Zinc Supplements - Clarification On Ray's Comment

cedric

I use zinc gluconate with glycine, MSM, pumpkin seeds. I don't have stomach upset.

I also bought zinc acatate and mixed it with magnesium oil. I spray /apply it to armpit, head, hands.
Transdermal Zinc Picolinate - ACPHARM
Zinc Absorption Through Skin: Correction of Zinc Deficiency in the Rat - PubMed

. 1977 Apr;30(4):528-30.
doi: 10.1093/ajcn/30.4.528.
Zinc Absorption Through Skin: Correction of Zinc Deficiency in the Rat
C L Keen, L S Hurley
Abstract

The therapeutic effect of topical administration of zinc was tested in pregnant rats consuming a diet deficient in the element. Four groups of rats were fed a zinc-deficient diet for 24 hr. Half of the animals were treated during this period with a topical application of oil saturated with zinc chloride, for the full 24 hr in one group, and for the last 8 hr in the other. In the two remaining groups, oil without zinc chloride was applied under the same conditions as described above, and in all cases oral ingestion of the supplement was prevented. At the end of the 24-hr period, the animals were killed and plasma zinc was determined. An additional group of animals consuming a diet adequate in zinc was killed without any treatment to provide control values of normal plasma zinc. Rats consuming the deficient diet and without topical zinc supplementation had plasma zinc values significantly lower than all other groups after 24 hr. Animals receiving zinc supplementation for 8 hr had plasma levels similar to those of the control group fed an adequate zinc diet and significantly higher than those of rats that received no zinc application to the skin. In animals in which zinc was applied for 24 hr, plasma zinc values were significantly higher than in any other group, including normal controls. The results indicate that percutaneous transport of zinc may be of sufficient magnitude to be clinically significant and that topical application of this element may be useful in cases of dietary zinc deficiency or diseases producing a zinc deficiency state.

Even zinc oxide is able to pass through the skin.

Mossy

Zinc Orotate 30 mg per, only this intake fixes my white spots on nails.
Good to know. Am I assuming correctly that she's tried other forms of zinc supplements to no avail and only the ororate worked?

I can’t seem to reference Ray’s supposed quote in the pages of this post. What did he say about Zinc supplementation exactly?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I use zinc gluconate with glycine, MSM, pumpkin seeds. I don't have stomach upset.

I also bought zinc acatate and mixed it with magnesium oil. I spray /apply it to armpit, head, hands.
Transdermal Zinc Picolinate - ACPHARM
Zinc Absorption Through Skin: Correction of Zinc Deficiency in the Rat - PubMed

. 1977 Apr;30(4):528-30.
doi: 10.1093/ajcn/30.4.528.
Zinc Absorption Through Skin: Correction of Zinc Deficiency in the Rat
C L Keen, L S Hurley
Abstract

The therapeutic effect of topical administration of zinc was tested in pregnant rats consuming a diet deficient in the element. Four groups of rats were fed a zinc-deficient diet for 24 hr. Half of the animals were treated during this period with a topical application of oil saturated with zinc chloride, for the full 24 hr in one group, and for the last 8 hr in the other. In the two remaining groups, oil without zinc chloride was applied under the same conditions as described above, and in all cases oral ingestion of the supplement was prevented. At the end of the 24-hr period, the animals were killed and plasma zinc was determined. An additional group of animals consuming a diet adequate in zinc was killed without any treatment to provide control values of normal plasma zinc. Rats consuming the deficient diet and without topical zinc supplementation had plasma zinc values significantly lower than all other groups after 24 hr. Animals receiving zinc supplementation for 8 hr had plasma levels similar to those of the control group fed an adequate zinc diet and significantly higher than those of rats that received no zinc application to the skin. In animals in which zinc was applied for 24 hr, plasma zinc values were significantly higher than in any other group, including normal controls. The results indicate that percutaneous transport of zinc may be of sufficient magnitude to be clinically significant and that topical application of this element may be useful in cases of dietary zinc deficiency or diseases producing a zinc deficiency state.

Even zinc oxide is able to pass through the skin.
Thank you, I’ve wondered about this so I appreciate you sharing. I’ve been using Oral-Cal which contains zinc so I’m probably absorbing some of it systemically.

aliml

Preliminary Comparison of Fractional Absorption of Zinc Sulphate, Zinc Gluconate, and Zinc Aspartate after Oral Supple-Mentation in Healthy Human Volunteers​

Background: Zinc is generally used as a nutritional supplement for individuals at nutritional risk, such as older adults. This preliminary study investigated the fractional Zn absorption (FZA) after the supplementation on eight healthy volunteers with three different Zn complexes acquired with milk.
Methods: The design was a double-blind, three-period crossover trial. The volunteers were randomly divided into three groups. Each individual consumed 200 mL of bovine milk and rotated through a simultaneous administration of a single oral dose of ZnSO4, Zn-Gluconate (Zn-Glu), and Zn-Aspartate (Zn-Asp), equivalent to 2.0 mg Zn, followed by 2 weeks of wash-out. An estimation of the FZA for comparative purposes was computed by the isotopic ratio between Zn and Zn in urine collected before and 48 h after administration.
Results: The estimated FZA was found to be significantly higher for Zn-Asp when compared to the other forms, while the FZA of Zn-Glu was found to be significantly higher than ZnSO4.
Conclusions: The results of this study suggest that complexing Zn with aspartate in milk could be a useful tool to improve FZA in individuals at risk of Zn deficiency. These results provide a rationale for conducting further studies on Zn-Asp preparations.
Discussion: This preliminary study aimed at evaluating the most efficient Zn-complex among Zn-Asp, ZnSO4, and Zn-Glu to improve Zn absorption with milk ingestion.
At our knowledge, the data herein presented provide the first experimental evidence that Zn administered in the form of Zn-Asp can enrich Zn human content more efficiently than other forms of Zn supplements, such as Zn-Glu and ZnSO4. In particular, Zn-Asp increased Zn absorption more than 2-fold more than ZnSO4 and about 1.5-fold more than Zn-Glu. These data are in agreement with previous observations by which Zn levels in the prostate gland and testis tissues were higher in rats treated with Zn-Asp when compared to treatment with ZnSO4. Hence, the combination of Zn with the amino acid aspartate appears to be an efficient formula for preparation of Zn supplements. In this study, the subjects consumed the Zn supplements in the form of capsules ingested with the help of a milk drink. Milk can potentially affect the Zn absorption due to the presence of certain compounds (i.e., caseins) that can bind to Zn and form complexes that are less readily absorbed in the small intestine. Moreover, the high amount of calcium in milk might have affected Zn absorption; however, several studies have provided evidence that the addition of a large amount of calcium to a single meal does not affect Zn absorption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals