Sweaty Palms Ever Since Starting NDT (salt, Preg Not Helping)

Hi. I just started taking 3-4 drops of Haidut's TyroMax natural dessicated thyroid product a week ago.
I take it all at once for breakfast with a huge 1,000 calorie meal.
However, I get sweaty palms ALL DAY LONG and it wont go away.
I've increased sugar intake substantially (up to 300g daily)
I've increased salt intake (from 1tsp to 3tsp daily)
I've tried pregnenolone 1mg (but i always get estrogenic symptoms)

What is going on & what can I do?

(i'm a 6'3 male eating 3,000 - 3,500 calories per day, i've already gained 30 lbs since starting peating, so i dont think the answer is to simply eat more calories, but maybe i need to ramp them up while on NDT?)

Mauritio

Definitely a symptom of stress hormones. For me its low blood sugar so just eat more.

OP
Digital Samurai
Definitely a symptom of stress hormones. For me its low blood sugar so just eat more.
When I eat more, I gain belly fat, which comes with its own set of problems right? (i've already gained 30 lbs of belly fat in 1 year of peating, which isn't solving anything, only creating more problems)

OP
Digital Samurai
Are the hands cold or hot? Are you sweating in general?
Yes sweating in general in addition to the hands. More sweating over entire body, for example forehead and arm pits.

Hands are cold first thing in the morning, but warm up after first meal and stay warm throughout the day.

If I under eat or do other things that lower metabolism, they seem to get colder, but that's been rare lately.

Hugh Johnson

Yes sweating in general in addition to the hands. More sweating over entire body, for example forehead and arm pits.

Hands are cold first thing in the morning, but warm up after first meal and stay warm throughout the day.

If I under eat or do other things that lower metabolism, they seem to get colder, but that's been rare lately.
Your issue is too much water. Higher metabolism requires higher concentration of salts and other stuff and the kidneys can't keep up. so the body dumps water through the skin.

Consume less liquids and eat more salt

Hi. I just started taking 3-4 drops of Haidut's TyroMax natural dessicated thyroid product a week ago.
I take it all at once for breakfast with a huge 1,000 calorie meal.
However, I get sweaty palms ALL DAY LONG and it wont go away.
I've increased sugar intake substantially (up to 300g daily)
I've increased salt intake (from 1tsp to 3tsp daily)
I've tried pregnenolone 1mg (but i always get estrogenic symptoms)

What is going on & what can I do?

(i'm a 6'3 male eating 3,000 - 3,500 calories per day, i've already gained 30 lbs since starting peating, so i dont think the answer is to simply eat more calories, but maybe i need to ramp them up while on NDT?)

How does thyroid make you feel?like caffeine or sports or else?

OP
Digital Samurai
How does thyroid make you feel?like caffeine or sports or else?
It doesn't really make me feel any sort of way. But today I didn't have caffeine and only took NDT, which gave me sweaty hands within 20 min of taking it. Maybe i'm just taking too much, or not enough food with it.
(i'm only taking 4 drops of NDT, going to reduce it down to 2 drops and see how that goes)

OP
Digital Samurai
Your issue is too much water. Higher metabolism requires higher concentration of salts and other stuff and the kidneys can't keep up. so the body dumps water through the skin.

Consume less liquids and eat more salt

I've experimented with reducing liquid intake (which is already low) and increasing salt intake and this had no effect, this tells me it isn't the issue.
I'm literally feeling thirsty and dry mouth because of this experiment, which had no effect on sweaty hands. Don't think this is the issue, but do appreciate your thoughts.

Hugh Johnson

I've experimented with reducing liquid intake (which is already low) and increasing salt intake and this had no effect, this tells me it isn't the issue.
I'm literally feeling thirsty and dry mouth because of this experiment, which had no effect on sweaty hands. Don't think this is the issue, but do appreciate your thoughts.
I had hyperhidrosis when I increased my body temperature. It still comes back when I drink too much liquids. It might just take a while for the body to adjust

Peater

When I eat more, I gain belly fat, which comes with its own set of problems right? (i've already gained 30 lbs of belly fat in 1 year of peating, which isn't solving anything, only creating more problems)

Did you ever manage to deal with the belly fat and sweaty palms? Experiencing similar myself. (I've always been prone to sweating even cold sweats, I'm liking the increased temps but was hoping bringing thyroid function/levels up to scratch might address both issues)

Back
Top Bottom