Benefits Of Oysters

Xisca

The brand is Crown Prince smoked oysters in olive oil from South Korea. I wash off the oil and eat them quickly one by one until they are gone. I don't like them, but the lack of pain is a big motivator. I bought them through Amazon, but I noticed the other day that Trader Joe's now sells them.
Crown Prince Natural Whole Boiled Oysters, 8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
It seems that when they say bpa free, it means ...just they have BPS instead!!!!!!!!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pampa-Boiled-Oysters-8-oz/32286544#about-item
Direct Eats - Boiled Whole Oysters

Wagner83

I always hated the taste and texture of shellfish and oysters in particular, is there any recipe that makes it taste like magic (at least not as bad)?

accelerator

1-2 oysters daily in combination with small amounts of liver 2-3 times/ week was the only thing that completely cleared my acne and stopped the red/irritated/burning face I would get after eating certain foods.

I have tried only liver, liver + different zinc supplements, zinc supplements + vitamin a supplement before that and nothing really worked.
Oysters + liver is where it's at.
If I cut one of those 2 things out of my diet for a few weeks, the symptoms I mentioned above start coming back.

I usually buy 2 dozen oysters at a time, then put them in little bags and freeze them alive in the shell.

Why do you eat them daily? I take it you tried weekly, and that didn't work?

tygertgr

I used to eat canned oysters but came to the conclusion that they're not very good and not worth it. Inland, in a city, you have to go to an expensive sea food restaurant that prides itself on quality to get good stuff. Every couple weeks I eat lunch at Legal Seafood and have a few oysters. On the coasts outside the big cities, there are mom and pop places that serve good clam chowder and such, and there are local fish marts selling local catch. It's trivial in Maine. But the canned stuff does not compare.

If it was good product they wouldn't be putting in cans and shipping it all over the place. Good food is more valuable than that. Only the crap makes it into cans, at least as far as fish and meat goes.

If somebody sold flash frozen oyster meat I'd have to look into it, but as far as I know nobody does that.

RawEel

We do not have oysters here...
Would love to.
I can only get frozen shrimps and other seefood, and canned mussels....

but I did not know that you could get some in can, I have eaten them before, only raw from the shell!
You can order from iHerb.com - Crown Prince oysters in water or smoked oysters in olive oil

Ableton

is freezing them safe?
I can only order around 20 at a time
is 1 oyster a day a good amount?
how long do they last in the freezer?

mrchibbs

is freezing them safe?
I can only order around 20 at a time
is 1 oyster a day a good amount?
how long do they last in the freezer?

1 oyster a day is a tiny amount, which probably won't get you the benefits your after. You'd need a bit more especially with your hair problems.

If you can get 20 of them, use them and make an oyster stew. If I was in your shoes, I'd be more, like 40 or 60 and make a big recipe of oyster stew, which you can then freeze for individual weeks. It can be delicious if done right.

Many ways to make a great oyster stew, you can add bacon, spices, any veggie, chicken stock etc.

mrchibbs

upload_2020-6-13_21-40-56.png

upload_2020-6-13_21-41-9.png

Ableton

any1 got a good source for canned oysters in germany?
iherb is not delivering to germany

jack_zen

any1 got a good source for canned oysters in germany?
iherb is not delivering to germany

I am in Germany just got some Oysters canned with water from the shop Asian Food Lovers. They deliver from the Netherlands really fast.

Just ate them the first time and they taste really good

Mauritio

Anybody tried dried oyster powder/ extract?

Mathgirl

Try making a dip with them. I did a cream cheese mixture with lemon juice, fresh herbs, ranch dip herbs, and some paprika. Makes it more palatable for me

So I recently added in oysters to increase my zinc levels...has anyone noticed significant benefits when adding in oysters?

I was also told that oysters contain thyroid? Something to do with it being a non vertebrae animal?

Love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Thanks!
The copper in the oysters don’t make it a good source of zinc, shrimp is better..