What Coffee To Buy?

connorj123

any coffee on amazon.co.uk any one recommends? should i be buying " bullet proof " coffee orrr ... any particular brand? anything in particular to watch out for?

thank u

Experienced

any coffee on amazon.co.uk any one recommends? should i be buying " bullet proof " coffee orrr ... any particular brand? anything in particular to watch out for?

thank u
Try to find Fresh Roasted beans coffee and see yourself how the change is worth it. For example Illy has nice coffee and also often Fresh roasted like a month old but it's with air stored so nothing will happen and it lasts very long.

Also maybe places like coffee subscriptions are worth it in your country idk? It doesn't matter tbh try to drink your coffee black.

There is nothing to watch out for just do your own thing what do you like the most of drinking coffee ?

What type of coffee do you prefer drip, espresso , idk ? Lmao just your own stuff there is no restrictions when drinking coffee . Also don't drink coffee on an empty stomach and drink it after food.

Peater Piper

I'm lazy and have been drinking Nescafe Taster's Choice Instant Coffee for the past couple of years, the French and Colombian flavors. They're freeze dried rather than chemical dried and taste okay. Haven't had any problems. You can really go wild with coffee if you have the time and money, the options in beans, roasts, and preparation are endless. For health purposes, just about any kind of coffee seems to suffice.

scoobydoo

Honestly I love Kion Coffee
It’s 3rd party rested for mycotoxins which is the main reason I bought from them

For real though? Does coffee have those sort of problems?

Probably not. Dave Asprey came up with this idea to sell his Bulletproof coffee. He connected coffee contamination with the symptoms people sometimes get from drinking coffee: jitteriness, a crash, headaches, etc. I think people get those symptoms because they aren't having coffee with adequate protein and carbs.

Otherwise, I think his system of coffee selection is pretty sound: single origin, high altitude.

Masterjohn talks about getting more niacin from dark roasts.

Ideally, you use your beans within 7 days of the roasting. This is approaching diminishing returns, though.

So these are some qualities to look for when buying coffee beans.

Grapelander

Get high altitude grown. Robusta beans have the most caffeine; Arabica beans if you are drinking for taste.

Experienced

Probably not. Dave Asprey came up with this idea to sell his Bulletproof coffee. He connected coffee contamination with the symptoms people sometimes get from drinking coffee: jitteriness, a crash, headaches, etc. I think people get those symptoms because they aren't having coffee with adequate protein and carbs.

Otherwise, I think his system of coffee selection is pretty sound: single origin, high altitude.

Masterjohn talks about getting more niacin from dark roasts.

Ideally, you use your beans within 7 days of the roasting. This is approaching diminishing returns, though.

So these are some qualities to look for when buying coffee beans.
I've drank coffee that was roasted 1 day ago. So that was the best coffee ever in my life. Also Illy makes outstanding good coffee.

I've drank coffee that was roasted 1 day ago. So that was the best coffee ever in my life. Also Illy makes outstanding good coffee.

My roommate gets Illy and he loves it. I tried it, but preferred the Starbucks beans that my brother gets me. It's possible that America gets lower quality Illy. Lavazza is also popular in Europe.

Experienced

My roommate gets Illy and he loves it. I tried it, but preferred the Starbucks beans that my brother gets me. It's possible that America gets lower quality Illy. Lavazza is also popular in Europe.
I think that illy is worldwide same. Idk maybe you had an old batch? I had a batch from february 2020 roasted. And it tastes great.

johnsmith

I accidentally just bough espresso beans. Can I still make my coffee with them? Is there a difference?

Experienced

I accidentally just bough espresso beans. Can I still make my coffee with them? Is there a difference?
Espresso beans is for Fully automatic machines and normal coffee beans are just regular it doesn't matter tho also espresso beans are a bit stronger than regular ones.

johnsmith

Espresso beans is for Fully automatic machines and normal coffee beans are just regular it doesn't matter tho also espresso beans are a bit stronger than regular ones.
I only make pour over coffee. Do you mean expresso beans are stronger taste wise or caffiene content wise? Expresso beans look smaller in size. I just tried my first cup of coffee that was made using expresso beans; it tastes a bit different, definitely not bad though.

Experienced

I only make pour over coffee. Do you mean expresso beans are stronger taste wise or caffiene content wise? Expresso beans look smaller in size. I just tried my first cup of coffee that was made using expresso beans; it tastes a bit different, definitely not bad though.
It's fine I guess maybe pourover beans are washed beans and Espresso beans are most likely normal beans I don't know what the difference is but pourover coffees are most likely high altitude beans that are tasting fruity and good hints aromas etc and espresso are most likely strong tasting and bitter a bit but not disturbingly bitter.

Experienced

Also try buying from a local roaster and always keep experimenting when drinking coffee. I Luckily enough live in The Netherlands and there is a lot of local roasters that are amazing for example

https://giraffecoffee.com/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals