile and Betaine HCL. I would take these supplements periodically, but haven't taken them in awhile. It's been hard finding out what is the source of all these problems, when I am not making much dietary changes I suppose this is learned helplessness. It's probably time for me to read all of the Ray Peat Articles and take notes.

Also my joints seem to feel at risk with loss of strength and ever increasing, snap crackle and pops.
I feel like an old man at 24. Joints and Indigestion are the largest complaints in the middle aged. After a few weeks of liver, I'll probably donate some blood. Seeing gum recession as well.

Iron storage in the liver, loss of bile production. Metabolism & Digestion chained together. Is this not the beginning of a cataclysmic cascade, possibly the real pandemic we should be focused on?

I plan to keep this log updated.

Have you gotten any tests done? How can you verify vitamin A deficiency? How are your bowel movements/how often do you have them?

You might just have some terrible imbalances in gut bacteria, an overgrowth of yeast and/or a pathogen. If you really want to investigate your health, I would get some tests. Starting points, in my mind, would be a VA blood test if you really suspect a vitamin A deficiency, and a stool test for pathogens, bacteria and yeast. I suspect you have had a full iron panel done to verify high iron levels?

You can order some GI tests online or you can talk to your doctor and see if they are willing to order some kind of GI panel for you. If you end up having some kind of bacterial infection, you will need a doctor for prescription antibiotics unless you order online through mymexicandrugstore or something equivalent.

Just some thoughts...I hope they help.

OP
J

james2388

Do you take any probiotics?

Riboflavin as FAD is important, you should consider measuring it

I don't take probiotics or antibiotics, just occasional carrot, some coconut/olive oil. I understand riboflavin is very important to Mthfr via Chris Masterjohn, what is FAD?
Fatty Acid Deficiency?

Dr. B

I don't take probiotics or antibiotics, just occasional carrot, some coconut/olive oil. I understand riboflavin is very important to Mthfr via Chris Masterjohn, what is FAD?
Fatty Acid Deficiency?
DId you use vitamin D?

FrostedShores

Vitamin A supplementation has helped me. I thought I was getting plenty of vitamin A from milk, but after reading about the symptoms of vitamin A deficiency, I decided to start supplementing.

Improvements include: more energy, less brain fog, better vision, bumps along my back and shoulders went away (i.e. smoother skin), no more chapped lips.

Supplementing is probably not for everyone, though. But it's been good for me thus far.

laleto12

Vitamin A supplementation has helped me. I thought I was getting plenty of vitamin A from milk, but after reading about the symptoms of vitamin A deficiency, I decided to start supplementing.

Improvements include: more energy, less brain fog, better vision, bumps along my back and shoulders went away (i.e. smoother skin), no more chapped lips.

Supplementing is probably not for everyone, though. But it's been good for me thus far.
what were the other symptoms of vitamin a deficiency? and how much did you use

FrostedShores

what were the other symptoms of vitamin a deficiency? and how much did you use
Mainly dry, scaly skin (no matter how much I exfoliated, my skin would still be flaky), and slight vision problems. I also read that vitamin A is essential for energy production and proper digestion, both things I struggled with. Here's a link I found:

I started out taking 20,000 IU a day. Did that for about a week, during which time my skin improved greatly. I'm now taking 10,000 IU every other day or so.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals