For Those Of You Who Eat 1oz Liver Every Day

Kingpinguin

2 weeks! Damn you must really be a emu lol! I mean that would def be more convenient, but I figured it would be off after day 3. Maybe I'll give it a try at some point and see how long I can keep eating it. Thanks.

no foods that are thoroughly cooked and stored cold, sterilized and properly will last quite a long time.

tara

Lots of great ideas here... the problem with pate though, is that you cant have it without some nice crunchy bread!
Or rice cakes if gluten intolerant.
Or spread on slices of cucumber and maybe other fruits and veges if avoiding grains. I've had some that went really well with cucumber.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

You can likely buy frozen liver aswell defrost it enough to become loose then cut it up and refreeze it again without having to be concerned a bit.

Yea the one I get is frozen, so this is what im gonna try.

Or rice cakes if gluten intolerant.
Or spread on slices of cucumber and maybe other fruits and veges if avoiding grains. I've had some that went really well with cucumber

Thats a pretty nice idea with the cucumber, get some crunch plus Im guessing the cucumber has some pretty good fiber.

Beata

I've seen quite of few people mention they eat 1oz liver every single day. This seems like a pretty nice idea and something I'd like to try, but how are you guys managing this logistically?

The beef liver I buy, and really the only I've seen, come in big(ish) pieces and are about 1 pound per package frozen. I actually order it online because its high-quality and it comes frozen solid with ice packs. So I usually defrost one and figure its good in the fridge for 2-3 days. I usually just split it with someone and we eat about 8oz each once every week or two.

But I dont know how you manage to do 1oz per day. In my situation it seems like I'd wind up having to throw a good portion of it away. If I defrost it and eat 1oz a day by the 3rd day I will have to throw the whole pound out. How do you guys manage this?

Madness comes in many forms.
10oz. of liver daily supplies 90 000IU of vitamin A per day. The recommended amount is 2000IU, so you do the math! Vitamin A becomes a dangerous toxin eaten in this quantity. The body can handle it for a while but then the problems start. Headache, skin issues, autoimmune issues, hypercalcemoa, hair loss, liver disease and much more.

More is not better especially when vitamin A is concerned.

David90

I've seen quite of few people mention they eat 1oz liver every single day. This seems like a pretty nice idea and something I'd like to try, but how are you guys managing this logistically?

The beef liver I buy, and really the only I've seen, come in big(ish) pieces and are about 1 pound per package frozen. I actually order it online because its high-quality and it comes frozen solid with ice packs. So I usually defrost one and figure its good in the fridge for 2-3 days. I usually just split it with someone and we eat about 8oz each once every week or two.

But I dont know how you manage to do 1oz per day. In my situation it seems like I'd wind up having to throw a good portion of it away. If I defrost it and eat 1oz a day by the 3rd day I will have to throw the whole pound out. How do you guys manage this?

Thankfully we have a Butcher's Shop here in Germany called ''Vinzenzmurr'' that has Beef Liver Regulary. I buy small pieces of it every few Days and let it packaged in small Amounts. Like 80-100g per Package. I have also done a Experiment where i was eating 50-80g Beef Liver EVERY DAY. That was One Week before my Second Blood Test (with the 800ng/dl Total T)....

OP
cyclops

cyclops

10oz. of liver daily supplies 90 000IU of vitamin A per day. The recommended amount is 2000IU, so you do the math! Vitamin A becomes a dangerous toxin eaten in this quantity. The body can handle it for a while but then the problems start. Headache, skin issues, autoimmune issues, hypercalcemoa, hair loss, liver disease and much more.

I think you may have read one ounce as ten ounces... I agree ten ounces daily would be too much for sure!

A.R

Thankfully we have a Butcher's Shop here in Germany called ''Vinzenzmurr'' that has Beef Liver Regulary. I buy small pieces of it every few Days and let it packaged in small Amounts. Like 80-100g per Package. I have also done a Experiment where i was eating 50-80g Beef Liver EVERY DAY. That was One Week before my Second Blood Test (with the 800ng/dl Total T)....
Would you say it would be safe to eat 100g of lamb liver a day?

A.R

What other nutrients are required to balance a high vitamin A intake?

SQu

Make pate, keep in fridge.
Yes. Beef liver pate keeps very well for about the week to ten days it takes us to get through it. It's a bit of work to make especially as I also press it through a sieve to get rid of the tough little bits of the membranes that I find off-putting in terms of texture. But it's by far the nicest way to eat liver and makes a great, quick breakfast. But yes, without a very crispy bit of toast to have it with... It's just not the same.

tara

tara

Are you still on your old routine that you have posted on this thread, or has it changed?
I buy a good amount when I come across it fresh, chop it into eating size, and freeze most of it raw in portions so I can get one serving out at a time when I want. Sometimes soak overnight before eating. I don't know if this part makes much difference. I aim eat it according to taste, which would probably be a serving every week or s. If I overdo it I get sick of it and avoid for a while. If I go without for too long I start to crave it. Often eat it quick fried with veges etc, also found it good as an addition to soup or meatloaf.

A.R

I buy a good amount when I come across it fresh, chop it into eating size, and freeze most of it raw in portions so I can get one serving out at a time when I want. Sometimes soak overnight before eating. I don't know if this part makes much difference. I aim eat it according to taste, which would probably be a serving every week or s. If I overdo it I get sick of it and avoid for a while. If I go without for too long I start to crave it. Often eat it quick fried with veges etc, also found it good as an addition to soup or meatloaf.
That's interesting thanks

I've measured out 100g pieces of liver and froze it in bags ,

I've also put about 3 button mushrooms in each bag. Like this I can have a small amount of mushroom with each serving

I defrost and fry in butter

About 3x a week atm

I definitely feel positive effects whenever I eat it

This thread has been great thanks everyone!

miquelangeles

I always feel a nice surge in energy levels shortly after eating liver. The anti-fatigue effect is almost instant, and feels like a clean energy with increased physical strength and muscle coordination. I personally prefer pork liver and feel better with it, but everyone's different I guess.
The problem is that in order to feel these effects the liver has to be fresh and flash fried only lightly. I cut it in ~2cm slices and flash fry it in a pan just enough for it to turn light brown inside, while still retaining all the moisture. I don't feel the same benefits from eating liver pate for example, or overcooked liver, so at least some of the nutrients must be heat sensitive and maybe also "time" sensitive? A few people here mentioned that cooked liver lasts a long time in the fridge. If "lasts" means that it resists spoilage or maintains its taste, then yes. But I think a lot of the bioactives are lost with storage as well as with cooking.
But lightly fried liver retains a lot of moisture, which makes it very susceptible to spoilage even when stored in the fridge.
Does anyone have any tips on how to solve this logistical problem? :):
I was thinking to keep the lightly fried pieces of liver in a glass jar filled with olive oil, in the fridge. Would that be a good preservation method to try?

Tash

Am I the only one who loves to eat it raw? Got bored with fried/pateed/stewed. Sorry not sorry.

miquelangeles

Am I the only one who loves to eat it raw? Got bored with fried/pateed/stewed. Sorry not sorry.
Tried a few bits raw and it wasn't bad, but doesn't taste nearly as good as lightly fried.
There is a risk of hepatitis E virus from raw offal, Ray himself also flash fries liver probably for the same reason.

Doc Sandoz

I can't stand beef liver, so I make chicken liver pate (organic liver through Azure, shipped in on a monthly truck run.) It is quite tasty and easy to eat an ounce of liver - maybe an ounce and a half of pate - everyday. Goes well on crackers. I take a pound of liver, make pate, divide into four balls, freeze those on a cookie sheet, then put them in a freezer bag for later thawing. That way the longest it sits in the fridge is three or four days. Best served chilled. If you are worried about not getting enough Cu eating chix liver instead of beef, supplement with 3 oz smoked oysters in olive oil once or twice per week.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals