The Most Androgenic Pepper EVER

firebreather

Well I got some. They are what I would call medium on the spice chart but I like hot stuff. Unfortunately I haven't noticed anything from consuming anywhere between 5 and 15 of these little things

Hairfedup

This is really interesting. I know grains of paradise are used extensively in certain West African cuisine(as they originate there). There are loads of sellers on Amazon...and most cities have African grocers. Where I'm at has hundreds. Lol. seem reputable...how come another user said its hard to get hold of?

Last edited:
OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Well I got some. They are what I would call medium on the spice chart but I like hot stuff. Unfortunately I haven't noticed anything from consuming anywhere between 5 and 15 of these little things
Give it a few days. I hope you sourced the legitimate type. Can you upload a photo here of the one's you have?

firebreather

Give it a few days. I hope you sourced the legitimate type. Can you upload a photo here of the one's you have?

When I get home tomorrow I will take a pic and upload. Did I understand you correctly that you only use 5 of the single peppers at a time? They are pretty small

Constatine

You don't need this specific pepper if its hard to find. All spicy peppers are androgenic both directly via the androgen receptor and via increasing testosterone. Effects of capsaicin on testis ghrelin expression in mice. - PubMed - NCBI, Capsaicin, a component of red peppers, induces expression of androgen receptor via PI3K and MAPK pathways in prostate LNCaP cells. - PubMed - NCBI. In the first study the rats testosterone rose to 947 ng/dl with a single rat reaching 1200 ng/dl. This is just capsaicin, the compound responsible for the hotness of peppers. So any hot pepper will do. If you have low blood pressure, go easy on the super spicy stuff as capsaicin lowers blood pressure quite a lot as well.

Edit: I assumed that the grains of paradise was an actual spicy pepper, my bad. Anyhow I'm keeping this up just to advertise the androgenic effects of spicy peppers.

Last edited:

vulture

You don't need this specific pepper if its hard to find. All spicy peppers are androgenic both directly via the androgen receptor and via increasing testosterone. Effects of capsaicin on testis ghrelin expression in mice. - PubMed - NCBI, Capsaicin, a component of red peppers, induces expression of androgen receptor via PI3K and MAPK pathways in prostate LNCaP cells. - PubMed - NCBI. In the first study the rats testosterone rose to 947 ng/dl with a single rat reaching 1200 ng/dl. This is just capsaicin, the compound responsible for the hotness of peppers. So any hot pepper will do. If you have low blood pressure, go easy on the super spicy stuff as capsaicin lowers blood pressure quite a lot as well.

Edit: I assumed that the grains of paradise was an actual spicy pepper, my bad. Anyhow I'm keeping this up just to advertise the androgenic effects of spicy peppers.
AFAIK capsaicin isn't pretty Peaty...I didn't know it was so androgenic

Elephanto

This is shown at 50uM. Many androgenic substances can have an anti-androgenic effect at unrealistically high doses (an essential mineral like Zinc for instance).
In mice given a bolus dose of 10 mg/kg capsaicin—far higher than humans could be expected to use—the peak serum concentration was about 3 µM

Last edited:

Teres

@Elephanto I appreciate the clarification. Not for the first time I'm being convinced that reading an abstract only can often be misleading.