Toddler Fase

Redshine

Dear all,

My little boy has reached the fase of being a toddler. He eats meat, not much. Dried apricots, sometimes a banana, pasta at the daycare. But he loves milk, milk and milk. Im a little worried he might not getting enough nutrients.

Are there some ray peat guidelines I can try more based on children. Or maybe there are parents here who have some ideas to varied a bit more? I am in need of some insparation :praying:

Runenight201

I’d assume at that age they’ll only put into their mouth that which tastes good. How creative has your cooking been?

somuch4food

What's his age exactly?

Turning stuff into cookies, muffins and balls can help. Puddings work well too in my house, as do frozen treats.

I’d assume at that age they’ll only put into their mouth that which tastes good. How creative has your cooking been?

They are finicky on taste but also texture and how it looks. They can be surprising though. My toddler eats a spread made of oysters with cheese and mustard. At some point, he also ate sardines with bones straight from the can.

OP
Redshine

Redshine

What's his age exactly?

Turning stuff into cookies, muffins and balls can help. Puddings work well too in my house, as do frozen treats.

They are finicky on taste but also texture and how it looks. They can be surprising though. My toddler eats a spread made of oysters with cheese and mustard. At some point, he also ate sardines with bones straight from the can.

Texture and how it looks that is indeed a little bit of an issue. But he is willing to taste, sometimes with a little bit incentive but he does it :).

The oyster spread is a good idea (didnt know from wich age i could give oysters to him)

OP
Redshine

Redshine

I'm not the best cook (I know that :angelic:) but sometimes I make pasta with liver and meat combined, a good dosis of tomato sauce and he loves it. Saucages, pork and cow. Potatoes (but he doesnt eat it, I keep offering it so its stays an option on his plate)

At the daycare they make an menu of the week mostly pasta, rice, egg, patatoes/meat/vegetables.

boris

I think a toddler who's not yet manipulated by advertising and education should intuitively know exactly what he needs. I would just offer him good products, cheese, meats, eggs, lean fish, fruit, fresh juices, maybe tomato and cucumber with salt if he likes it, boiled potatoes with lots of salt with cream or butter. If he doesn't like potatoes, you can make them more interesting if you fry them in coconut oil after boiling.

If he doesn't like cooked greens but milk, there's no problem. If he drinks a lot of milk he will get all the same nutrients and more.

/
Every kid loves a breakfast of cheese, eggs and plenty of orange juice :):

Last edited:

Beastmode

@Redshine
We feed ours cooked egg yolks, milk powder pancakes, homemade jellos, stewed fruits with every meal, strip of a raw carrot, milk (4-8 oz per day,) fresh squeezed OJ, 1 baked white shrimp (4 times per week,) baked oysters (anywhere between 1-2 per week,) oxtail soup, chicken head/feet soup, well boiled beet root and I'm sure there's more.

Our toddler is 33 months old.

Not sure if it's a reason why, but I make her part of the shopping, preparing the foods, cooking, etc so she's pretty connected with her foods and knows where they come from. Also, eating is something we do as a family and don't have any distractions like phones, tv's on, etc.

Hope that helps.

@boris I've asked Peat personally about the cooked greens and he said this age range is probably not ready to digest them well. Agree on the milk and OJ!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals