PERSONAL TRANSCRIPTIONS THREAD

mrchibbs

I meant like that l-i-g-h-t site in the sense that the interviews were organized and could be searched all at once, not in the sense of creating a separate webstie. Maybe a way of replicating that here might be to have a section for only interview transcripts with no discussion allowed. Then you could search only Dr. Peat's words and not that of posters.

Absolutely. It needs to be only about posting interviews, and no discussion.
I think it should be seen as a reference tool.

Amazoniac

No worries man. I understand it can be a drag.
That's why I propose people do it according to what interests them.
Certain interviews are more interesting based on the subject and I find myself wanting to go back and listen and transcribe everything carefully.

We should pitch it as something people do for their own benefits. Transcribing an interview really allows you to remember and understand its content.
And then you share it with the community.

Basically, people shouldn't ask other people to transcribe a specific interview, they should do it themselves.

And I feel like if it's front page on this website, it will be a big success.
And I'm not talking only the Ray Peat interviews. Guys like Tim Berzins from Amplified Vitality, or Danny Roddy, or Georgi's interviews are fair game as well.
When the interviewer or questioner is not objective, it's enough reason for the audience to become impatient and complain just from listening to it for one time. Imagine having to go through those parts multiple times. It's those that are tiring and distracting, there's not much to learn from them.

The lack of standarization from title alone:
- Audio Interview Transcripts

If these details are agreed in advance, it saves time.

mrchibbs

I think the only guideline should be to transcribe the interview as factually as possible. Can’t control the bias of the interviewer, and for example I think its totally fine to summarize when for example a caller is rambling on and on. The person doing the transcribing will have to make those calls according to their best judgment

Lejeboca

I volunteer to verify for posting transcript of the latest One Radio Network Interview from April 20, 2020
Fantastic Timpone Interview 4-20-20

Where do I post it and did we agree on a "standard"?

Luckily, Patrick Timpone does not give "enough reason for the audience to become impatient and complain just from listening to" him. :):

mrchibbs

I volunteer to verify for posting transcript of the latest One Radio Network Interview from April 20, 2020
Fantastic Timpone Interview 4-20-20

Where do I post it and did we agree on a "standard"?

Luckily, Patrick Timpone does not give "enough reason for the audience to become impatient and complain just from listening to" him. :):

Thanks @Lejeboca I am waiting for @charlie to see if we can set up a place to post the transcripts so its visible and has a spot on the front-page.

meatbag

I'll do part 2 and 3 and of the recent april 2020 pol and sci interviews

md_a

Hi, maybe this information will help.
Easiest Way to Download YouTube Transcript as Plain Text

Lejeboca

@mrchibbs and all, I think that this is a good idea what @mrchibbs did: to post "coming soon" teasers in Audio transcripts ! Mainly, so that people do not step on others' toes by duplicating the transcribing of the same interview. (You see, I envision a rush of transcribers :): .)

Lejeboca

I am just curious: is it still worth the time to do transcribing for the RP forum since automatic transcripts and time stampting are the tools use by all?

Gerard1989

Q: I really like your information about progesterone being an anti-androgen. How would a man use this if he were balding, for instance, and would you remark on when you see thinning of the hair in both men and women and what that relates to?

RP: About 35 years ago, I had been experimenting with the oil dissolved progesterone. A bald man in his 30's asked me for any suggestions. I suggested rubbing some of this oil progesterone on his scalp. He came back two or three weeks later with fuzz on his head and was all enthusiastic about it and started telling his friends. I sort of discouraged the use of it because if a man puts on too much progesterone, it has anti-testosterone effects. If a man isn't expecting it and is willing to stop using it or adjust the dose, it might make him think he is losing his virility. Occasionally, I would mention it to a man, but for about 30 years I avoided talking about it because so many men were just obsessed with the idea of growing hair. And explaining what it does to their testosterone was too involved.

Does anyone know of any similar quotes from Ray Peat where he mentions specifically the dosage of Progesterone that was used to regrow hair? I am not sure if I am reading this correctly, but it sounds like he is gesturing towards using a high dose in order to achieve regrowth which would also entail having to deal with some of the side-effects of reduced Testosterone production.