Milk Is Brain Food For The Genius

Inaut

Light reading and somewhat comical

Milk and genius - Hmolpedia
GW461H57

GW155H271

GW278H261

Above: back cover exert from American genius biographer Clifford Pickover's 1998 Strange Brains and Genius. [1] Right: the famous "come in with the milk" scene from the 2004 film The Aviator, which is based on real life (reaction existence) and times of American aviator pioneer and film mogul Howard Hughes (see also: why is this site here?).
In genius studies, milk and genius refers to the peculiar habit of a number of noted geniuses to consume large amounts of milk and or to exist only on milk in place of other beverages or food.

American genius biographer Clifford Pickover, in his 1998 Strange Brains and Genius, seems to have been the first to call attention to the peculiar phenomenon. [1]

English self-taught electrical engineer, mathematician, and physicist Oliver Heaviside (1850-1925), the person who condensed Maxwell's field equations with 20 variables down to four equations with two variables, had very specific food preferences and an unnatural interest in food. He sometimes lived like a cat, drinking bowls of milk for days. Milk, and nothing else.

Serbian-born American electrical engineer Nikola Tesla, as Pickover reports, also lived on milk, and for many years. [1] Tesla’s milk eating habits and number peculiarities, as biographer Carol Dommermuth-Costa reports, outlined below: [2]

“In his later years, [Tesla’s] meals often consisted of a bowl of milk. His eating habits remained odd. Obsessed by numbers that were divisible by three, he always required eighteen cloth napkins to be placed near his plate so that he could clean each glass, utensil, and dish before using them and then discard the napkin. Also, whenever he needed to wipe his mouth during the meal, he used a clean napkin. This eccentricity also applied to the number of towels that he required in the bathroom. He insisted that either fifteen or eighteen clean towels be on hand when he washed or bathed.”

Tesla, in respect to dietary numbers and milk, is thus strikingly similar to the milk dietary habits of Howard Hughes and his number of peas he required during; always requested his diners with twelve peas, no more, no less (?)

Likewise, Thomas Edison's only foods were milk and the occasional glass of orange juice. [1]

Irish chemist Richard Kirwan, the “brilliant 18th-century polymath”, as Pickover describes him, existed entirely on a diet of only milk and ham.

The most-famous film depiction of the genius milk phenomenon is the “come in with the milk” scene from the 2004 film The Aviator based on the existence reaction of American aviation and film pioneer Howard Hughes (IQ=175±) (see also: why is this site here), as shown adjacent, wherein one can count 60 milk bottles filled with urine.

The 1971 film A Clockwork Orange written, directed and produced by Stanley Kubrick, adapted from Anthony Burgess's 1962 novella A Clockwork Orange, has a similar sort of milk scene.

Theodore Kaczynski (IQ=165), math prodigy turned unabomber, as noted by his college dorm mates, had a room piled with trash two feet deep underneath it all were what smelled like unused cartons of milk.

American electrochemical engineer Libb Thims(IQ=160-230±) frequently consumes upwards of 2 liters of milk per day (1%, 2% or sometimes whole), or 2-3 per week, especially so after long extended 10-hour+ periods of study, after which milk is the only thing that will quench and calm the brain.

References
1. Pickover, Clifford A. (1998). Strange Brains and Genius: the Secret Lives of Eccentric Scientists and Madman (milk, pg. 70 + backcover). Quill.
2. Dommermuth-Costa, Carol. (1998). Nikola Tesla: a Spark of Genius (pg. 128). Twenty-First Century Books.

Further reading
? Jacob, Matthew and Jacob, Mark. (2010). What the Great Ate: a Curious

Add Peat to the list :)

opethfeldt

Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to drink milk. I looked forward to drinking milk with dinner more than the meal itself. I'd always want orange juice after playing outside too. If we just listen to our bodies, they give us most of the answers we seek.

schultz

You forgot me on that list...... :cool

Kidding of course! But I really want some milk after reading that.

Arnold Grape

David Bowie went through a hardcore milk phase
In 1975, David Bowie moved to Los Angeles, and his life descended into chaos and turmoil. He was consuming massive amounts of cocaine, remaining awake for days on end (“I hate sleep,” he said. “I would much prefer staying up, just working, all the time”), and subsisting primarily on a diet of peppers and milk. At one point, his weight dropped below 100 pounds.

I had to fact check you :checkeredflag:

gaze

Franz Kaftka and Nietzsche also relied on absurd amounts of milk

Beastmode

Damn....I'm only at a quart per day.

I was up to 40-50 oz per day, but I don't seem to want it after 1 pm. It's like my body says "no thank you" for the rest of the day.

Does anyone else notice they can drink a good amount early, but don't seem to desire it and/or do well as the day goes on?

Arnold Grape

I was up to 40-50 oz per day, but I don't seem to want it after 1 pm. It's like my body says "no thank you" for the rest of the day.

Does anyone else notice they can drink a good amount early, but don't seem to desire it and/or do well as the day goes on?
I have actually read that it takes a while for your metabolism to “wake up” and therefore I do not go right for the melk first thing. (I have no idea if this is true, btw.) As a result, my morning IQ is poor.

Beastmode

I have actually read that it takes a while for your metabolism to “wake up” and therefore I do not go right for the melk first thing. (I have no idea if this is true, btw.) As a result, my morning IQ is poor.

In my experience it's the opposite. I drink a quart before noon. So my afternoon and evening IQ must be poor :)

I think it'll take a bit more time and my body will eventually want it more as the day goes on. I have 2 large latte's, 1% milk with a few oz of strong coffee with sugar as my first few meals. That took a while to get myself too and now I don't miss a day. I actually crave it first thing in the morning. Part of what I think is going on is my body wanting more solid foods and I don't end up finding time between solid food meals to consume it.

I'm 41, so I figure I have the chance of being a genius by 45 with the additional milk consumption :)

sladerunner69

Well my man Ray Peat PhD has averaged a gallon of milk per day for many years, so by this metric he must be the most genius man in history.

Grapelander

In 1975, David Bowie moved to Los Angeles, and his life descended into chaos and turmoil. He was consuming massive amounts of cocaine, remaining awake for days on end (“I hate sleep,” he said. “I would much prefer staying up, just working, all the time”), and subsisting primarily on a diet of peppers and milk. At one point, his weight dropped below 100 pounds.

I had to fact check you :checkeredflag:
Station to Station tour - he was all coked out.

Grapelander

Lactose = GLUCOSE + GALACTOSE.
Reasons why galactose is good for you.
Galactose has recently been reported to be beneficial in the management of a number of diseases, particularly those affecting brain function. The conversion of galactose to amino acids in the brain requires ammonia equivalents as a substrate. Galactose plays a potentially useful role in removing these neurotoxic compounds from the brain in patients suffering from hepatic encephalopathy or Alzheimer's disease. Dementia is associated with dysfunction of the insulin-receptor system, followed by decreased glucose transport to and subsequent metabolism in brain cells. As galactose is transported to the brain, it can act as an alternative source of energy owing to its metabolism to glucose. Daily oral galactose administration has also been shown to be a promising new, non-toxic therapy for the treatment of resistant nephrotic syndrome

Wolf

Lactose = GLUCOSE + GALACTOSE.
Reasons why galactose is good for you.
Galactose has recently been reported to be beneficial in the management of a number of diseases, particularly those affecting brain function. The conversion of galactose to amino acids in the brain requires ammonia equivalents as a substrate. Galactose plays a potentially useful role in removing these neurotoxic compounds from the brain in patients suffering from hepatic encephalopathy or Alzheimer's disease. Dementia is associated with dysfunction of the insulin-receptor system, followed by decreased glucose transport to and subsequent metabolism in brain cells. As galactose is transported to the brain, it can act as an alternative source of energy owing to its metabolism to glucose. Daily oral galactose administration has also been shown to be a promising new, non-toxic therapy for the treatment of resistant nephrotic syndrome
I get better results from a gallon of milk a day if I pre process it with lactase. Spoils faster though if you don't drink it.

milkboi

Yeah, same. But I think it's maybe just increased need for fluids in the morning? Many people seem to prefer "light" (meaning less dense -> more water) foods for breakfast.

thomas00

Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to drink milk. I looked forward to drinking milk with dinner more than the meal itself. I'd always want orange juice after playing outside too. If we just listen to our bodies, they give us most of the answers we seek.

The only part I liked about eating cereal as a kid was the bit at the end- only milk and whatever remaining sugar sank to the bottom of the bowl.

I remember straining OJ, enjoyed drinking coke and refused to eat margarine when my parents switched from butter, just stuck with dry bread. I didn't drink much milk after my parents switched to skim. Yuck.

Children know what's up.

milkboi

The only part I liked about eating cereal as a kid was the bit at the end- only milk and whatever remaining sugar sank to the bottom of the bowl.

I remember straining OJ, enjoyed drinking coke and refused to eat margarine when my parents switched from butter, just stuck with dry bread. I didn't drink much milk after my parents switched to skim. Yuck.

Children know what's up.

True. A lot of kids also find fish like salmon really disgusting.

cyclops

These are the type of threads I like to see here! It seems like most times I see dairy mentioned here, its people saying to cut it out. Milk is king!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals