Amazing Insight On Red Light Therapy

franzink

this is a great resource for all the evidence and studies on infrared light therapy. I have a question: can i buy an infrared red light 660nm to 860nm desk lamp and just turn it on for 3 to 4 hours while im working? can i use it as a bedside lamp too and just leave it on the whole night?

tankasnowgod

this is a great resource for all the evidence and studies on infrared light therapy. I have a question: can i buy an infrared red light 660nm to 860nm desk lamp and just turn it on for 3 to 4 hours while im working? can i use it as a bedside lamp too and just leave it on the whole night?

Infrared starts at about 800 nm, 660 is just red. Having said that, I have both a red light that shines on the back of my head during the day at work, and an IR Iluminator that I have been shining on my bed at night. Red during the day helps to offset the deficiency in most modern offices, and counter the damage of excess blue.

User Dan Wich also tried sleeping under infrared (and maybe still does)- Invisible Light While Sleeping

franzink

thanks so much i found out that the link that Dan Wich recommended is not available anymore so I choose an alternative which works as wellwith both 660nm and 860nm in 1 light bulb? by the way can i also use these grow lights as my desk lamp and night lamp ( 660nm )?

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

I want a red light in my office I work on a computer all day. All my meetings are through ring central, but I know fellow employees would find it odd
Luckily I WFH 2x a week and live on lots of land so I sun bathe even when snow is on the ground haha. But ugh I hate EMF *as I write this on my phone* I downloaded f.lux great app I highly suggest to downplay blue light exposure. If anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.

tankasnowgod

I want a red light in my office I work on a computer all day. All my meetings are through ring central, but I know fellow employees would find it odd
Luckily I WFH 2x a week and live on lots of land so I sun bathe even when snow is on the ground haha. But ugh I hate EMF *as I write this on my phone* I downloaded f.lux great app I highly suggest to downplay blue light exposure. If anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.

Good options. In addition, I changed all the background screens on every device I use to red. That should be easier on your eyes (with or without f.lux, which is excellent). You could get a 850nm IR illuminator, and they wouldn't see any red glow, it should still give some benefits. Dan Wich has this handy video to show you how to adapt it so you can use it in light conditions-

I just put my red light up in my office and just let co-workers think I'm a bit odd. I always have been anyway, so that never bothered me.

tankasnowgod

thanks so much i found out that the link that Dan Wich recommended is not available anymore so I choose an alternative which works as wellwith both 660nm and 860nm in 1 light bulb? by the way can i also use these grow lights as my desk lamp and night lamp ( 660nm )?

Those should be good, but just know, that 660 nm will be visible, so keep that in mind if you plan on using it while you sleep. There are many similar 850nm IR illuminators if you search, very similar to the one Dan Wich had.

franzink

thats great. I will make an order today and see the results. Hoping to improve my health.

NathanK

Sullytex

If I remember correctly 25 USD shipped through Geek.com.

Output is shown bottom right I believe.

Attachments

• 15796604339342811718768142202890.jpg
    15796604339342811718768142202890.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 36

franzink

I also have 1 myself with the same model that you have which i seldom use, but since you reminded me, i will be using it again. Mine comes with intranasal function as well.

Sullytex

Yes. You may find it odd at night as everything has a red haze on it. Lol. Thanks to my granddaughter I cannot find my canula!

BestThera

Honestly, you need to have enough irradiance so you can get benefits from it. If the output is small, and we would like to call it as a toy red light therapy device.
In another word, it does not work..:pompous:
mW/cm2 x time (in seconds) x 0.001 = J/cm2
● 50mW/cm² applied for 200 seconds gives 10J/cm²
Normally, the dose you want to shoot for is between 20J/cm2 – 100J/cm2

golder

Honestly, you need to have enough irradiance so you can get benefits from it. If the output is small, and we would like to call it as a toy red light therapy device.
In another word, it does not work..:pompous:
mW/cm2 x time (in seconds) x 0.001 = J/cm2
● 50mW/cm² applied for 200 seconds gives 10J/cm²
Normally, the dose you want to shoot for is between 20J/cm2 – 100J/cm2

Thanks for this, good to see some one dialing down on the detail. Would you be kind enough to link a few different models which you would recommend with adequate output. Thanks again, much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Clark

Also, what is the truth about near infrared light being harmful to the eyes? Some say to wear goggles to protect the eyes, and I have even read one vendor saying NIR was good for the eyes. I only use the 660 red light on my eyes, until I get some validation otherwise, I am paranoid to look into NIR light devices.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals