Does Your Liver Have Insulin Resistance? | Solving Hepatic Insulin Resistance And Glycogen Issues

milkboi

Yet another awesome video by Tim Berzins from Amplified Vitaly!

He proposes a diet low in liver substrates (alcohol, fructose, fat; i.e. starch and lean meats) for a few weeks to heal and lean up the liver.

2 question which I already asked in the comments below the video, but I hope to get good answers to:

1. Can I combine this diet with TUDCA and milk thistle to maximize liver healing or would that be counterproductive in any way?
2. Can I still drink skim milk, or will the lactase also be a substrate that is to be avoid when doing this intervention?

Thanks, and enjoy!

shine

It is basically what I mostly eat. White rice and lean chicken/beef.
I also take TUDCA, glycine and taurine and my liver is healthier than it has been for the past 4 years. Had GGT above 300 and it is back to normal values.

I recently re-introduced Jiaogulan tea into my regimen, it has an insulin resistance lowering effect and helps with cleansing the liver.
https://goldenoceantea.com.au/health-benefits-jiaogulan/

OP
milkboi

milkboi

I also take TUDCA, glycine and taurine and my liver is healthier than it has been for the past 4 years. Had GGT above 300 and it is back to normal values.

I recently re-introduced Jiaogulan tea into my regimen, it has an insulin resistance lowering effect and helps with cleansing the liver.

Cool, thanks :): What do you do about getting in minerals?

shine

That's not all that I eat, just what I eat the most of, my staple foods. I eat 300g of white rice, 600g of meat. I also eat 400g of steamed mixed vegetables daily (zucchini, orange and yellow carrots, broccoli, cocktail tomatoes). To get in calcium and more potassium I drink a liter of low-fat goat milk daily.
Since my liver health is good now and I can tolerate fat I eat about 50g of 85% dark chocolate, which also provides me with a good amount of potassium and magnesium.
I also added in some fruit again, bananas, mangos and apples, one of each daily.

When my liver health was still bad I was just eating white rice, meat and higher amounts of vegetables for minerals.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

That's not all that I eat, just what I eat the most of, my staple foods. I eat 300g of white rice, 600g of meat. I also eat 400g of steamed mixed vegetables daily (zucchini, orange and yellow carrots, broccoli, cocktail tomatoes). To get in calcium and more potassium I drink a liter of low-fat goat milk daily.
Since my liver health is good now and I can tolerate fat I eat about 50g of 85% dark chocolate, which also provides me with a good amount of potassium and magnesium.
I also added in some fruit again, bananas, mangos and apples, one of each daily.

When my liver health was still bad I was just eating white rice, meat and higher amounts of vegetables for minerals.

Cool :cool: I don‘t usually f with vegetable, because I ate too much of them during my keto times, and it literally destroyed my gut. Also the antinutrients... but I might do a soup a la @Runenight201 with spinach, bone broth, rice noodles and potatoes and some lean meat. That must be pretty digestible.

Did you notice any significant health improvements due to a healthier liver?

Runenight201

Cool :cool: I don‘t usually f with vegetable, because I ate too much of them during my keto times, and it literally destroyed my gut. Also the antinutrients... but I might do a soup a la @Runenight201 with spinach, bone broth, rice noodles and potatoes and some lean meat. That must be pretty digestible.

I would also recommend experimenting with adding tomatoes and lime/lemon juice to the soup.

Angel45

How long did it take for your liver to heal? This video is suggesting a couple of weeks

Hans

Forum Supporter
How long did it take for your liver to heal? This video is suggesting a couple of weeks
This study shows that by dropping sugar and replacing it with glucose can reduce liver fat content by 37% in just 10 days, so I think it can get lean rather fast. Healing from damage might take a bit longer, but eliminating all the causes can speed it up greatly.

shine

It was more like a couple of months in my case. It hurt and was swollen and quite damaged so it took some time.

shine

Yeah, my sleep was really bad because I had glycogen issues and needed to eat something when waking up in the middle of the night. I can now sleep 8 hours uninterrupted.
My cognition is better, I don't feel fatigued anymore and I am generally more resistant to stressors.

Kvothe

Ahh, the good, old starch and lean meat diet. I once tried that for 6 months. Never felt worse in my life. Only two minutes in, and Mr. Amplified Vitality is already spouting nonsense. Basically everything he says is wrong and unsupported by evidence. Starch does not cause lower FFA or fasting insulin, and if you think that eating starch is going to make you sleep better try eating a high starch meal without fat as your last meal...I mean seriously, guys, we have heard this starch story over and over again...

"The heart can only use fat" :banghead:

This study shows that by dropping sugar and replacing it with glucose can reduce liver fat content by 37% in just 10 days, so I think it can get lean rather fast. Healing from damage might take a bit longer, but eliminating all the causes can speed it up greatly.

This "study" by Herr Lustig has already been taken apart, and is a piece of useless junk.

Last edited:

taralynne

Yet another awesome video by Tim Berzins from Amplified Vitaly!

He proposes a diet low in liver substrates (alcohol, fructose, fat; i.e. starch and lean meats) for a few weeks to heal and lean up the liver.

2 question which I already asked in the comments below the video, but I hope to get good answers to:

1. Can I combine this diet with TUDCA and milk thistle to maximize liver healing or would that be counterproductive in any way?
2. Can I still drink skim milk, or will the lactase also be a substrate that is to be avoid when doing this intervention?

Thanks, and enjoy!

Hi.... how did you make out with this diet for healing the liver? I recently watched Tim's video on hepatic insulin resistance and am thinking that may be the reason that adding juice & sugar to my diet resulted in a big increase in weight. Did following this improve insulin resistance and help with weight loss?

Hgreen56

Does skim milk something positive for reducing liver fat?
Molybdenum is important for liver detoxification and milk has some amount, but not sure if the sugars of other stuff in milk have positive or negative effects on the liver (if the goal is to reduce liver fat)

Hans

Forum Supporter
Does skim milk something positive for reducing liver fat?
Molybdenum is important for liver detoxification and milk has some amount, but not sure if the sugars of other stuff in milk have positive or negative effects on the liver (if the goal is to reduce liver fat)
It depends a great deal on your personal metabolic state if sugar will worsen fatty liver or not. But I'm pretty sure that when you're eating at maintenance calories, it won't promote fatty liver. And even if consumed in excess, it doesn't necessarily promote fatty liver to a great extent than glucose.
Milk is a good food yes and should help to lean the liver out, regardless if it's skim or not.

jet9

At 6:20 he says in video that low carb high fat diet is bad for liver and can cause fatty liver.
Does anyone saw studies backing this up?

All studies i see are saying the opposite.

I am anti keto, just against misinformation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom