Anxiety From Milk

postman

Anyone else experience this? I get anxious and irritable from milk. It also seems to make me more passive, I have less "drive" to do things. I have no digestive issues from milk, and I've been drinking it for a long time so I don't think it's a digestive problem. It does give me more energy, and sometimes it helps with mental clarity, but that matters little if you're on edge. I was thinking this may be because of the hormonal content in milk, and it lowering blood testosterone levels. The fattier the milk is, the worse I seem to get, which would make sense because the hormones are concentrated in the fat. Milk also gives me a bad breath quickly after consuming it, I dunno why or how that would even work.

Last edited:

Luann

Milk seems to have a pretty bad effect on me: butter for migraines / cystitis, yogurt for cystitis, cheese makes me crabby to be around. I don't think there's any problem with avoiding it for a while, following the Peat diet, then re-experimenting to see if your gut has changed to accomadate milk a bit better.

OP
postman

postman

I've been eating peat-like for years, sometimes with a lot of milk, sometimes with no milk at all; I don't think I could possibly get more "milk-adapted".

OP
postman

postman

Yeah it was negative for both casein and lactose, although if I remember correctly the results were kind of borderline, but on the right side. Or maybe I'm confusing that test with another one, it was a long time ago.

PeatMonster

By itself, the carb to protein ratio of milk is only 1.5 to 1 but 2 to 1 or even 5 to 1 might be more ideal. If protein is too high relative to carbs for your metabolism it causes cortisol release. Cortisol release explains anxiety. Fattier milk has even fewer carbs per calorie. Try having honey or fruit with the milk to raise the ratio to more like 3 to 1 at least.

OP
postman

postman

I almost always put sugar in my milk, and a lot of of it. 1 dl of sugar per litre of milk is a good level for me and it works better, but it still makes me agitated and passive at the same time.

jpgio

I almost always put sugar in my milk, and a lot of of it. 1 dl of sugar per litre of milk is a good level for me and it works better, but it still makes me agitated and passive at the same time.
Wow this is the exact feeling And I think it’s from milk too it sucks! It’s like an internal agitation in my mind like everything irritates me. It’s a terrible feeling. I’m generally a very easy going person too. This seems to have only started after incorporating milk into my diet.

OP
postman

postman

Wow this is the exact feeling And I think it’s from milk too it sucks! It’s like an internal agitation in my mind like everything irritates me. It’s a terrible feeling. I’m generally a very easy going person too. This seems to have only started after incorporating milk into my diet.
Dairy didn't cause much anxiety for me anymore after I got my calcium metabolism in order. It was still inflammatory though, probably because of the vitamin a.

laleto12

can you elab on calcium metabolism? how did you get it in order? what were the symptoms

OP
postman

postman

can you elab on calcium metabolism? how did you get it in order? what were the symptoms
I made a thread about it What's Required For Proper Calcium Regulation? Excitotoxicity

I think what I need for it to work is K1 AND K2 (I take mk-7), vitamin D, and keeping iron intake low. I actually ran out of K1 so it's a bit rough right now, hopefully the delivery will come soon. When my ability to handle calcium gets messed up I also don't handle sodium very well.