Fat Under The Jaw Area: What Is Wrong With People Like Us?

Endew57

The fat on one's jaw area and neck. Can it be dealt with? I'm skinny but this area is chubby and it wasn't always like that.

Peaterpeater

I was also slim with a double chin some years ago. I think I started noticing it when I become increasingly hypothyroid....it seemed like a direct relationship. Now my body matches that double chin, unfortunately.

theLaw

thyroid.jpg

hypothyroidismafter2.jpg

Photo-of-a-36-year-old-man-before-a-and-41-days-after-start-of-therapy-with-thyroid.png

Hypothyroidism.jpg

51QZaXr2MyL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

SOMO

Mild goiter probably.

If your BMI is normal or low and you have chubby cheeks or fat under the chin, it's likely due to high cortisol and/or improper thyroid function.

rawmeat

Your tounge/mouth posture is very important to combat the droopy jaw. Keep your tongue on the roof of your mouth, your teeth together, and your lips closed. Look up orthotropics, very interesting stuff.

D

Deleted member 5487

Optimal hormones. Girls like guys with "jawlines".

What they mean is men with High T, optimized hormonal profile(metabolism).Same reason women like hair, another expression of metabolism.

1) T in inversely correlated with facial fat(fat in general).-Estrogen also contributes to facial fat.

What you have is high cortisol/estrogen leading to edema.

The better your metabolism and hormones, the leaner your face get's.
(not including low carb gaunt look, any idiot can achieve)

olive

Could be any of the above but could also be a low hyoid bone. Do a tongue swallow but stop half way through the swallow. You should feel under your jaw lift up and your tongue pushing up on the palette. It will feel uncomfortable but hold that position throughout the day for a few weeks until it becomes your normal resting position.

lampofred

It's probably caused by different things for different people, but for me the fat under my jaw gets worse when my cortisol is high. Niacinamide (increases GABA, opposes cortisol) makes my jaw chiseled for a few hours whenever I take it.

Also there's nothing "wrong" with you, it's just a bit of water retention/fat...

Bogdar

Your tounge/mouth posture is very important to combat the droopy jaw. Keep your tongue on the roof of your mouth, your teeth together, and your lips closed. Look up orthotropics, very interesting stuff.

Haha I was about to say that. Nice pseudo by the way.

Thyroid could be a problem but your muscle tone could me a more important one. As said other members above, you should check orthotropics on youtube. Only with the position of my tongue I can reverse the double chin even when I chin tuck as much as I can. You may have other problems coming with it, as malocclusion, crooked teeth, forward head posture...

Weak fascia stop drooping your head to look at your phone and do front neck bridges and make intense grimaces that use the muscles connecting your face neck and collabone. Do it slowly 2x a week 5 second contract 5 second relax. 8 reps one set. Immediate results in week

CoolTweetPete

Weak fascia stop drooping your head to look at your phone and do front neck bridges and make intense grimaces that use the muscles connecting your face neck and collabone. Do it slowly 2x a week 5 second contract 5 second relax. 8 reps one set. Immediate results in week

This! ^

The fascia can become shortened from this "head-tilted forward" posture. Lengthening the front of the neck and strengthening it in a position with the eyes facing forward will help alleviate the issue. Along with the metabolic issues mentioned above, there may be structural abnormalities such as the one's we are describing. Both approaches used in tandem would be optimal.

Hate to constantly plug my own thread, but I think I surmised this all pretty well here,

Myofascial Meridians, Tensegrity, & Structural Health, A Possible Missing Link

japanesedude

I've recently noticed B6 completely remove doublechin. 10mg was not enough. It took atleast more than 20mg to fix it.