Nature Without Check With Original Energy

Peatogenic

"Most of the published work in our culture treats the succession of authoritarian academic/scien- tific/political cults as if this were simply the way history and human nature work, and must work. But this mechanical historical process is only superficial, and below this surface, individuals and groups have always lived as though time behaved very differently for them." - Ray Peat

"Creeds and schools in abeyance, retiring back a while sufficed at what they are, but never forgotten, I harbor for good or bad, I permit to speak at every hazard, Nature without check with original energy." - Walt Whitman

That "original energy" is the boundless and forward marching soul, free of the inner "authoritarian". It's all so clear to me now. I can feel it in my flesh, my heart. Stronger than any aromatase inhibitor, though I'm sure decreasing estrogen nonetheless.

It's all clicking. My efforts to learn are to discover, to experience a natural, instinctive alchemy regarding all stimuli - we don't learn to arrive at the answer or the solution, because true solutions are spontaneous and unconscious and never fixed.

Beastmode

"Most of the published work in our culture treats the succession of authoritarian academic/scien- tific/political cults as if this were simply the way history and human nature work, and must work. But this mechanical historical process is only superficial, and below this surface, individuals and groups have always lived as though time behaved very differently for them." - Ray Peat

"Creeds and schools in abeyance, retiring back a while sufficed at what they are, but never forgotten, I harbor for good or bad, I permit to speak at every hazard, Nature without check with original energy." - Walt Whitman

That "original energy" is the boundless and forward marching soul, free of the inner "authoritarian". It's all so clear to me now. I can feel it in my flesh, my heart. Stronger than any aromatase inhibitor, though I'm sure decreasing estrogen nonetheless.

It's all clicking. My efforts to learn are to discover, to experience a natural, instinctive alchemy regarding all stimuli - we don't learn to arrive at the answer or the solution, because true solutions are spontaneous and unconscious and never fixed.

I've just started listening to David Abram which brought me back to Walt Whitman and to this post.

I shared an email exchange with Ray earlier today in another thread and your quote of his will probably do more for metabolic health than any supplement will ever do.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

I've just started listening to David Abram which brought me back to Walt Whitman and to this post.

I shared an email exchange with Ray earlier today in another thread and your quote of his will probably do more for metabolic health than any supplement will ever do.

I agree. Since I wrote this post I discovered Gilles Deleuze's A Thousand Plateaus and it just takes this stuff to a whole new level. In a physiology-altering way. I return to that Peat quote often, and his article on William Blake is a great inspiration.

Constatine

I find it shocking how atypical but undoubtedly true many of Peat's statements are.

Back
Top Bottom