Cyproheptadine + Buspirone Stack

aguineapig

I have just starting experimenting with this combination, which seems very promising thus far (and on paper).

Buspar/buspirone is not talked about much. It certainly can have some less ideal effects (slight increase in prolactin and cortisol) but it is also fairly easy to get via Rx if you have a dr who isn't a complete POS, and the serotonin lowering effect and dopamine (as well as noradrenaline) boost is very significant.

See Buspirone Enhances Duloxetine- And Fluoxetine-Induced Increases in Dialysate Levels of Dopamine and Noradrenaline, but Not Serotonin, in the Frontal Cortex of Freely Moving Rats - PubMed

"Buspirone (2.5 mg/kg, s.c.) similarly elevated levels of DA (100%) and NAD (160%) but reduced those of 5-HT (-50%)."

It really dovetails with cypro, with cypro regulating any over stimulation and helping sleep wonderfully (buspar did cause some minor insomnia, but I am still titrating onto it so this may cease), and of course the great 5-HT2A blockade. The Buspar likewise takes care of any somnolence from the 1mg of cypro at night, and makes any D3 blockade from the low dose cypro a non issue. Cypro takes care of the modest elevation of prolactin/cortisol as well.

We'll see how it keeps up, but I am very happy with the combo, it feels like a super effective anti depressant to get me through the next several months thru a move and a lot of other stresses.

OP
A

aguineapig

whats the update? This is interesting.

I feel almost completely symptom free. It took maybe 4-6 weeks to reach full effect. Even though the situational stress which was largely responsible for my breakdown has escalated if anything.

Definitely worth a try.

Rickyman

Dude that's great! Did you by any chance have GI issues? maybe you were hoping this would help with? I know when I took Xan or Klonopin it helped with IBS.

OP
A

aguineapig

I had easily disturbed digestion, and a lot of anxiety "from the gut". Now no digestion is as good as it ever was when I took cypro in the past. Yesterday I ate an entire roast vegetable pizza for lunch and pancakes for late dinner. I took a 10" dump this morning that nearly clogged the pipe, and apart from a little sluggish exhaustion for half an hour, upward and onward.

I'm like a greased pig now and anxiety can't really get a grip on me.

The tobacco is probably helping my gut too, and potentiating the neuro chemical changes I'm going for as well. Just a bit of nasal snuff when I feel like it.

golder

I had easily disturbed digestion, and a lot of anxiety "from the gut". Now no digestion is as good as it ever was when I took cypro in the past. Yesterday I ate an entire roast vegetable pizza for lunch and pancakes for late dinner. I took a 10" dump this morning that nearly clogged the pipe, and apart from a little sluggish exhaustion for half an hour, upward and onward.

I'm like a greased pig now and anxiety can't really get a grip on me.

The tobacco is probably helping my gut too, and potentiating the neuro chemical changes I'm going for as well. Just a bit of nasal snuff when I feel like it.

Very very interesting, thanks so much. I’ve been thinking of the best way to incorporate a small amount of nicotine in, be it through patches/snuff/vape. What made you decide on the snuff out of curiosity and what benefits have you found? Great info here, really appreciate :)

OP
A

aguineapig

Nasal snuff is probably the safest and easiest to titrate your dose. I take maybe 1/3 of a gram of snuff per day. People I know who switched to nasal snuff take upwards of 10 grams a day. It doesn't seem as progressive as snus, which is very strong and easy to use more and more and end up addicted. Nasal snuff, you really have to work at it to develop or maintain a serious dependence.

I also smoke a pipe a few times a week as a treat and maybe a few cigars a year.

It's very subtly beneficial in a broad spectrum sort of way. Like, you notice it's aggregated absence when it's not there, but can't quite put your finger on it. It's essentially a thyroid surrogate so that sort of makes sense. It also clears the way for endogenous GABA production, without having any GABA receptors affinity which is the safe way to do it.

OP
A

aguineapig

Nicotine gum is fine do if you are concerned about dependence. Essentially analogous to caffeine on its own. Although anecdotally I found coffee harder to stop than snuff when i quit everything due to panic disorder.

golder

Nicotine gum is fine do if you are concerned about dependence. Essentially analogous to caffeine on its own. Although anecdotally I found coffee harder to stop than snuff when i quit everything due to panic disorder.
Great thanks - know of any nicotine gum without any crap excipients/fillers?

DaveFoster

Nasal snuff is probably the safest and easiest to titrate your dose. I take maybe 1/3 of a gram of snuff per day. People I know who switched to nasal snuff take upwards of 10 grams a day. It doesn't seem as progressive as snus, which is very strong and easy to use more and more and end up addicted. Nasal snuff, you really have to work at it to develop or maintain a serious dependence.

I also smoke a pipe a few times a week as a treat and maybe a few cigars a year.

It's very subtly beneficial in a broad spectrum sort of way. Like, you notice it's aggregated absence when it's not there, but can't quite put your finger on it. It's essentially a thyroid surrogate so that sort of makes sense. It also clears the way for endogenous GABA production, without having any GABA receptors affinity which is the safe way to do it.
I never experienced the escalating dosages of snus. There's a biphasic curve with nicotine, and snus let's you keep your nicotine blood levels in a stable range without wild fluctuations. A strong pouch on the wrong day will have you floored for half of an hour; it's not just up-and-up.