How Much Aspirin In One Day

Godot

I use GeriCare 325mg aspirin with only starch in the tablet. I take 325 before bedtime. It dissolves on the roof of my mouth and I wash it down with spring water. Started yrs ago after a hip operation. I then take 650mg around 8-9am with coffee and 3 tablespoons of Great Lakes Gelatin in it. I eat spinach sometimes or take 1 drop of Thorne K2 every few days. I've taken up to 2 grams of aspirin a day with no problems.
I sleep so much better now. Less aches and pains (I'm 68)... I also take Carlson D, Borax, Swanson Real E (no soy from sunflower oil) Sari Foods non-fortified nutritional yeast flakes for a lot of B's and biotin, zinc, and selenium with low phosphate and 8 grams of protein every few days or so and I've never felt better. I also take baking soda. Not for everyone but works for me. Happy Thanksgiving to all

ntking51

@sladerunner69 do you think the K2 needs to be taken concurrently with Aspirin? I have started a recent experiment (8 days) of taking 2 x 325mg tablets with a glass of 2% (non homogenized, grassfed) milk before bed. It has made an awesome difference in my sleep. I then take 5mg of K2 in morning maybe only once or twice weekly. So far so good. And it has only been a relatively short time.

What do you think? Okay? Or not a good strategy for long term?

k2 in pill form?

revenant

500 mg per day gives me bruises, unless I also take vitamin K2. I don't even want to try higher doses.

Do people supplement with K1?

Amazoniac

- Effects of aspirin on risks of vascular events and cancer according to bodyweight and dose: analysis of individual patient data from randomised trials
Summary said:
Background
A one-dose-fits-all approach to use of aspirin has yielded only modest benefits in long-term prevention of cardiovascular events, possibly due to underdosing in patients of large body size and excess dosing in patients of small body size, which might also affect other outcomes.

Methods
Using individual patient data, we analysed the modifying effects of bodyweight (10 kg bands) and height (10 cm bands) on the effects of low doses (≤100 mg) and higher doses (300–325 mg or ≥500 mg) of aspirin in randomised trials of aspirin in primary prevention of cardiovascular events. We stratified the findings by age, sex, and vascular risk factors, and validated them in trials of aspirin in secondary prevention of stroke. Additionally, we assessed whether any weight or height dependence was evident for the effect of aspirin on 20-year risk of colorectal cancer or any in-trial cancer.

Results
Among ten eligible trials of aspirin in primary prevention (including 117 279 participants), bodyweight varied four-fold and trial median weight ranged from 60·0 kg to 81·2 kg (p<0·0001). The ability of 75–100 mg aspirin to reduce cardiovascular events decreased with increasing weight (pinteraction=0·0072), with benefit seen in people weighing 50–69 kg (hazard ratio
0·75 [95% CI 0·65–0·85]) but not in those weighing 70 kg or more (0·95 [0·86–1·04]; 1·09 [0·93–1·29] for vascular death). Furthermore, the case fatality of a first cardiovascular event was increased by low-dose aspirin in people weighing 70 kg or more (odds ratio 1·33 [95% CI 1·08–1·64], p=0·0082). Higher doses of aspirin (≥325 mg) had the opposite interaction with bodyweight (difference pinteraction=0·0013), reducing cardiovascular events only at higher weight (pinteraction=0·017). Findings were similar in men and women, in people with diabetes, in trials of aspirin in secondary prevention, and in relation to height (pinteraction=0·0025 for cardiovascular events). Aspirin-mediated reductions in long-term risk of colorectal cancer were also weight dependent (pinteraction=0·038). Stratification by body size also revealed harms due to excess dosing: risk of sudden death was increased by aspirin in people at low weight for dose (pinteraction=0·0018) and risk of all-cause death was increased in people weighing less than 50 kg who were receiving 75–100 mg aspirin (HR 1·52 [95% CI 1·04–2·21], p=0·031). In participants aged 70 years or older, the 3-year risk of cancer was also increased by aspirin (1·20 [1·03–1·47], p=0·02), particularly in those weighing less than 70 kg (1·31 [1·07–1·61], p=0·009) and consequently in women (1·44 [1·11–1·87], p=0·0069).

Interpretation
Low doses of aspirin (75–100 mg) were only effective in preventing vascular events in patients weighing less than 70 kg, and had no benefit in the 80% of men and nearly 50% of all women weighing 70 kg or more. By contrast, higher doses of aspirin were only effective in patients weighing 70 kg or more. Given that aspirin's effects on other outcomes, including cancer, also showed interactions with body size, a one-dose-fits-all approach to aspirin is unlikely to be optimal, and a more tailored strategy is required.

@DaveFoster, I haven't read, but may interest you.

rei

I see clear effect already from 125mg, it makes me crave sugar. 250mg is also good, 500mg feels like wasting, but i must try larger "medicinal doses" some day. I have never had the slightest issue from these doses.

I take 2-3 325mg tablets upon waking then sometimes 2 more in afternoon or around dinner. I will probably stick with this dose for awhile until I feel health is more optimal and then go down to just a single tablet or less.

Inaut

I think I’m slightly intolerant to salicylates.:.. Was wondering why I’ve been so itchy and since stopping aspirin, it seems to be subsiding. Any tips to fix this? Baking soda?

Amazoniac

- Does Urine Alkalinization Increase Salicylate Elimination? If so, Why?

- Multiple Targets of Salicylic Acid and Its Derivatives in Plants and Animals

- Differential Inhibition by Aspirin of Vascular and Platelet Prostaglandin Synthesis in Atherosclerotic Patients
Adstract said:
We studied the ability of a single oral dose of aspirin to inhibit prostacyclin synthesis by human arterial and venous tissue and to inhibit thromboxane A2 synthesis by platelets in 70 patients who were undergoing aortocoronary bypass. A dose of 40, 80, or 325 mg of aspirin was administered 12 to 16 hours before surgery.

upload_2020-2-21_20-4-8.png

@DaveFoster

Last edited:

Jib

no, enteric are very bad. They don’t dissolve until reaching the small intestine where they provoke bleeding.

Is Bayer coated? They say they're coated, but not enteric coated.Not sure if there's a difference between a coating just to make a pill easier to swallow vs. enteric coating.

Either way, I'm currently going through a bottle of Bayer aspirin. I chew the tablets completely and then chase with some juice or water.

Been thinking of getting pure aspirin powder here:

Aspirin Powder USP 60g

As for amount, I also noticed that jumping right into a few 325mg tablets a day caused severe diarrhea. I'm currently trying a single 325mg tablet a day and seeing if that works.

Arnold Grape

What does it mean if I get clear effects from one .5 tablet of 325 Gericare? (Reduced inflammation; clear thinking, increased sociability— near euphoria.) I only do this 2-3 times a week or suffer from anti-androgenic symptoms.

DaveFoster

berk

I think I’m slightly intolerant to salicylates.:.. Was wondering why I’ve been so itchy and since stopping aspirin, it seems to be subsiding. Any tips to fix this? Baking soda?
ask @tca300 he has a serieus salicylates intolerant. maybe he can help you with his experience with it.

berk

anyways,
How long does it take you to notice anything of it, and from what dose?
i did take 2x 325mg this morning, notice nothing about it.
what does telling me?

SonOfEurope

Personally 650mg (always taken with K2 and magnesium) has been the best for reducing inflammation and enhancing sugar utilization when I needed. Beautiful substance.

But one time I had I really bad headache on a dark winter day and I took close to 2 grams at once, I felt slightly dizzy ... A few palpitations too, bit scary.... I immediately took more k2 and sat down for like 2 hours.

And I'm not small... 85kg, 180.

I reckon that even two grams is a therapeutic dose for people who need it I would just advice buildng tolerance over a few weeks and increasing k2, magnesium and Gelatinous cuts along with it.

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

anyways,
How long does it take you to notice anything of it, and from what dose?
i did take 2x 325mg this morning, notice nothing about it.
what does telling me?

Were they costed versions?

You noticed that you noticed nothing to be noticed... You noticed something .

Joking... You might just not have any inflammation that required it but next time chew the tablet and drink it with some milk or squeezed OJ, you should feel-good... In your head not spaced out but more fluid in thought ... It's hard to describe.

Always take it with K2 and magnesium/Vitamin C if you can and eat more glucose in higher doses.

SonOfEurope

good or bad??

Mostly good, almost entirely good depending on which angle you see it from.

I have noticed increased urination from large doses and I always eat meat (some) on every meal, usually gelatinous cuts.

Aspirin, even in large doses, will be better handled by the kidneys if you maintain proper body PH.