Coffee Before Bed

lostguy

Sometimes I crave coffee in the evening, actually also just right before bed. I‘m guessing cause of a lower metabolism state 'cause of no energy at the end of the day?

Could it be an option to consume coffee right before bed-time or would it interfere with sleep and especially being able to sleep?

yoshiesque

See attached. I personally do a milk combo involving half teaspoon instant coffee, 2 table spoon sugar, milk, gelatin and some coconut oil

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191203-013205.png
    Screenshot_20191203-013205.png
    236.5 KB · Views: 261

maillol

My dad always drinks a strong coffee right before bed and he sleeps like a log

TheSir

I occasionally get the craving to stay up through the night drinking coffee and diving deep into my hobbies. I think this is more likely to happen if I haven't done anything productive in a day or two.

AnnSimpson

My dad always drinks a strong coffee right before bed and he sleeps like a log

That's actually not healthy, he might suffer from insomnia and heart problems later. You should tell him about it or better visit a doc. I would advise checking this page just to let you know that sleep disorders are very serious and hard to treat. Also I would recommend drinking coffee at least two hours before sleep, at least that's how I drink it.

J

jb116

Yep. I do it, nice hot sweetened coffee with hot milk. Very relaxing.

Dave Clark

If you search hard enough, you can find some nice decaf coffees. I roast my own decafs that are water-processed, can barely tell they are decaf. Switched my evening (pre-dinner) coffee to this years ago and my sleep definitely improved, and I didn't have to give up something I love to drink. I know, decaf has a bad name, but there are good ones out there.

pepsi

I suppose it would depend on the person. I drink coffee all day, 3 tsp instant coffee in one cup, I dont feel it do anything, I just like the taste, and its a good sugar carrier,
also right before bed and I sleep fine. One person I know says they cant drink even one cup of coffee or they will get a panic attack. It just depends on the person.

SuperStressed

That's actually not healthy, he might suffer from insomnia and heart problems later. You should tell him about it or better visit a doc. I would advise checking this page just to let you know that sleep disorders are very serious and hard to treat. Also I would recommend drinking coffee at least two hours before sleep, at least that's how I drink it.
:rolleyes:

GreekDemiGod

I've successfully tested a "coke before bed", actually it was 1-2 hr or so before bed, just after dinner since I remembered another thread of someone who got morning erections if he drank a coke the night before. And I slept just well.