If Anarchists Can Make Pharma Drugs, Why Can't Somebody Make Lead-free Vitamin C

tara

To all the kids who survived the 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's. ...
History as told by survivors who benefitted from the freedom. Some precious people were lost or badly damaged.

I do think this is possible when considering each phenomenon independently, yet I find it inconceivable that a person could comprehend more than a fraction together working in symphony. Any significant event would induce changes, and changes upon those changes in a fractal manner. Yet I would think a person could comprehend just about any one particular biophysiological event should it be defined narrow enough, satisfactorily.
Yes, I think you are right, there's much that has been learned and much more to be learned about specific mechanisms and conditions that can be really valuable. But altogether more than one person can keep in their conscious mind and see how it applies to their own body at that conscious explicit evidence-based level. And too slow for real life.
So choosing which of the many possible parameters to attend to and how also requires numerous human choices that are partly based on sub-conscious senses and cognition. I think listening to intuition is necessary, along with applying reason to evidence. It's good to keeping a conscious eye on intuition, in case it has got influenced by some harmful confusion or addiction, too.

Yet since the direct curative measures implied by clear understandings are generally not profitable to anybody, they are generally ignored and certainly are never advertised.
This is the real tragedy.
Probably requiring both system change and ways to help people adapt to new approaches and habits.
It would be good to move towards a system that did not inherently give strong incentives for practices that conflict population health.

tara

@Travis, I have been paying attention to and appreciating quite a few of your detailed evidenced based recommendations in various threads. I don't mean that intuition can replace such excellent investigation and writing.

Travis

@Travis, I have been paying attention to and appreciating quite a few of your detailed evidenced based recommendations in various threads. I don't mean that intuition can replace such excellent investigation and writing.

Well, me must certainly have intuition to make connections, form new hypothesis, and to direct further inquiry. The even carries over into heuristics; explanations really ought to be intuitive for appeal and easy assimilation. This is certainly not universal, as I'd just today encountered a review article that reads like a discombobulated litany of alphabetized abstract clippings. [If I only had a printer and a wire-mesh trashcan nearby...] Einstein's Theory of Relativity is a common example of a very counterintuitive theory, yet there are other theories that make better sense of the data—in my opinion. I know everyone likes to take cheap shots at him because he's the media defined archetype of 'genius,' yet I am sincere in stating that Relativity does in fact have serious issues pointed-out by ever his peers. Albert Einstein's other less popular articles were much more realistic, less controversial, and even far more original: most of what he'd written about relativity had been written prior by others, most notably Henri Poincaré. I guess one of the morals behind the history of Relativity is that: if a theory is that counterintuitive, it cannot possible be true. Quantum nonlocality also has had serious criticisms, and nobody should feel obliged to believe that one either simply because it's often professed as true by chairmen of physics departments.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

Well, me must certainly have intuition to make connections, form new hypothesis, and to direct further inquiry. The even carries over into heuristics; explanations really ought to be intuitive for appeal and easy assimilation. This is certainly not universal, as I'd just today encountered a review article that reads like a discombobulated litany of alphabetized abstract clippings. [If I only had a printer and a wire-mesh trashcan nearby...] Einstein's Theory of Relativity is a common example of a very counterintuitive theory, yet there are other theories that make better sense of the data—in my opinion. I know everyone likes to take cheap shots at him because he's the media defined archetype of 'genius,' yet I am sincere in stating that Relativity does in fact have serious issues pointed-out by ever his peers. Albert Einstein's other less popular articles were much more realistic, less controversial, and even far more original: most of what he'd written about relativity had been written prior by others, most notably Henri Poincaré. I guess one of the morals behind the history of Relativity is that: if a theory is that counterintuitive, it cannot possible be true. Quantum nonlocality also has had serious criticisms, and nobody should feel obliged to believe that one either simply because it's often professed as true by chairmen of physics departments.

Reminds me of Gilbert Ling against the establishment with the idea of pumps for everything under the sun that they can't explain. No Nobel Prize for him, which is probably a noteworthy distinction to be proud of actually. I would hate to be Alfred Nobel.

Travis

Reminds me of Gilbert Ling against the establishment with the idea of pumps for everything under the sun that they can't explain. No Nobel Prize for him, which is probably a noteworthy distinction to be proud of actually. I would hate to be Alfred Nobel.

I know. The Nobel Committee seems almost like a club where over-the-hill scientists conspire to defend their old models and those of their peers, or co-clubmembers, by awarding carrots prizes the those who genuflect. These is a hindrance to biochemistry because this system reinforces old and sometimes impossible models in a rapidly progressing field. Those people who demonstrate how the classic '60s models are impossible or otherwise incorrect do not get pats on the back by the Nobel Committee. These men have paradigms as their legacies, and are trying to etch them in stone.

Mauritio

How reliably is it when a manufacturer said its tested for lead and they show the it's under the allowed limit?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Quali-C is excellent. Very very low in heavy metals, made in Scotland UK.
Bought from Amazon GMO Free Vitamins Ultra Fine Vitamin C Powder. Highest grade of Quali-C.

Unadulterated.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I used to buy Drs Best
I did too. But after buying from GMO Free, I realize that Dr Best did not have the same ultrafine quality as that of GMO Free.

GMO Free's owner said in this forum that Dr. Best may not contain 100% Quali-C. Just on price alone, it makes me doubt Dr. Best.

Could you show us some links to back up your claim that Quali-C is now made in China?

Mauritio

What do you guys think about calcium-ascorbate? Seems like a good way to get calcium and vitamin c. And it's easier on the stomach.

Mauritio

i neutralize ascorbic acid with baking soda, potassium and/or magnesium carbonate.
Yeah I also used to do that. But what speaks against taking calcium-ascorbate?

tara

What do you guys think about calcium-ascorbate? Seems like a good way to get calcium and vitamin c. And it's easier on the stomach.
I don't know enough to recommend or not, but I use Ca ascorbate for vit-C sometimes. Have also used Mg ascorbate (till it turned to cement - glad I didn't get a kg at once).

SOMO

Studies on regular Ascorbic Acid/Vitamin C regularly show benefit with things like Cortisol and ROS reduction.

Is the regular Ascorbic Acid really a concern?