Ray Peat Interview Ray Peat On The Coronavirus, Immunity, & Vaccines 2020-03-18

Lilac

I came across a couple of tweets/videos pushing back on the panic. Something to think about.

This Youtuber has been walking around New York, observing, and asking questions:

Here's his Twitter feed, which you can skim for a sense of his take:
CrowdsourcetheTruth (@csthetruth) | Twitter

LucyL

I didn't know this. After reading @Regina 's bleak description of Chicago and now this imagery, combined with this negative aatmosphere in my city (also got an emergency extreme alert like Chicago) I'm scared of getting nightmares. Doesn't help that I've gotten dark supernatural images in my head lately. Sounds childish I know but I think I'm going to try to sleep as little as I can tonight...

I think all this is starting to mess with my head...

Probably hospitals are getting overwhelmed, but how much so because everybody thinks every little illness now is COVID-19? If anyone remember AIDS in the 80s, everything was a symptom and everyone was scared to death. Similarly with Anorexia Nervosa, I remember reading how it spread like wildfire in Japan, after a few newspaper articles came out detailing cases in America. Of course it is impossible in modeling to separate the anxiety driven hypochondria from the real thing, perhaps especially when dealing with a coronavirus that no one really know how long it has been around. For example, a few weeks ago a respected epidemiologist in MN said the virus was already 4 generations deep in MN society and MN is just getting around to going on lockdown today.

thomas00

RONJgcj.gif

Lol

thomas00

I was out walking and somebody yelled at me. Righto.

Went to a medical centre. Receptionist snaps at me to leave and use hand sanitizer and come back in. Don't touch the counter, stand behind the tape on the carpet. Do you have a cough? Where have you been?

Ffs they've all gone nuts. Everybody has germophobia and feels the right to police others.

Tonnes of people walking around the shops in those ridiculous masks, regardless of how many times doctors have appeared in the media telling them they are absolutely pointless.

Still shortages of basic items in the supermarkets due to idiotic panic buying. It's tiring.

RealNeat

Probably hospitals are getting overwhelmed, but how much so because everybody thinks every little illness now is COVID-19? If anyone remember AIDS in the 80s, everything was a symptom and everyone was scared to death. Similarly with Anorexia Nervosa, I remember reading how it spread like wildfire in Japan, after a few newspaper articles came out detailing cases in America. Of course it is impossible in modeling to separate the anxiety driven hypochondria from the real thing, perhaps especially when dealing with a coronavirus that no one really know how long it has been around. For example, a few weeks ago a respected epidemiologist in MN said the virus was already 4 generations deep in MN society and MN is just getting around to going on lockdown today.
who is the epidemiologist im in MN?

Hugh Johnson

Today’s census shows the three hospitals have 292 fewer patients than they did three weeks ago.

The hospitals currently have 447 patients in medical-surgical beds used for routine care and 75 patients in intensive care and critical care beds, according to the Hospital Executive Council. Three weeks ago, the three hospitals had 704 patients in medical surgical beds and 110 in intensive care and critical care beds.​

Syracuse hospitals have 300 empty beds, despite coronavirus surge

Four days after its opening, the larger Leishenshan hospital had only 90 patients, on wards designed for 1,600, but was reporting no spare beds, Wuhan city health data, first reported by the Chinese magazine Caixin, showed. The other facility, Huoshenshan, had not yet filled its 1,000 beds a week after opening.​

What China’s empty new coronavirus hospitals say about its secretive system

Which hospitals? I keep reading people claiming the hospitals are overrun. All I find is normal utilization.

Jem Oz

This.

You can never underestimate the power of psychology and unconscious motivations. The whole thing actually reminds me of the Dancing Plague of 1518. Society has always been much more superstitious and vulernable to hysteria than it lets on. All the more so during this age of apparent rationality and science.

When this is all over (and god I'm praying it doesn't end in forced vaccinations, cos I'll have to upend my life and go on the lam, or to jail), people will marvel at the mass hysteria and pick over its bones for decades.

Nighteyes

This.

You can never underestimate the power of psychology and unconscious motivations. The whole thing actually reminds me of the Dancing Plague of 1518. Society has always been much more superstitious and vulernable to hysteria than it lets on. All the more so during this age of apparent rationality and science.

When this is all over (and god I'm praying it doesn't end in forced vaccinations, cos I'll have to upend my life and go on the lam, or to jail), people will marvel at the mass hysteria and pick over its bones for decades.

Aint that the truth. People are absolutely losing their ***t these days. Turning on each other. I got yelled at by a woman at the shop because I walked too close to her. It must be horrible to live in fear like that. I’d rather get any virus than live a life in fear.. as a danish citizen I really hope the forced vaccinations do not become a reality. I am absolutely astonished that they even got that law passed. Making my preparations to disappear into the woods incase they ever try to force that ***t on everyone.. shitty times indeed..

thomas00

Suicides are going to go through the roof.

Once the extent of the economic damage is apparent, many will shift from fear and anxiety to hopelessness.

RealNeat

He really said that? I just listened to his latest podcast with Peter Attia and he says 1,000,000 people could die and just keeps emphasizing the shortages of everything and the supply chains.

LucyL

He really said that? I just listened to his latest podcast with Peter Attia and he says 1,000,000 people could die and just keeps emphasizing the shortages of everything and the supply chains.

I don't remember what video it was- he's done a ton, but he said this March 10 in an interview for CNN
Look at the situation in Seattle. There was a case that was detected in January when upon return from China an individual became ill. This person was put in isolation, but not before he had been in the community. Nonetheless our response to this case this largely considered a great success in terms of stopping ongoing transmission. As we now know, at least one of the patients who was tested in Seattle, another individual six weeks later, was infected with the same strain. It’s likely that original virus introduction into the Seattle area did occur with this January case, meaning that there had to be at least six or seven generations of transmission between the time that the individual first arrived in the United States from China back in January and this new case. So, we’ve had ongoing transmission in this country for weeks.
He's interesting, I haven't seen him being in favor of total lockdown, even as he may be too high in his death estimates.

Marvel

btw: the interview with David Icke that Dr Peat cited is here.
For the forum members that do not think talk of financial implications belongs on this forum, the polictics and financial dynamics are part of the perceive, think, act.
btw: I just got a blasting EMERGENCY ALERT to my phone: Lakefronts and parks are shutdown. Stay Home or be arrested.

Is Peat exercising his sense of humour here? He said something like "usually I think David Icke is a bit crazy but here I agree with pretty much everything apart from the anti sugar stuff".

I kinda took this to mean that Icke is sort of *figuratively* right in this interview. Do forum members think Peat thinks that the world is really run by a cult and everything here is being done on purpose?

Inaut

I was out walking and somebody yelled at me. Righto.

Went to a medical centre. Receptionist snaps at me to leave and use hand sanitizer and come back in. Don't touch the counter, stand behind the tape on the carpet. Do you have a cough? Where have you been?

Ffs they've all gone nuts. Everybody has germophobia and feels the right to police others.

Tonnes of people walking around the shops in those ridiculous masks, regardless of how many times doctors have appeared in the media telling them they are absolutely pointless.

Still shortages of basic items in the supermarkets due to idiotic panic buying. It's tiring.

I was leaving my condo building this afternoon and a woman was speaking with the concierge at a 9 foot distance in the lobby while blocking the entrance/exit door. Me and my girl just continued walking towards the door hoping she would use her common sense and move out of the way, especially if she was concerned about contracting airborne HIV .....yet she didn’t move. Instead she stood in position and had to inquire if we were going that way.... She then proceeded to say how we weren’t following the guidelines. At that point I was very close to losing it on her. It blows my mind how insane/full retard people have become. Who stands in front of a door to begin with?????!

I wish the nut jobs would just hunker down for the remainder of this “pandemic” and not interact with anybody but the television and their pets. Hopefully the have enough food to get them through this nuclear fallout

J

jb116

I was leaving my condo building this afternoon and a woman was speaking with the concierge at a 9 foot distance in the lobby while blocking the entrance/exit door. Me and my girl just continued walking towards the door hoping she would use her common sense and move out of the way, especially if she was concerned about contracting airborne HIV .....yet she didn’t move. Instead she stood in position and had to inquire if we were going that way.... She then proceeded to say how we weren’t following the guidelines. At that point I was very close to losing it on her. It blows my mind how insane/full retard people have become. Who stands in front of a door to begin with?????!

I wish the nut jobs would just hunker down for the remainder of this “pandemic” and not interact with anybody but the television and their pets. Hopefully the have enough food to get them through this nuclear fallout
:hilarious:
I'm still working and in NYC almost every day. You described almost everyone I encounter!

Regina

Is Peat exercising his sense of humour here? He said something like "usually I think David Icke is a bit crazy but here I agree with pretty much everything apart from the anti sugar stuff".

I kinda took this to mean that Icke is sort of *figuratively* right in this interview. Do forum members think Peat thinks that the world is really run by a cult and everything here is being done on purpose?
He mentioned the Icke video in two different interviews.

LUH 3417

The new executive orders on health care workers are similar to Nazi germanys labor laws of precariously placing workers anywhere and paying them whatever wage, taking away vacation time and paid time off, violating basic rights

theLaw

This was discussed on another thread:

Ray Peat Interview - 03/30/2020 - COVID-19, Losartan, Sugar, Methylene Blue & More, Q&A - Dr Ray Peat