One Of The Gang - Still Searching

Momentum

Hello fellow health pursuers! Never giving up! Piecing the puzzle. Hoping to glean, hoping to help.
If you have fatigue, MS, Fibro, MCAS, MCS, CFS, EDS, Dysautotomia, PCOS, POTS, IIH, Lyme, fibroids, headache, dizziness, etc. Hopefully, you can help me or I can help you.

Found this site due to searching "most bio-available magnesium". Lead me to the Haidut's thread on Magnoil, ironically to the specific post on Mag-a-hol.

A little about me:
Low energy kid, somewhat hypermobile (EDS?)
Puberty: Migraines and symptoms of PCOS, discovered I kill watch batteries in one year or less, just like my grandmother - in 20's discovered MSG, Nitrates, Brewer's and Nutritional yeast (not regular yeast) were migraine triggers
20's - Tired, insomnia, not digesting protein, , appendix area pain, gall bladder removed, hyper-pigmentation of vermilion began
30's - + Symptoms of hypothyroid, Metabolic syndrome. Began sleep meds
40's - In great shape as a kick boxer (with above symptoms), eating very well. Complete health crash after moving into a brand new house (my guess is the VOC's through me over the edge). Joint, bone, fascia and muscle pain through the roof, 24/7 parasthesia, complete fatigue, MCS, slurred and stuttered speech, partial left side paralysis, stumbling, dysautomia, cardiac disorders, IC (interstitial cystitis), loss of balance, noise and light sensitive, brain fog, amnesia, POTS, overnight menopause - I mean zero sex hormones.
50's - almost a complete recovery, then a set back, now new symptoms

Many of you will identify:
In my 30's westerns docs, after minimal labs, just told me I was "tired". So I went to ND's. Back in my 30's it was Candida, then heavy metals. After my crash, everything in my research led me to thyroid and adrenal fatigue symptoms. Went to an endo who was offended that I suggest certain tests, and he diagnosed me with MS. (BTW - my a.m. cortisol was 0.2 points above an Addison's diagnosis.) Read a book by a bio-chemist who was dx'd with MS, and convinced her doc to put her on Armour and Hydrocortisol (with "normal" labs), she went into remission. I flew to her doc, same happened for me - I felt better than I had ever in my life....for a year. Then backwards I went. Now going to ND's and functional medicine doctors; spending a fortune. Did a year's worth of elimination diet, cleanses, detoxes, chelating, all kinds of IV therapy, etc. $$$$$$$
Got tested for Lyme and co's around 10 years ago. Ran Lyme test through Igenex, came back borderline positive. Ran co-infections through LabCorp - and I came back positive (rare, huh?). By then I was also testing positive for Hashi's and Sjogren's.

*After about 18 months on Armour, (about the time of their reformulation) I started having horrible headaches, dizziness, horrific depression. My RT3 was quite high. Doc switched me to Cytomel and I never looked back. Completely awesome thyroid med.

So my focus for the last 10 or so years has been mainly on killing Lyme, but not always.

What I have found has helped me:
Iodine - I began mega dosing iodine 10 years ago (along with selenium). When I began I started with 1 drop on a Monday, 2 on Tuesday,,,,5 on Friday. OMG - I had a strong metallic taste in my mouth, swollen salivary glands, constant saliva production. Thought, "I don't think I need iodine". Circled back to it a year later after finding out the iodine was pushing out toxins. I increased dosage by one drop every 3 days, up to 100 mg. I have stayed on the dosage pretty much ever since (have played a bit). Changes? After a year I started digesting protein. After several years I no longer needed thyroid meds, in fact, it reversed my Hashi's. And my stomach lining is much stronger. Three years ago, I had been eating a horrible diet, not taking care of myself at all. Two years ago decided to get back on track and wanted baseline labs. Expected to be horrible, maybe diabetic at least pre-diabetic. Basic labs came back awesome. Fasting blood glucose 79 all the others basics were good. The ONLY thing I continued to do during that time was take iodine.

MSM - Started this 10 years (wish I had stayed on it). Being the guinea pig that I am, and wanting to know if it had an effect, I started day 1 with 1 teaspoon, day 2 with 2 teaspoons, day 3 with 3 ---- that afternoon I started shaking. Hmmm, I was picking up thyroid hormone. MSM was doing what it should - making cells more fluid, permeable and cleaning up receptors. I actually had to stop taking thyroid for about a week, while my cells used up the excess in my blood. I worked up to two tablespoons for several months, then backed down to 2 teaspoons. After about 15 months I went from being a phlebotomist worst nightmare (actually had a picc line at one time because my veins were so bad) to having amazing veins! I eventually stopped MSM because I still had so many other symptoms, and I was so tired of gagging it down. Recently, I believe this was a huge mistake.

Killing Lyme - well, that would probably be very controversial on any forum. I will say that I did many things that improved my health. And then I did one thing that got me to the point where I felt great! But it's a downright miserable protocol. I re-visted my former Lyme groups to tell of my success and I learned about another, much easier protocol. So, since I was 95% healthy, figured another month I'd be cured, I tested the other protocol to see if I herxed. Boy, did I. So I switched. Within 6 weeks, I was flat on my back sicker than I'd been in years. It took me a year just to somewhat function again. And since then I still haven't gone back to the protocol that worked for me, but I will.

Recently, still dealing with many symptoms, I've been really struggling with a very persistent headache. The end of September our grown daughter's 7 year old dog was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. Our daughter works full time and commutes 90 minutes each way. Me, the ubber geek mom, offered to care for her dog and try to beat the terminal cancer. Sadly, with all of my knowledge, I was not successful in reversing the cancer. Mainly, I believe, because there were too many days that we couldn't get treatments into her due to vomiting or another issue. Not being able to communicate was a huge issue. While constantly researching cancer, I came across information that also applied to my health. And possibly an answer as to why some of us get sick and others not so much - with the same exposure. Hopefully, the great sadness in losing a beloved pet, may have brought info to help me.

As far as my diet? I've done it all. Right now, I just eat whole food, made from scratch. Organic when possible. I somewhat avoid nightshades as they trigger my IC. I try to get in more veggies, I do eat meat (usually elk or other than husband hunts). Working on getting in more broths.

Working my way through RP's information.

I will begin a new thread regarding my questions. Thank you all if you made it to the end :):

Last edited: