Need Help With Thyroid Results And T4 Supplementation

Vanced

You're very right, different brands of thyroid all feel slightly different.

125 mcg T4 and 25 mcg T3 is a 5:1 ratio, I don't think that is suitable for everyone. Glad you've found a working dose for you though!

Yea, so many years of trial and error to end up at that, I can say though that results with taking thyroid hormones are 10 times better when following a peat diet, it's night and day. Good luck OP

OP
I

ilasj

Great, I just found someone who would prescribe T3, after struggling with 2 endo's who wouldn't do T3. Its nice to know that I can buy Tyromix OTC w/o having to hunt for doctors.

My feet is pretty cold right now :( I attempted the salty snack tip, let see how that goes.

I will grab a good thermometer today and will start tracking my temps.

Looks like am in for a long haul in this.. I hope I get to see the light at the end :pray

mrchibbs

Great, I just found someone who would prescribe T3, after struggling with 2 endo's who wouldn't do T3. Its nice to know that I can buy Tyromix OTC w/o having to hunt for doctors.

My feet is pretty cold right now :( I attempted the salty snack tip, let see how that goes.

I will grab a good thermometer today and will start tracking my temps.

Looks like am in for a long haul in this.. I hope I get to see the light at the end :pray

Great News! :) Let us know once you have some T3, so you can start devising a dosage plan.

You will get there, don't worry. Having a precise goal with the temperatures makes the entire process fun, and you will find that your quality of life is greatly increased by fixing your health and raising your thyroid function, and moreover, the healthier you are before you get pregnant, the more of an positive impact you'll imprint upon your future child.

If the mother is vibrant and healthy, she passes on cues of a nourishing environment, and the baby develops to its highest potential. Moreover, if the mother takes progesterone before and during pregnancy, it leads to children with very high IQs, as was shown by Katharina Dalton in the 1950s. Breast-feeding the child also extends this state of development, and will lead to magnificent and strong children.

In his recent interview on One Radio Network, Ray again mentioned the importance of thyroid in getting pregnant.

Last edited:

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Thank you. It's been a struggle so far.

My waking temperature is fine I believe, however I haven't been measuring. May be I should start measuring my temps. But by how I feel, I feel warm. Although my hands and feet gets cold from 12 pm until 2/3 pm.

I have been using progest-e for the past couple of cycles and I believe I'm experiencing estrogen kick back symptoms in the cycles that I used Progest-E. It could have been too low of a dosage? Its little tricky to measure Progest-E by drops when its refrigerated.

I can't stomach liver so I take Dessicated Beef Liver tablets along with Spleen and Bone Marrow in hopes of bringing my ferritin up. My recent addition is to consume chicken feet broth for the collagen and gelatin.

It's been a long ride, but I hope bringing up my magnesium should help me a bit.

Thank you for bringing up aspirin and carrot salad, I have been wanting to try both but kept procrastinating. I will start with baby aspirin and carrot salad.
Hello,

You and are in the same boat... I’m trying to conceive also, I’m trying to get my thyroid in optimal levels.. my temps are good now as I range between 36.3. -37 however, I’m constantly getting a swelling feeling in my calves and feet swell post eating. I believe I’m battling excess estrogen... it’s a constant fight.

OP
I

ilasj

Hi there!

Sending lots of baby dust to you.

Are you also hypothyroid? Are you on thyroid meds to fix your levels?

I was just put on Synthroid 25 mcg a month back. My TSH was 2.8 before I started taking meds and as part of fertility bloodwork that my RE ordered, my TSH was measured and my TSH has dropped to 1.2.

However, I want to add T3 but I would like to retest my FT4, FT3, RT3 before adding in my T3. And last time when I started with T4 in my luteal phase it delayed my periods by a few days. So I'm planning to start T3 on CD1.

My waking temps are ~ at 98.22 for the past 4 days. It could also be a little high because of me being in luteal phase.

I have also been monitoring my temps for the past few days. I thought if I chart my temps only with T4 and then with T4+T3 it will also give me a clear picture.

I'm not very sure if your symptoms are because of excess estrogen, but if it is the case, have you tried Progesterone in your luteal phase?

Apart from thyroid, have you had all the bloodwork done?

OP
I

ilasj

Great News! :) Let us know once you have some T3, so you can start devising a dosage plan.

You will get there, don't worry. Having a precise goal with the temperatures makes the entire process fun, and you will find that your quality of life is greatly increased by fixing your health and raising your thyroid function, and moreover, the healthier you are before you get pregnant, the more of an positive impact you'll imprint upon your future child.

If the mother is vibrant and healthy, she passes on cues of a nourishing environment, and the baby develops to its highest potential. Moreover, if the mother takes progesterone before and during pregnancy, it leads to children with very high IQs, as was shown by Katharina Dalton in the 1950s. Breast-feeding the child also extends this state of development, and will lead to magnificent and strong children.

In his recent interview on One Radio Network, Ray again mentioned the importance of thyroid in getting pregnant.

@mrchibbs

Okay, so I have my Cytomel 5mcg and I have given my Thyroid test yesterday to just get an idea of what one month of T4 supplementation did to my numbers. My RT3 was already high so I'm interested in knowing what the latest results would be. I have also been supplementing with Selenium. My latest endo told me that if I have a conversion problem, I should have been born with it and nothing could be done about it.

I already have my TSH that was done as part of fertility bloodwork. It has come down from 2.8 to 1.2, however I'm aware that it doesn't make any sense of its own until I know of my FT3, FT4 and RT3

I'm currently taking 25mcg of Levo first thing in the morning. Should I just do 12.5 mcg Levo + 5 mcg Cytomel first thing in the morning. I'm planning to include T3 from the first day of my period so as to not have any impact on my cycles (because of actively ttc)

Also, my temps for the past week has been (only started temping from last week) around 98.22 F. It could also be because I was in my luteal phase (where temps are expected to be a little higher than the follicular phase) AND because I was supplementing Progesterone (Progest-E). My cold feet and hands have been not so much of a problem in the past 15 days, again could be because of the phase of my cycle or because of being one month into T4 supplementation. I'm not so sure.

I was hoping to monitor my pulse for atleast a few days before starting with T3 to see a clear difference, but I haven't gotten a monitor yet.

Apart from including T3 and carrot salad is there anything else I should get started with?

Thank you so much for your time!

mrchibbs

Hey there!

I just want to say that I'm merely giving you my perspective, you are the best judge of what you need.

I think you shouldn't actively worry about getting pregnant over the next couple of weeks/months. It will naturally happen once your thyroid issues improve. And if you're really healthy before you get pregnant, you'll have an amazing pregnancy and a very healthy child. I suspect it is just around the corner for you.

Now let me address this quote:
My latest endo told me that if I have a conversion problem, I should have been born with it and nothing could be done about it.

Your endo is a straight up retard. Sorry if I'm a little triggered but this is complete and utter bull****. Don't worry because yes, you can actively improve your conversion problem, nothing is set in stone.

Now that it is out of the way, let me congratulate you on the TSH improvements. It is not surprising, because thyroxine (T4) suppresses the TSH, but still, it is very good news: TSH in the mid-normal range can cause female infertility

However, it's very good that you now have some T3 to work with. I would take 5mcg T3 and 12mcg T4 twice a day. Morning and evening, with a full meal. That would be a good approach. You could even add a little more T3 at lunch (say 2-3mcg). That would give you about a 2:1 ratio of T4:T3 which is very therapeutic. And then you should keep tracking temperatures. It should take about 2 months to see very profound therapeutic benefits from that point on so you should be patient. I will help you along this journey if you need support.

I wouldn't supplement selenium. Instead, source high quality shellfish like oysters, mussels, clams etc. Make clam chowders or oysters stew/soup. Mussels are great with homemade fries/mayo. You need a good balance of zinc/copper/selenium and other micronutrients for conversion, and there is nothing safer than shellfish. And they provide good complete protein, which helps the liver function better and detoxify excess estrogen.

Keep cycling the progest-e, topically, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, it will reinforce your cycles and help your thyroid function. Carrot salad everyday will lower endotoxin, which will lessen the burden on the liver, and increase its ability to convert T4 into T3. Find yourself some good milk and good source of fruit juice (I have fresh, unpasteurized apple juice here, but if you can find sweet orange juice that's even better). Drink lots of it regularly, it provides lots of protein, sugars, calcium etc. Make sure to get lots of light exposure. If there is fluoride in your water, finding a good water filter can help the thyroid, because fluoride is quite anti-T3. Red light therapy directly on your thyroid can improve conversion of T4 to T3. Again, aspirin is good to resolve underlying inflammation and a host of other issues.

The idea is that your thyroid will start increasing your endogenous production of progesterone, which will create the conditions for optimal fertility. Summer is the best time for this to happen.

Last edited:
OP
I

ilasj

Your endo is a straight up retard. Sorry if I'm a little triggered but this is complete and utter bull****. Don't worry because yes, you can actively improve your conversion problem, nothing is set in stone.
I'm totally with you on the comment about my endo. But sadly thats the reality of many endo's

However, it's very good that you now have some T3 to work with. I would take 5mcg T3 and 12mcg T4 twice a day. Morning and evening, with a full meal. That would be a good approach. You could even add a little more T3 at lunch (say 2-3mcg). That would give you about a 2:1 ratio of T4:T3 which is very therapeutic. And then you should keep tracking temperatures.
I was told to take thyroid medication away from food and first thing in empty stomach. At the moment, I wait one hour after my T4 supplementation to have my coffee.

My understanding was that taking it with food inhibits absorption or something like that? If that's not the case I would be very happy as I hate to wait for 1 hour after my thyroid supplementation.

Also, since T3 is the active hormone wouldn't 25 mcg of T4 + 12mcg of T3 suppress my TSH to hyper levels? or is it something to play around to find my optimal dose based on how I feel?

I wouldn't supplement selenium. Instead, source high quality shellfish like oysters, mussels, clams etc. Make clam chowders or oysters stew/soup. Mussels are great with homemade fries/mayo. You need a good balance of zinc/copper/selenium and other micronutrients for conversion, and there is nothing safer than shellfish. And they provide good complete protein, which helps the liver function better and detoxify excess estrogen.
:thumbsup:

I just want to remember I'm just giving you my perspective, you are the best judge of what you need.
I totally understand!

mrchibbs

They really do have no clue lol.

Take the thyroid with food, it's much better that way. And it will help your coffee work better. Sweet ripe fruits + coffee with milk and some thyroid is a perfect way to start the day. I like to cut up mangoes, berries or watermelon and eat a bowl to start my day with coffee. I put on some nice Bossa Nova Morning Jazz playlist on YouTube and I read for a couple of hours, it is honestly my favourite part of the day. :)

And no don't worry, 12mcg of T3 and 25 mcg of T4 is not even equivalent to ''one grain'' of thyroid, and thus it certainly won't make you ''hyper''. If you're like most people you might need the equivalent of ''2 grains''. But that will happen eventually.

Almost no one is truly hyper these days. (heck I wish I could be hyperthyroid, because those people are typically free of much of the chronic diseases). Ray Peat himself said that virtually everyone who came to him with a diagnosis of hyperthyroidism was in fact hypothyroid.

OP
I

ilasj

I started with T3 yesterday. I was kind of sleepy yesterday after noon but I wasn't sure if it was the T3. I have been extremely sleepy today as well for the past one hour struggling so much to keep myself awake (as I'm working).

I have never slept during the day even if I tried hard.

Does this mean that the T3 is wearing off around this time and it's time for me to dose again?

I took 12.5mcg T4+ 5 mcg T3 yesterday morning and evening. Same today morning.

Probably I should dose around 2.5 mcg around noon?

mrchibbs

I started with T3 yesterday. I was kind of sleepy yesterday after noon but I wasn't sure if it was the T3. I have been extremely sleepy today as well for the past one hour struggling so much to keep myself awake (as I'm working).

Does this mean that the T3 is wearing off around this time and it's time for me to dose again?

That's what I would do anyway. T3 needs to be dosed more often I think.

Collden

Its common for T3 to have a stimulant effect when you first start taking it that then wears off after a while. When the stimulant effect wears off what can instead happen is that stress hormones are lowered and you will feel more tired for a while. I don't think any of this is necessarily cause for concern but is just your body adjusting to the T3. What is problematic is chasing the stimulant effect by continually upping the dose. You want to start low and go slow with T3.

I've been taking a low dose of NDT in the morning for about 10 days and noticed the acute stimulating effect become less pronounced but the more subtle energy-boosting effects seem to last longer with each day and does not crash as hard in the evening, I'd guess your body eventually learns to adjust its own T3 production.

It probably is better to divide your T3 into at least two doses a day, but I think even once daily dosing can have beneficial effects over time, since it will suppress TSH for much longer than it stays in the blood stream.

Last edited:
OP
I

ilasj

Before starting T3, I got my complete thyroid panel done. Just got back my results and now I'm extremely confused.

How can my TSH fluctuate so bad in a couple of weeks. Was my TSH suppressed on 05/25 because of the T4 taken ~4 hours before the blood sample was taken.

I'm not even sure what my current TSH is. 3.2 is the highest it has ever been.

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 3.46.51 PM.png

mrchibbs

Before starting T3, I got my complete thyroid panel done. Just got back my results and now I'm extremely confused.

How can my TSH fluctuate so bad in a couple of weeks. Was my TSH suppressed on 05/25 because of the T4 taken ~4 hours before the blood sample was taken.

I'm not even sure what my current TSH is. 3.2 is the highest it has ever been.

View attachment 18164

No worries, your TSH was suppressed by the thyroxin. It is one of the reasons why Ray says the TSH-based treatment is inadequate because thyroxin by itself can suppress the TSH without resolving the thyroid problems. Keep moving forward and it'll be fine.

OP
I

ilasj

After being on low dose T3 for over a month, I gained what's called a tyre in the mid section and a lot of bloating. I'm otherwise lean and struggle to gain weight. Put on a huge belly and gained weight on love handles.

Is T3 raising my already high cortisol? Should I treat my cortisol before I take T3.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals