Amazing "Croissant Diet" Experiment Results (Stearic Acid/Saturated Fat)

Broken man

Mine stearic acid Is more like a powder And they say Its 99,9 pure. But the smokiness is not something I like, must, btw I am eating it as Banana shake mentioned in one study

Vinny

Mine stearic acid Is more like a powder And they say Its 99,9 pure. But the smokiness is not something I like, must, btw I am eating it as Banana shake mentioned in one study
Mine is also like a powder.
Ate a tsp with my dinner, mixed with a bit of olive oil. Can hear my gallbladder can't stop murmuring now, but not a bad feeling. May be the OO have activated it, idk...

Vinny

Mine is also like a powder.
Ate a tsp with my dinner, mixed with a bit of olive oil. Can hear my gallbladder can't stop murmuring now, but not a bad feeling. May be the OO have activated it, idk...
I,ve been having also a several taurine drinks today, coz can't wait anymore the batch, so this could,ve also contributed to the gallbladder activity. We,ll see what happened tomorrow ....

kaybb

Has anyone tried to use Monolaurin in lieu of butter/stearic acid combo? It seems like it would accomplish similar goals without putting someone in the position of having to eat so many croissants, white chocolate bars and stearic acid pellets. Day 3 and these things make me want to gag. However... Monolaurin is used to reduce bacteria in the gut and/ or normalize existing gut bacteria. In animal models it caused weight loss, perhaps by reducing endotoxin. Some people report better thyroid function/metabolism from the lauric acid. I find that it warms me up and suppresses my appetite. I’ve never taken it for more than a month but I’m considering giving it a longer trial with a higher dose and see what happens...
Interested in this ! Please keep posting

tankasnowgod

dows the tallow have additive BHT ?? Said to be worse than PUFA??? Please no!!

First of all, what is the source of the claim that BWW adds BHT? Second, who said BHT is worse than PUFA?

They might, I'm not sure, I know Buggles uses Coconut Oil and adds some BHT. Still, there is no where near the level of BHT in Buggles as there is PUFA in any comparable snack, not by a long shot.

The one thread on here about BHT mentions the negative effects, but also some positive ones- BHT As An Antiviral, Uncoupler, And Anti-lipid Peroxidation

For something like an occasional meal or snack, I'm personally not that worried about it.

Broken man

First of all, what is the source of the claim that BWW adds BHT? Second, who said BHT is worse than PUFA?

They might, I'm not sure, I know Buggles uses Coconut Oil and adds some BHT. Still, there is no where near the level of BHT in Buggles as there is PUFA in any comparable snack, not by a long shot.

The one thread on here about BHT mentions the negative effects, but also some positive ones- BHT As An Antiviral, Uncoupler, And Anti-lipid Peroxidation

For something like an occasional meal or snack, I'm personally not that worried about it.
Hello dear Tank, did you try your stearyl alcohol? Is it better? Thank you.

Broken man

Just got it, haven't experimented with it yet.
Oh, I am really curious.... I need to find a better way how to increase my stearic acid intake because its so good for me, even taking thyroid is much easier now and that is just small benefit, the best thing is the way it calms me, its so easy to concetrate now.

tankasnowgod

Oh, I am really curious.... I need to find a better way how to increase my stearic acid intake because its so good for me, even taking thyroid is much easier now and that is just small benefit, the best thing is the way it calms me, its so easy to concetrate now.

One thing I have been taking advantage of is the topical route.... using a lot more Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, and sometimes mixing in Extra Stearic Acid. I have been applying right before bed, over my arms, torso, face, and legs. Weird thing, it doesn't really feel greasy at all when applying. I'm not really worried about it rubbing off on my clothes or sheets, but it doesn't really seem to, either.

somuch4food

One thing I have been taking advantage of is the topical route.... using a lot more Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, and sometimes mixing in Extra Stearic Acid. I have been applying right before bed, over my arms, torso, face, and legs. Weird thing, it doesn't really feel greasy at all when applying. I'm not really worried about it rubbing off on my clothes or sheets, but it doesn't really seem to, either.

I have a cacao butter based product that I apply on my stretch marks and I get a similar feeling.

One thing I've noticed since I started applying is that I'm warm all night long using only a single sheet as a blanket whereas before I would sometimes need a comforter in the middle of the night.

Vinny

So, last night, after taking 1 tsp of st acid mixed with olive oil, had a quite strong, but not necessarily bad reaction coming from the gallbladder area. It lasted about an hour.
During the whole night I was very warm, but couldn't sleep at all. No food ingested during this time.
Fall asleep around 06.00, woke up around midday, still warm (unexpected). Took my rectal temp (I like to put things there ...... you know me....) and it was 37.2 C - pretty good ....
Was warm in the afternoon too, started to feel cold just now, in the late evening, writing this post ....

I wouldn't dare to claim, that 5gr of the stuff kept me warm throughout the whole night and day. Too good to be true. There must be something else about it.

Will take next time some more, but without OO this time, and we,ll see....

tankasnowgod

I am very curious, will you buy Brad´s stearic acid? Or the butter enhanced with it?

I probably will at some point. I'm really intrigued by the SFA/UFA ratio and the Stearic Acid itself, so I imagine I focus on that for the long haul.

kaybb

I’m trying to find it, was amongst all the reading I’ve been doing .

kaybb

The results of this experiment are amazing...

I recently found a blog article by a guy who decided to go on a croissant diet with a high amount of stearic acid to see if he could prove that eating this way would cause him to lose weight/body fat.

The hypothesis of his experiment was based on a study that showed that mice who ate a high amount of Stearic Acid and low amount of unsaturated fat diet had a reduction of visceral fat by 70% and an increase in lean mass.

This is the article:
Introducing The Croissant Diet - Fire In A Bottle

The before and after pictures are pretty stunning. The question is.. what is actually causing the fat loss. Is it just the saturated fat vs unsaturated fat ratio? Or is it the Stearic Acid? Or is there more going on?

What are your thoughts?
Quote from his blog
“Sugar increases your level of SCD1, which leads to your fat becoming unsaturated, which is counter to the point of the diet, so definitely keep it to a minimum.”
Do Ray Peat fans agree??

tankasnowgod

Quote from his blog
“Sugar increases your level of SCD1, which leads to your fat becoming unsaturated, which is counter to the point of the diet, so definitely keep it to a minimum.”
Do Ray Peat fans agree??

I don't think he has a source to back up that claim. If you read the blog post he linked to, he only speculates that sugar may upregulate SCD1. And then, what is the context? Very low or no fat diet? Personally, I'm not worried about it.

Krigeren

Has anyone here w/ a ready supply of stearic acid tried "keto coffee" with it? Or be willing to?

Just throw some butter or ghee in there like a typical keto coffee, but replace the CO/MCT w/ the stearic acid maybe.

Wondering how it would blend and taste.. May be a quick and convenient way to supplement with it.

Krigeren

In vitro study, and also says short-chain fats were the most affected. Coffee has always seemed to help my digestion, but I realize that doesn't mean it hasn't inhibited parts of it either.

Earlier on in the thread I used up to 2g of of cocoa butter per 0z of coffee (30g w/ 16oz coffee) and didn't see any change in digestion and related from that. I did lose a couple of pounds over a week and subjectively felt warmer more often.

Adding MCT or CO to my coffee has given me problems though so maybe there is something to the mechanism in the study that also happens in vivo.

Looking for a practical way to test this out w/o having to down a mouth-full of "wax" or mixed w/ the other types of fats in cocoa butter, or added to or used to cook something I don't typically eat.

gabys225

When this thread was first started I got really excited and pre-ordered his stearic-acid rich butter. It's on the way! If anyone has any questions about it or wants photos let me know!