Is Soda A Good Way To Raise CO2?

Francisco

Are carbonated beverages an effective and safe way of raising CO2? I know Dr. Peat has mentioned that humans can absorb significant amounts of CO2 through our skin, so I assume absorbing internally would be even more effective.
Would like to know since I haven’t had a fizzy drink in ages.

lampofred

It is a good way to temporarily raise CO2, but I think excess fructose can be problematic if it's not accompanied by Vitamin C as in OJ.

aquaman

Ray answers this question on a KMUD interview, and says that you’ll burp most of the co2 out.

Through the skin is much better, or bag re-breathing

Herbie

Ray answers this question on a KMUD interview, and says that you’ll burp most of the co2 out.

Through the skin is much better, or bag re-breathing

Yeah I remember him saying this, I have tried many times to hold the co2 in but its near impossible.

lampofred

There's a pretty strong relationship between gout and fructose consumption, but there's an strong inverse relation between Vitamin C intake and gout incidence. And drinks with HFCS are worse than just ordinary sugar sweetened drinks. Maybe because HFCS shifts the ratio between fructose and glucose in favor of fructose whereas sucrose has a 1 to 1 ratio.

Tenacity

There's a pretty strong relationship between gout and fructose consumption, but there's an strong inverse relation between Vitamin C intake and gout incidence. And drinks with HFCS are worse than just ordinary sugar sweetened drinks. Maybe because HFCS shifts the ratio between fructose and glucose in favor of fructose whereas sucrose has a 1 to 1 ratio.
I was curious about what you said so I browsed PubMed on the subject - I found something about the fructose : vitamin C ratio in relation to uricemia, so seems you're onto something here.

boris

Would it be safe to breath the contents of the balloon in bit by bit?

boris

Do you think anything negative would happen if one would be to breath it in all at once (about the balloon size of the video)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals