low stomach acid production
diabetic tendencies
high cortisol
low vit D regardless of supplementation+daily sunbathing
irritable and sensitive bowels
high mucous production
low stress tolerance
high cholesterol

Peat gave me hope that my problems can be overcome and I was not born like this, but having it all laid out by D'Adamo makes me think the weakness is inherent and inevitable.

The diet he suggests for type A is abysmal and for a good reason. Insufficient stomach acid is equivalent to death. Final nail in the coffin is that type A barely secretes IAP and that our own blood cells bind the small amount that we do secrete Intestinal Alkaline Phosphatase and the ABO Blood Group System--A New Aspect - PubMed

It seems that type A's are suboptimal and survived even though they shouldn't have, living on an extremely restricted vegan diet based around suboptimal food (foliage and grains). Now you can only be adapted to eating that crap, never thrive on it, there's no way you'd function optimally eating like this, but what do you do when you're not built to break down and thrive on human food?

redsun

So far D'Adamo has been right about every single one of my problems
Naturally small thyroid, hypo from a young age
low stomach acid production
diabetic tendencies
high cortisol
low vit D regardless of supplementation+daily sunbathing
irritable and sensitive bowels
high mucous production
low stress tolerance
high cholesterol

Peat gave me hope that my problems can be overcome and I was not born like this, but having it all laid out by D'Adamo makes me think the weakness is inherent and inevitable.

The diet he suggests for type A is abysmal and for a good reason. Insufficient stomach acid is equivalent to death. Final nail in the coffin is that type A barely secretes IAP and that our own blood cells bind the small amount that we do secrete Intestinal Alkaline Phosphatase and the ABO Blood Group System--A New Aspect - PubMed

It seems that type A's are suboptimal and survived even though they shouldn't have, living on an extremely restricted vegan diet based around suboptimal food (foliage and grains). Now you can only be adapted to eating that crap, never thrive on it, there's no way you'd function optimally eating like this, but what do you do when you're not built to break down and thrive on human food?

This is a terrible way to think. Not only is it a bad way to think you are doomed because of being born with a certain blood type, but it is completely wrong.

You really got deep into this if you think you are destined to live poorly and forced to eat a vegan diet to just barely crawl through life. Eat quality animal proteins and eat plants. Yes you can eat both and you need animal protein to be healthy. You cannot do one without the other and ever expect to be okay.

There are many people on this forum as well as everywhere on the internet that try to understand and fix their own problems. You can divide them into two types of people: those who do not give up by practically just try to fix their own health issues, and then there's those that try and try and then give up eventually and move on with life.

If you are going to be in the latter group and give up, then that's fine. But dont give up and go vegan, eat all types of food and get on with life. Don't think any of your health problems have to with you being born as the wrong blood type for one second more of your life. Complete utter garbage lies that perpetuate a hopeless mentality that is not good for anyone and certainly not good for you.

OP
U

ursidae

I find undigested pieces of meat in my stool despite supplementing betaine hcl and enzymes. Just eating two eggs a day made my cholesterol so ridiculously high that my doctor believes the lab got it wrong and there's no way it's real

opson123

What is the proposed science behind the blood type diet? I haven't done any research on it and I don't have time atm to do so, so I can't really say much about it.

redsun has good advice and also I suggest reading Kelj's posts here. Kelj's general message is that most of the many health issues are caused by an energy deficit.

alephx

Could you be zinc deficient? What does your diet look like in a normal day?

OP
U

ursidae

eggs (high quality from my family's hens), meat, shellfish, fruit, tubers, squash, dairy, small amounts of boiled veg, mushrooms, coconut, occasional olives, carrot salad

I know I have a high zinc requirement but I cant get oysters in this country and I am clearly not digesting beef

alephx

Ok, it sounds alright. Only mushrooms I would be very careful, especially white, cremini, and portobello they are very high in agaritine. I was quite hypo until I supplemented magnesium, also look into supplementing some B-vitamins, though you get them from meat and eggs it seems to be very little.

Something that I think might be lacking from your diet is Vitamin E, if I recall correctly, it let your body recycle progesterone so it will get you on a virtuous healing cycle. Now, it is very hard to find adequate sources, think someone in the forum might sell a high quality one. When I lived in my home country, I would buy very high quality wheat germ (food highest in Vitamin E) and just eating a big tablespoon with milk would raise my metabolism quite a bit. A gf who was most definitely hypo, told her to try somethings and we found out that magnesium, the wheat germ and coconut oil made her feel even sweat of how much they raised her metabolism. The reason I insist in the quality is that the wheat germ here in the USA are all adulterated with bran and other stuff, it definitely feels less powerful. Also, the wheat germ oil, goes rancid very quick and that will just cause very bad issues (I realized it had gone bad because: stopped having positive effects, my liver would pain, that level of bad). So if you can find fresh wheat germ, def give it a try.

If after trying that you feel a slight improvement, try getting Lugol's iodine and have a drop every day. It definitely gets my metabolism going and you need very little, just be sure the rest of your nutrition is in the right place.

Edit: also, have plenty of salt, impossible to keep the magnesium in your body without it, and impossible to have a functioning thyroid.

milkboi

Ok, it sounds alright. Only mushrooms I would be very careful, especially white, cremini, and portobello they are very high in agaritine. I was quite hypo until I supplemented magnesium, also look into supplementing some B-vitamins, though you get them from meat and eggs it seems to be very little.

Something that I think might be lacking from your diet is Vitamin E, if I recall correctly, it let your body recycle progesterone so it will get you on a virtuous healing cycle. Now, it is very hard to find adequate sources, think someone in the forum might sell a high quality one. When I lived in my home country, I would buy very high quality wheat germ (food highest in Vitamin E) and just eating a big tablespoon with milk would raise my metabolism quite a bit. A gf who was most definitely hypo, told her to try somethings and we found out that magnesium, the wheat germ and coconut oil made her feel even sweat of how much they raised her metabolism. The reason I insist in the quality is that the wheat germ here in the USA are all adulterated with bran and other stuff, it definitely feels less powerful. Also, the wheat germ oil, goes rancid very quick and that will just cause very bad issues (I realized it had gone bad because: stopped having positive effects, my liver would pain, that level of bad). So if you can find fresh wheat germ, def give it a try.

If after trying that you feel a slight improvement, try getting Lugol's iodine and have a drop every day. It definitely gets my metabolism going and you need very little, just be sure the rest of your nutrition is in the right place.

Haidut has a great Vitamin E product derived from wheat germ oil

somuch4food

I'm type A. I got into Adamo at some point. It didn't do much. Even if his theories could have some validity, it's only one variable within your body.

I actually benefit from a high animal product diet and I have trouble with plant toxins.

LUH 3417

I have struggled with similar issues. Digestive enzymes did very little to improve stomach acid. What has helped me the most is starting each day with one lemon, a dash of hot water and bitters and also taking ancestral supplements gallbladder with oxbile

OP
U

ursidae

Edit: also, have plenty of salt, impossible to keep the magnesium in your body without it, and impossible to have a functioning thyroid.
thank you for your time, I'll look into all these things

lampofred

I am type A and I strongly recommend eating liver for all of those issues. Chicken liver might be best at first since it has low copper, and copper can cause problems if estrogen isn't low, but calf liver is probably better in the long run.

I think Type As chronically hyperventilate which leads to consuming vitamin A stores (and probably yet undiscovered vitamins found in liver) rapidly, and without adequate vitamin A, the thyroid system can't work, leading to all the issues you mentioned. Eating liver will restore vitamin A stores, plus RP wrote that liver has some factors that are necessary for vitamin D retention. Then adequate vitamin D retention and calcium intake will lower chronic hyperventilation (and lower cortisol/diabetic tendencies) and prevent overconsumption of vitamin A in the future.

Also whenever there are vicious feedback loops like this to break out of, coffee and red light seem to be helpful (and maybe aspirin).

I think keeping salt high and fluids low is also very important until thyroid goes up and salt retention improves. I don't know if RP recommends this but I don't know if he discourages it either, but powdered milk might be something to try to lower fluid intake.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals