Why Does Ray Think Its Ok To Take Extremely Large Doses Of Pregnenolone?

cyclops

Ray has mentioned quite a few times that he once bought a kilogram of pregnenolone and went through it in a year, basically eating like 3-4 grams per day. He said he felt good and had no side effects. I think he would still take pregnenolone today if he had a product he really liked.

But my question is how come he thinks this would be a good idea? Pregnenolone can only be converted to Progesterone and/or DHEA, and the amounts of those that he suggests are minuscule in comparison. Ive heard him say men can try 10-20 milligrams of progesterone and maybe 10-15 milligrams of DHEA at the absolute most because any more then that is unphysiological.

So if Pregnenolone converts to Progesterone and/or DHEA and he was eating 3-4 GRAMS per day, wouldn't that mean he is getting way, way more Progesterone and/or DHEA then he would think is safe and would normally recommend?

Kunstruct

What is the mechanism through which Pregnenolone only converts to Progesterone and DHEA? Why for example does not go into Cortisol? And if it converts to DHEA why doesn't it go further to E2?
I mean as an exogenous hormone, since clearly we are not talking about your own endogenous pregnenolone.

Gone Peating

A lot of it will get converted to allopregnenolone, a little to progesterone and dhea, and most of it will just remain pregnenolone and get safely eliminated by the body. That’s how I understand it... not sure if it’s right tho

OP
cyclops

cyclops

What is the mechanism through which Pregnenolone only converts to Progesterone and DHEA? Why for example does not go into Cortisol? And if it converts to DHEA why doesn't it go further to E2?
I mean as an exogenous hormone, since clearly we are not talking about your own endogenous pregnenolone.

I dont know if it will eventually go to cortisol, but either way it has to go to Progesterone or DHEA first. At least this is what I gather from looking at steroid conversion charts - Pregnenolone has two arrows out from it to either Progesterone or DHEA.

*Actually im wrong it either goes to Progesterone or Hydroxypregnenolone. I alway thought it was Progesterone or DHEA, glad I learned that. Maybe that has something to do with it.

If.

Does not mean it will be converted. The body knows what it is doing.

A lot of it will get converted to allopregnenolone, a little to progesterone and dhea, and most of it will just remain pregnenolone and get safely eliminated by the body. That’s how I understand it... not sure if it’s right tho

Well I guess this is the answer then. I was under the assumption that pregnenolone's only purpose was to get converted to more downstream hormones. I did not know it could just stay as pregnenolone and served a purpose in itself.

lampofred

I think Dr. Peat said that it only converts to other hormones if there is an imbalance that needs to be fixed. If everything is balanced and working well it doesn't do anything.

Beastmode

Ray has mentioned quite a few times that he once bought a kilogram of pregnenolone and went through it in a year, basically eating like 3-4 grams per day. He said he felt good and had no side effects. I think he would still take pregnenolone today if he had a product he really liked.

But my question is how come he thinks this would be a good idea? Pregnenolone can only be converted to Progesterone and/or DHEA, and the amounts of those that he suggests are minuscule in comparison. Ive heard him say men can try 10-20 milligrams of progesterone and maybe 10-15 milligrams of DHEA at the absolute most because any more then that is unphysiological.

So if Pregnenolone converts to Progesterone and/or DHEA and he was eating 3-4 GRAMS per day, wouldn't that mean he is getting way, way more Progesterone and/or DHEA then he would think is safe and would normally recommend?

I think a big consideration is when Ray was doing this, he saw where it was produced and was happy with the quality of it.

What benefits do you feel you get from it specifically? Or, if you were to stop suddenly how do feel?

at this point I take it as an intellectual exercise. I am taking meteroline and small amounts of exemestane and I take it to maintain sufficient downstream hormones. I don't notice anything.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

at this point I take it as an intellectual exercise. I am taking meteroline and small amounts of exemestane and I take it to maintain sufficient downstream hormones. I don't notice anything.

Yeah I dont really feel much from that dose either. One time I took a large dose (I think it was like 4 grams) after I heard Ray say it was cool and I got a great feeling of intense happy euphoria, but I wasn't able to repeat the feeling with the same dose a couple days later. That was about 6 months ago, maybe I'll try again soon.

Melba

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't pregnenolone an estrogen antagonist ?
If one is deficient in estrogen then large doses of pregnenolone would have an adverse effect on hormone levels and general health.

I ask because I am deficient in estrogen and have recently started using a phytoestrogen cream to maybe increase my levels of estrogen but have no idea about pregnenolone levels or if that to should be supplemented too.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I wouldn't be surprised if it is an estrogen antagonist as most everything Ray supports is. If you are truly deficient in estrogen then I could see many ray supplements being potentially problematic. But if you told Ray you were estrogen deficient I wouldn't be surprised if he sees it differently somehow.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Took 2 grams of preg earlier today just as an experiment and I felt absolutely no difference in anything!

OP
cyclops

cyclops

You know someone might say it is fake pregnenolone.

Doubt it, because its the same one I felt euphoria from when I took 4 grams a while back. I just think I might be "topped off" now or something.

sladerunner69

It has to go to progesterone before 5-ar can convert it to allopregnenelone. Unfortunately for us guys with PFS, therein lies the rub.

stackz07

Doubt it, because its the same one I felt euphoria from when I took 4 grams a while back. I just think I might be "topped off" now or something.
This could easily be a diluted product, some of your doses contain a large amount of what you paid for while others contain very little. SUPER common within the supplement industries. I only buy from ideaslab and nootropicsdepot for this reason alone.