Redness On Face

BNH345521

About 7-8 years ago I started noticing my face getting red naturally. My fiance is a big ray peat follower, and has introduced me. I never had this problem. It kind of looks like my face is always sunburnt. My pores are also enlarged, not sure if this is related. I went to the dermatologist, tried different face washes, lotions, coconut oil, nothing seems to be helping or clearing my skin. Also my skin is dry and it is sometimes itchy. It is also hot to the touch at some points and when I do rub anything on my face, the redness gets worse.

Has anyone had this issue before? What can I do to fix this? Could it be something internally? I just want to feel natural without having to put on makeup all the time.

meatbag

About 7-8 years ago I started noticing my face getting red naturally. My fiance is a big ray peat follower, and has introduced me. I never had this problem. It kind of looks like my face is always sunburnt. My pores are also enlarged, not sure if this is related. I went to the dermatologist, tried different face washes, lotions, coconut oil, nothing seems to be helping or clearing my skin. Also my skin is dry and it is sometimes itchy. It is also hot to the touch at some points and when I do rub anything on my face, the redness gets worse.

Has anyone had this issue before? What can I do to fix this? Could it be something internally? I just want to feel natural without having to put on makeup all the time.

I think B2 was mentioned in a few of the podcasts I listened too, but those were people that drank a lot of alcohol. Could try milk and liver I guess.

Topical niacinamide seems to get rid of redness for me personally
->Topical niacinamide reduces yellowing, wrinkling, red blotchiness, and hyperpigmented spots in aging facial skin
pulled from here : SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

Rosacea? Lupus?

S.Seneff

You have too much testoterone. Feminism has some consequencies ! [It is a joke !]

teds

Forum Supporter
I logged into the forum to search this. I've always had a "rosy face" and high blush propensity. Lately though it seems to have accelerated significantly. Is this NO? It's genuinely warm to touch. Feels great to place a cold face wash on it- temporary fix obviously.

Anyone else want to chime in?

For the record, I don't have large pores. In fact, I generally have good skin- people compliment me on my complexion as a general rule..

isolating by myself. trying to exercise daily and go for long walks. Diet hasn't altered too much except I started using casein about 2 months ago and i also started taking liver capsules (by Saturee)- just to try them- i usually eat beef liver ever 2-3weeks. i use progest-e and have done for about 18months.

thoughts? comments?

teds

Forum Supporter
Attaching a pic for reference

Attachments

• IMG_3015.jpg
    IMG_3015.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 100

saene

My mother had this issue and felt it was an over estrogen/serotonin problem which improved with progestE and cyproheptidine, and I think maybe some aspirin. Hope that helps, good luck!

teds

Forum Supporter
i take aspirin pretty regularly.. cypro :hearteyes: but i do feel quite dopey the following day so i only take it if i'm ready to do absolutely nothing the following day..

i've tried putting estro-ban on it without any change too...

Scenes

Methylene blue (Oxidal) and b2 are both things that help my red face. Things that irritate the intestine make it worse, including vitamin e.

Yggr

Out of interest, what sort of doses of vitamin B2 have given relief for the redness? Thank you in advance.

teds

Forum Supporter
just wanted to write an update- my skin is much less irritated and red. Changes: a little less starch. I still go potatoes and sweet potatoes etc but much less white rice and more simple sugars from fruit. I certainly didn't feel any digestive ill-effect from rice but i've cut it down to once per fortnight and i think it's made a difference to the skin for sure. I've also started taking a small amount of thyroid.. i've been at this for quite a few years so decided to finally pull out the big guns.. i've been nervous to sup thyroid but it seems to be going okay a month or so on.. hope that helps anyone who comes across this thread.

Recoen

just wanted to write an update- my skin is much less irritated and red. Changes: a little less starch. I still go potatoes and sweet potatoes etc but much less white rice and more simple sugars from fruit. I certainly didn't feel any digestive ill-effect from rice but i've cut it down to once per fortnight and i think it's made a difference to the skin for sure. I've also started taking a small amount of thyroid.. i've been at this for quite a few years so decided to finally pull out the big guns.. i've been nervous to sup thyroid but it seems to be going okay a month or so on.. hope that helps anyone who comes across this thread.
Did these help with enlarged pores that are “clogged” too?

teds

Forum Supporter
Did these help with enlarged pores that are “clogged” too?
I didn’t really have pore issues sorry!

have you tried the whole aspirin thing?

I use lactic acid on my face (I know I know- v un-peaty) and it does make it very smooth!

Recoen

I didn’t really have pore issues sorry!

have you tried the whole aspirin thing?

I use lactic acid on my face (I know I know- v un-peaty) and it does make it very smooth!
Salicylates cause me to have reactive hypoglycemia so I haven’t given aspirin a try yet. I’m pretty sure phase II, glucuronidation specifically, is a major factor in why. I’m trying to address that then will look into aspirin.
Thanks for the suggestion!

teds

Forum Supporter
A
Salicylates cause me to have reactive hypoglycemia so I haven’t given aspirin a try yet. I’m pretty sure phase II, glucuronidation specifically, is a major factor in why. I’m trying to address that then will look into aspirin.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Cool- also, the amount used topically may not effect your blood glucose as much.. good luck!

meatbag

Did you get any relief from niacinamide or riboflavin?
Rosacea, inflammation, and aging: The inefficiency of stress

Dr Ray Peat On Causes Of Rosacea

"Things that cause inflammation, such as bacterial endotoxin, stimulate the defensive formation of proteases and cathelicidin, so it doesn't seem productive to say that "too much" of those defensive proteins is the cause of rosacea. Isn't it a little like saying that pus is the cause of boils?

Nutritional deficiencies lead to excessive exposure to endotoxin and nitric oxide, and the associated factors that cause vascular leakiness, vasodilation, angiogenesis, stimulation of fibroblast growth and collagen production. Medical people who are willing to talk about the antiinflammatory action of antibiotics seem to be unaware of the antiinflammatory effects of many simple essential nutrients, such as niacinamide, riboflavin, and glycine, or of the natural antiinflammatory hormones that are consistently deficient in the inflammatory-"autoimmune" diseases."

Lyla

I second meatbags suggestion on niacinamide. Topical and/or oral. Just a small dose daily for a few weeks has helped me.

B

Blaze

Excess serotonin production very often causes this and is usually caused by diet and/or bowel inflammation or certain medications or in very rare cases - an underlying medical issue. Topical applications may help alleviate the obvious symptom. But, I don't believe anything applied (topical) will completely help you with redness caused by seratonin excess, so if you take niacinamide , ingest it. The cause must be addressed instead and is usually dealt with by finding out what is inflaming the gut and overproducing serotonin. Also, in addition to foods that inflame the gut, excess dietary tryptophan causes issues like this in some sensitive individuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals