Warning To People Taking Lysine

Hgreen56

Want Peat sê so.
Do you have a kink where Ray this saying and more imported why?
I don't see what the problem taking amino acids with food because every food has a different amino ratios.
Also protein powders have huge differences.
The body doesn't see/care about that..

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you have a kink where Ray this saying and more imported why?
I don't see what the problem taking amino acids with food because every food has a different amino ratios.
Also protein powders have huge differences.
The body doesn't see/care about that..
Peats just not a fan of isolated amino acids in general. The ones he's most ok with are glycine and taurine.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Partly because of potential contamination as well as having undesirable effects that would not occur with normal protein consumption. I personally think low doses of amino acids can be beneficial.

Hgreen56

Partly because of potential contamination as well as having undesirable effects that would not occur with normal protein consumption.
I dont get it, are whey/casseine supplements produced otherwise than isolated amino acids thats increased the risk of contamination?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I dont get it, are whey/casseine supplements produced otherwise than isolated amino acids thats increased the risk of contamination?
Peats probably not for whey or casein either.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
would 500mg-1000mg per day be safe?
Depends on your individual make-up. I took 500mg this morning for the first time and I felt mentally/emotionally WRETCHED all day, and very irritable for no good reason. It is the same effect I got in the past from taking an SSRI for 2-3 days.

Oddly enough it seems that lysine is a serotonin receptor type 4 antagonist, and I speculate that this might leave too much serotonin floating around in my brain, just like with an SSRI. It's supposed to make people calmer, but on me it has the opposite effect.

l-Lysine Acts as a Serotonin Type 4 Receptor Antagonist to Counteract In Vitro and In Vivo the Stimulatory Effect of Serotonergic Agents on Aldosterone Secretion in Man​

l-Lysine Acts as a Serotonin Type 4 Receptor Antagonist to Counteract In Vitro and In Vivo the Stimulatory Effect of Serotonergic Agents on Aldosterone Secretion in Man - PubMed

But perhaps this is because I most likely have MCAS. Little did I know that mast cells release serotonin, in addition to histamine.

Illicit Upregulation of Serotonin Signaling Pathway in Adrenals of Patients With High Plasma or Intra-Adrenal ACTH Levels​

Illicit Upregulation of Serotonin Signaling Pathway in Adrenals of Patients With High Plasma or Intra-Adrenal ACTH Levels - PubMed

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals