Woman Dies From Eating Raw Oysters

tara

I think you should get thrown off this forum for your " lesbian " remark . WTF.
Hi. If you want to draw a post you find objectionable to Charlie's attention, you can use the 'Report' link on the post. Otherwise he may either miss it or assume people are mostly OK with the content.

EndAllDisease

In today's world, if you've heard it on the mainstream news, there's a really good chance it's completely fabricated and the event never actually happened.

And of course anytime that same 'news' involves terminology designed to frighten like 'flesh eating bacteria', which is an alleged invisible terrorist microorganism that spends its time attacking human beings, the chances of it being a lie are compounded.

It's pretty clear governments of the world are pushing plant based diets, because it makes the people of this world easier to control. In order to move people away from the healthy foods like seafood, grass-fed meats, eggs, etc, they have to come up with some way to scare people away from the healthy ones. This media report you've posted is probably one of many in a series of tactics.

D

danishispsychic

Hi. If you want to draw a post you find objectionable to Charlie's attention, you can use the 'Report' link on the post. Otherwise he may either miss it or assume people are mostly OK with the content.
yes, i already did that. :)

EndAllDisease

I'll take the risk but thanks
Ditto

It wasn't even actual flesh eating bacteria, lol
That's what the report said lol
The purpose of bacteria is decomposition as I understand it, so the only way bacteria would eat somebody's flesh is if a person was dead. The whole concept of 'flesh eating bacteria' and the fact that people believe that is beyond me. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the lack of questioning I see from people in this world.

tara

This looked reasonable to me:
Risks of Eating Raw Oysters or Clams - ISSC

Most people will not be susceptible to that particular bacteria. If weakened the risk is higher, and cooking thoroughly kills it.

There are other undesirable infections transmissible by raw shellfish.

Personally, I cook shellfish. Your own risk tolerance is yours to decide.

lvysaur

Just as an aside, lesbians are known to have higher than average progesterone. I don't know about other sexual minorities.

lvysaur

what?????
I can't find a good source right now, but I've seen multiple sources documenting it in both rats and humans. Apparently it's also true for gays, I guess progesterone makes people more likely to be attracted to their own sex.

tara

I guess progesterone makes people more likely to be attracted to their own sex.
Or self-confident enough to be out?

Edit: I wasn't being serious - I don't think such choices can be reduced to hormones, and I don't think it's likely to be very useful to try. That is, I think my hypothesis above is just as reasonable as the one it comments on, which is not at all.

Assuming or speculating about the reasons for complete stranger's choices of spouse or partner doesn't strike me as leading anywhere fruitful. (This is not just aimed at you, but a lot of comments on the subject in this and other threads. )

Last edited:

miki14

I can't find a good source right now, but I've seen multiple sources documenting it in both rats and humans. Apparently it's also true for gays, I guess progesterone makes people more likely to be attracted to their own sex.

I have read that lesbians have higher estrogen and testosterone! There are also butch & lipstick lesbians, may be their expression is driven by a different hormonal status. I had a lesbian coworker and she was super strong and agressive but presented very feminine and she had huge milk bags, which seems to be typical for butch lesbians and a sign of high estrogen.

cyclops

I think it would be preferable to eat any seafood including oysters raw because cooking would cause oxidization of the PUFA. But at the same time I dont know if the oysters contain anything that needs to be killed, so I always cook them.

Last edited:

sladerunner69

I totally agree. Anyone harboring insincere opinions that pose even the smallest potential of slightly offending someone's over sensitive feelings (or insecurities, rather) should be immediately banned from a public forum- WITHOUT DISCRETION OR COUNCIL!!!

Wait, nevermind. On second thought, that's silly.

Don't eat them raw? Sure I've heard Peat say he knew people that got hepatitis from raw seafood.
raw oysters are so good though

way way tastier than canned and seems intuitively good for you

i think the problem has a lot to do with farmed seafood and pollution in wild caught seafood increasing the rates of disease.

T

TheBeard

Is this a concern for people eating canned oysters? The woman in question developed a flesh-eating disease after consuming more than two dozen raw oysters - FDA claims that consuming with alcohol or hot sauce reduces the chances of this happening, which is not reassuring.

Woman dies after contracting flesh-eating bacteria from oysters

The oysters had either to have been frozen before or treated in some way for her to die.
No one ever died from true raw fresh food, whether it be raw milk, raw meat, raw oysters.

I regularly eat meat that's been sitting on my balcony for the past 2 month and a half.
It looks grey, blue, with a white fur coat on top, and tastes like blue cheese.
Never felt the slightest illness once.

Why? It was fresh, never frozen never treated.

tara

No one ever died from true raw fresh food, whether it be raw milk, raw meat, raw oysters.
That sounds like it was probably someone's famous last works.
Along with 'don't worry about unplugging the toaster, I'll be done in a ji'

so the only way bacteria would eat somebody's flesh is if a person was dead
You're aware that necrotising fasciitis is a thing, right? Eg from MRSA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals