Experiences/input Regarding Taking More Than 4 Grains Thyroid

OP
J

jaakkima

So to clarify, you maintain that T4 is "not helping me" despite as I said when I started it it only had superficial effects, and over the 2 week period I went progressively from being in a stupor, barely able to see, confused, dizzy, etc etc etc to the world being clear, feeling almost normal despite being on a horrible poison, etc, my face and body shape changed dramatically already so that I'm getting attention whereas none before..... Among many other changes... All only with the T4 buildup period... But it's not helping me you say...

Infarouge

I experience cold fingers which respond well to 3 grains NDT, but usually only lasts half a day. I have experimented with titrating up to 3 grains 2x a day for a total of 6 grains a day. I never seem to get hyper symptoms even at the higher doses. NDT is Thiroyd from Thailand.

Clare 2020

Jaakkima, how is your dose of NDT going now?

I have some complex health issues myself, and was on 4 grains for several years. I've recently revisited a lot of Peat info having exhausted all the diet and lifestyle changes I could make to get my temps and HR to normalise. Since upping my dose to 6 grains per day, I am finally getting my waking and daytime temps into optimal range. I've had vertigo, vestibular migraines and abdominal weight gain, hopefully my excess weight starts to shift soon - my migraines and vertigo have improved with increasing the dose. I'm also taking progesterone, 2g per day of calcium and getting daily sun exposure for vitamin D.

jaminhealth

Has anyone thought of adding a drop of Iosol iodine and some selenium to their thyroid meds support. I had been taking 2 grains of NT for a few years and since using HGH homeopathic gel for a year soon, I've been able to reduce that 2 grains to 1 grain and take the iodine drop daily too.

I avoid the synthetic thyroid drug with a passion.

OP
J

jaakkima

I seem to need about 7 grains, maybe between 7 and 8, plus enough T3 to make. 2:1 ratio so about 70mcg. All of a sudden progesterone seems to be clearing the estrogen (it did nothing no matter how much I took in the past, and regardless of protein and B vitamins) and I am having healthy bowel movements though there was a back up. The estrogen and constipation have been synergistically causing the clotting issue. It took me 7 years of experimenting to figure this out. There were times I thought things were starting to work before but they weren't.

invictus

I seem to need about 7 grains, maybe between 7 and 8, plus enough T3 to make. 2:1 ratio so about 70mcg. All of a sudden progesterone seems to be clearing the estrogen (it did nothing no matter how much I took in the past, and regardless of protein and B vitamins) and I am having healthy bowel movements though there was a back up. The estrogen and constipation have been synergistically causing the clotting issue. It took me 7 years of experimenting to figure this out. There were times I thought things were starting to work before but they weren't.

Which brand are you using? Physician prescribed or self-treating? I'm using Thiroyd(3 grains) along with Tyronene(80 mcg at night, along with 2 grains NDT). Sleep has improved, somewhat. I bought 1000 tabs in 2016 and still using them, then, last year, found Thiryod on eBay and bought another 1000. It seems to be getting more difficult to find desiccated tablets from Thailand, at least from my research.

I'm just going to keep slowly titrating until mood, sleep, energy, sexual function and weight loss all improve. I suspect I'll need to get to 7 to 10 grains. All I've gained from packing away carbs, sugar, fat and protein is weight, though that's likely from low metabolism and accumulation of mucin. Wish you success.

FitnessMike

oh wow, some high ndt doses some peoples required.

Even me now that my rt3 seem to stabilising for the first time i years, seem like i will need 3-4 grains, maybe even more like some of you here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals