Conserve Your Own Infrared- Another Approach To Red Light Therapy?

tankasnowgod

So recently, I was introduced to the idea of conserving or reusing your body's own Infrared as a form of Red Light Therapy. I'm not sure if this idea has been discussed on the forum before, but this was coming from a source that was talking exclusively reusing or reabsorbing your own IR. I could see that there was potential in this approach, and it could be used as a standalone therapy, or in combination with other forms of Red Light. After all, Peat recommends re-breathing in a bag to increase CO2. Basically, this is the same concept.

I had a few mylar blankets, the paper thin kinds, so I put one under my fitted sheet last night before going to bed, to test it out. I ended up sleeping pretty well, and woke up more refreshed and energetic this morning than I have in months. My backside, which was closer to the mylar, was noticeably warmer to the touch in the morning that my front. Only downside that I noticed was that it crinkled like wrapping paper when I laid down, or moved. That didn't bother me too much, but I'm sure could annoy others. But there seem to be other options for IR reflective blankets that are pretty cheap out there.

Also note, I have been using an IR illuminator pointed at me at night for the past few weeks, to avoid sleeping in total darkness. This could have added to the effect.

Any thought or other concerns with this idea?

Inaut

@cedric mentioned something similar with regards to hair loss and a mylar sheet in a scrub cap.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

@cedric mentioned something similar with regards to hair loss and a mylar sheet in a scrub cap.

Awesome, just saw his post. Those mylar blankets are so cheap. I am thinking of other things that they could be useful for treating. His point about both IR and CO2 for some areas makes this idea very interesting.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Just started looking at infrared bed sheets.

https://www.thecompanystore.com/celliant-sheets

I had heard of this before, but was hesitant due to the price and not being sure if it would work (both the idea of conserving IR and fabric itself). At least half has been validated, at least personally. Be curious to know how celliant works, if anyone takes the plunge. The mylar blanket seemed to work quite well, at least based on one night.

Inaut

I’m taking my Mylar blanket to sleep tonight. . Why do I get excited to try things like this

I’m glad my girl friend isn’t over.

She be like ............

yerrag

A friend of mine selling something like this: Fit Patch – FIT Therapy | Far Infrared Technology

He's been thru many network marketing companies, and he seems to have hit gold here. By gold I mean a product that really works.

Until now, I was skeptical of what he's selling. Which is why I never bothered to ask about what he was selling.

Inaut

Used a mylar blanket as my actual blanket yesterday night. Slept quite well considering... I'll try this out for a while to see if I notice any improvements.

Noodlz2

What a nifty idea. @yerrag that product looks promising.

Haven't read this whole book yet, but I think one of the author's central ideas is that the more light we can detect "leaking" out of the body, the more aged/sick the body is. I wonder if this treatment would be a good way to counteract that.

https://www.amazon.com/Light-shaping-life-Biophotons-medicine/dp/9081884328

One note about the book, the first quarter is literally a word for word copy of The Body Electric by Robert Becker. I hope the latter parts are more unique.

Kartoffel

So recently, I was introduced to the idea of conserving or reusing your body's own Infrared as a form of Red Light Therapy. I'm not sure if this idea has been discussed on the forum before, but this was coming from a source that was talking exclusively reusing or reabsorbing your own IR. I could see that there was potential in this approach, and it could be used as a standalone therapy, or in combination with other forms of Red Light. After all, Peat recommends re-breathing in a bag to increase CO2. Basically, this is the same concept.

I had a few mylar blankets, the paper thin kinds, so I put one under my fitted sheet last night before going to bed, to test it out. I ended up sleeping pretty well, and woke up more refreshed and energetic this morning than I have in months. My backside, which was closer to the mylar, was noticeably warmer to the touch in the morning that my front. Only downside that I noticed was that it crinkled like wrapping paper when I laid down, or moved. That didn't bother me too much, but I'm sure could annoy others. But there seem to be other options for IR reflective blankets that are pretty cheap out there.

Also note, I have been using an IR illuminator pointed at me at night for the past few weeks, to avoid sleeping in total darkness. This could have added to the effect.

Any thought or other concerns with this idea?

That would be useful only in terms of keeping your body temperature up. Infrared light has no significant biological effects, and essentially all of it is absorbed by the water under the skin.

"The body emits infrared radiation, according to its temperature, and its temperature will increase as it absorbs I.R. from the environment, but I haven't seen any evidence that those wavelengths reactivate cytochrome oxidase (630 nm is the wavelength that has been studied most with that enzyme). Infrared is well absorbed by water, so much of it doesn't penetrate very deeply. Red wavelengths are absorbed by blue enzymes, and otherwise pass pretty freely through the tissues. When my eyes were dark adapted, putting a panel of red LEDs behind my thigh, it glowed red, and I could see the outlines of my femur." RP​

Momentum

Many people sleep under mylar to protect themselves from EMFs.
Several years ago we moved to a very rural area, no cell service and the only wifi signal coming into our home was our own, which we often turned off at night. My husband an I both noticed an improvement in well-being. Moved back to the 'burbs and going down hill. Husband, who's not into health and doesn't tend to notice changes, worked a few months this summer in a rural, no cell/wifi area and he commented, "I'm sleeping so well."

Interesting to hear that there may be IF benefit as well to sleeping under mylar.
Was the mylar noisy?

Inaut

Noisy.... slightly. I think the idea is to try to avoid moving around in sleep.... if you sleep with a partner it’s probably terrible though :s

Momentum

Just started looking at infrared bed sheets.

https://www.thecompanystore.com/celliant-sheets

Not sure if the Celliant would also block EMFs as they aren't listing what minerals are in their polyester: "Celliant is composed of 13 naturally occurring and thermo-reactive minerals that are infused into the core of the yarns; it is not based on a coating or an application"
They are almost the same price as EMF blocking sheets, I wonder which would be better?

yerrag

What a nifty idea. @yerrag that product looks promising.

Haven't read this whole book yet, but I think one of the author's central ideas is that the more light we can detect "leaking" out of the body, the more aged/sick the body is. I wonder if this treatment would be a good way to counteract that.

https://www.amazon.com/Light-shaping-life-Biophotons-medicine/dp/9081884328

One note about the book, the first quarter is literally a word for word copy of The Body Electric by Robert Becker. I hope the latter parts are more unique.

My friend convinced to try the infrared patch he's been selling. I'm going to use the patches for 90 days. It costs $300 for a 3 month supply of 3 packs x 30 patches. It has a 100% money back guarantee. I'm going to try its x39 patches. I'll see what effect it has on me. It's a tall order for them to fix or improve significantly any of these conditions I have: plenty of keloids on my torso, high blood pressure, thinning hair, and sub-optimal penile endurance.

The website is www.lifewave.com . The key to its effect is that it lessens the escape infrared light generated by the body from escaping, and that it helps the body produce a peptide called GHK-Cu. Here is the wikepedia entry on it: Copper peptide GHK-Cu - Wikipedia

The wikipedia entry however, is flagged for lacking verification to some of the statements made, so read through it with a grain of salt.

However, there are many articles to be found on it with a Google search, and I'll have to go through each of them in the coming days, as it's piqued my interest.

Last edited:

Soren

Forum Supporter
There is a type of mattress that uses Celliant as a material and they market themselves as a mattress for athletes because of the infrared they produce. Bear mattress is the company.

Waynish

My friend convinced to try the infrared patch he's been selling. I'm going to use the patches for 90 days. It costs $300 for a 3 month supply of 3 packs x 30 patches. It has a 100% money back guarantee. I'm going to try its x39 patches. I'll see what effect it has on me. It's a tall order for them to fix or improve significantly any of these conditions I have: plenty of keloids on my torso, high blood pressure, thinning hair, and sub-optimal penile endurance.

The website is www.lifewave.com . The key to its effect is that it lessens the escape infrared light generated by the body from escaping, and that it helps the body produce a peptide called GHK-Cu. Here is the wikepedia entry on it: Copper peptide GHK-Cu - Wikipedia

The wikipedia entry however, is flagged for lacking verification to some of the statements made, so read through it with a grain of salt.

However, there are many articles to be found on it with a Google search, and I'll have to go through each of them in the coming days, as it's piqued my interest.
I met the founder and some people who had been using it for a long time and they didn't seem especially healthy... But lots of people claim it made them feel better. If it works, then it isn't how is claimed... Thoughts? Still using them?

RealNeat

Staying cool while I sleep is a really important factor for me to get deep sleep. Or else when hot, I toss and turn, wake up with puffiness and grogginess. I don't like being cold but rather just right with natural fiber blankets, wool, cotton which assist in body temp regulation (discussing this topic here Polyester Is Dangerous and Bad for your Health )

I can't imagine why anyone would want more heat. When one has blankets and clothes the whole reason they keep us warm is because they preserve the body warmth/ infrared... so unless one is looking for sauna therapy I'm not understanding this uncomfortable and noisy biohack. Plus I don't want sheets of plastic touching my skin, especially if I'm sweating and hot.

Infrared however does have a physiological benefit, beyond the obvious warmth benefit the infrared assists in making ezwater in the body and is one of the factors that assists in blood flow as per Thomas Cowan and Gerald Pollacks work. I wouldn't be surprised if it also had a structuring effect on the fascia and lymph. The argument that infrared has no physiological activity reminds of the "inactive" ingredients in pharmaceuticals... which are hardly "inactive."

yerrag

I met the founder and some people who had been using it for a long time and they didn't seem especially healthy... But lots of people claim it made them feel better. If it works, then it isn't how is claimed... Thoughts? Still using them?
I have 2 more 30-day supplies of patches with me. The first 30-day I tried, it didn't do anything.

But I don't think the issues in my body are the type that just a patch will be sufficient to overcome.

It's like going to a TCM doctor and getting herbs. When the issue is more complicated - like an auto-immune condition that involves biofilms and bacteria and fungi helping each other out survive in that biofilm colony - it involves more than just a TCM formula, or a patch. It involves strategy and tactics