Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSir

Where do you people come from? How do you even get this retarded thinking into your head? You should thank the almighty lord for your libido every day of your life.
There are profound reasons behind why most spiritual, medicinal, mystic, occult, yogic and Taoist schools of thought of the past few thousands of years up until the sexual revolution of the 20th century have cautioned against masturbation and sexual excess in general. Viewing masturbation as a healthy and beneficial activity is a very new phenomenon, and like many medicinal ideas that have emerged in recent times, likely completely wrong. Numerous geniuses, intellectuals, innovators, conquerors, artists and other great men of the past, from Tesla to Benjamin Franklin to Newton to Muhammad Ali to Miles Davis to Da Vinci have talked about the importance of sexual continence. Almost no one worthy of a mention has talked about the importance of sexual indulgence.

The Lord did not give you libido for you to carelessly spill your seed. He gave it to you so that you would give birth to life, either within you or without you.

Frequent masturbation lowers testosterone utilization:
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...xual-Satiety-and-Brain-Androgen-Receptors.pdf

Three weeks of abstinence increases testostorone levels:
Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence. - PubMed - NCBI

Catholic priests have lower prostate cancer mortality due to celibacy:
Prostate cancer mortality among Catholic priests. - PubMed - NCBI
Retrospective cohort mortality study of Roman Catholic priests. - PubMed - NCBI

Men who are sexually active in their 20s and 30s are more likely to develop prostate cancer:
Masturbation May Increase Risk of Prostate Cancer | Live Science

Sperm contains compounds that prolong lifespan, fight cancer & heart disease:
Spermidine-rich foods may prevent liver cancer, extend lifespan - Vital Record

Making sperm shortens lifespan of male worms:
In Worm, at Least, Making Sperm Is Found to Shorten a Male's Life

Last edited:

redsun

There are profound reasons behind why most spiritual, medicinal, mystic, occult, yogic and Taoist schools of thought of the past few thousands of years up until the sexual revolution of the 20th century have cautioned against masturbation and sexual excess in general. Viewing masturbation as a healthy and beneficial activity is a very new phenomenon, and like many medicinal ideas that have emerged in recent times, likely completely wrong. Numerous geniuses, intellectuals, innovators, conquerors, artists and other great men of the past, from Tesla to Benjamin Franklin to Newton to Muhammad Ali to Miles Davis to Da Vinci have talked about the importance of sexual continence. Almost no one worthy of a mention has talked about the importance of sexual indulgence.

The Lord did not give you libido for you to carelessly spill your seed. He gave it to you so that you would give birth to life, either within you or without you.

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...xual-Satiety-and-Brain-Androgen-Receptors.pdf

Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence. - PubMed - NCBI

Men who are sexually active in their 20s and 30s are more likely to develop prostate cancer:

You are hysterical, clearly forgot our last conservation. I already shot down your moralistic babbling and religious beliefs months ago in another thread. Still on that train though it seems. I am not dealing with your religious nonsense again. Read my replies to you from months ago again, maybe just maybe it'll click in your head. Though I don't see how truth can penetrate into a skull poisoned by manmade rules.

TheSir

You are hysterical, clearly forgot our last conservation. I already shot down your moralistic babbling and religious beliefs months ago in another thread. Still on that train though it seems. I am not dealing with your religious nonsense again. Read my replies to you from months ago again, maybe just maybe it'll click in your head. Though I don't see how truth can penetrate into a skull poisoned by manmade rules.
As you wish, no harm done.

thank you.

T

TheBeard

Does anyone here have this? I do. I thought I felt bad because I was just becoming a teen. Then at 25 I got too hypothyroid to care about sex with low T and libido. Each passing month I felt better and suddenly my depression just lifted. Unfortunately now I am too high T, DHEA-S (I assume due to me becomming hyperthyroid) so my libido is so high that even if I avoid M and sex I get wet dreams so I feel terrible the next few days. Even worse I have high DHT so avoiding orgasm enlarges my prostate. My only hope is somehow treating my thyroid (antithyroid drugs give me stomach aches) and lowering my libido/T/DHT so I can avoid release and hence be depression-free and confident. Note, I didn't know about NoFap back then. What does Ray say about stuff like these?

Are you guessing your hormone levels by how you feel?

TheSir

thank you.
TheSir lives to serve. Unfortunately I lost about half of the studies I had gathered when my HDD crashed. Their conclusions leaned to the same general direction: frequent ejaculation leads to unfavorable hormonal responses and adaptions, whereas abstinence to hormonal optimization and increased general wellbeing. In addition, here are a few of assorted related reads that you may appreciate.

Attachments

• 1567212344702.jpg
    1567212344702.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 1560860121628.png
    1560860121628.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 1554750898230.png
    1554750898230.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 1532766675163.png
    1532766675163.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 67kty.png
    67kty.png
    218.8 KB · Views: 55

CLASH

TheSir lives to serve. Unfortunately I lost about half of the studies I had gathered when my HDD crashed. Their conclusions leaned to the same general direction: frequent ejaculation leads to unfavorable hormonal responses and adaptions, whereas abstinence to hormonal optimization and increased general wellbeing. In addition, here are a few of assorted related reads that you may appreciate.

ahh, you are wonderful, thank you @TheSir

Purely anecdotal but I noticed much increased well being from semen retention.

I've noticed that after ejaculation my motivation/ determination/ambition/ drive/ sense of connection to a higher purpose takes a nose dive for a day or two.

I've never had post orgasmic illness or anything like that but overtime I randomly started to notice the decreased mental function following ejaculation and decided to experiment with it after reading about it in ancient texts such as the Tao and hearing about accomplished men such as @TheSir has mentioned avoiding ejaculation. I also saw anecdotal evidence from alot of guys online such as @ecstatichamster talking about the benefits, so I figured why not try it.

Then once I stopped ejaculating (I still have sex regularly tho) I really started to notice the benefits. Out of all the methods I saw to practice semen retention, I liked the Taoist methods the best. Currently I'm slowly working on seperating my orgasm from my ejaculation.

My decision had nothing to do with religion or spirituality, it was purely based on my experience. I never though masturbation was sinful or anything like that but I can see why different groups label it as such. I think its easier to label something as sinful and imply an element of guilt or shame on people to get most of them to comply than it is to logically explain something to them, especially when conditioning the young. This is partly why I gravitated towards the taoist methods as opposed to others, there was less shame involved, more of a logical explanation (although a bit woo woo) and also provides a solution beyond just abstinence of sex and masturbation (I do abstain from the latter and have for years but only because I've had consistent relationships, not for nofap, religious reasons or anything like that).

Aymen

nice finding, do you have a study showing the results of 2-3 months abstinence?

I've noticed that after ejaculation my motivation/ determination/ambition/ drive/ sense of connection to a higher purpose takes a nose dive for a day or two.

I've never had post orgasmic illness or anything like that but overtime I randomly started to notice the decreased mental function following ejaculation and decided to experiment with it after reading about it in ancient texts such as the Tao and hearing about accomplished men such as @TheSir has mentioned avoiding ejaculation. I also saw anecdotal evidence from alot of guys online such as @ecstatichamster talking about the benefits, so I figured why not try it.

Then once I stopped ejaculating (I still have sex regularly tho) I really started to notice the benefits. Out of all the methods I saw to practice semen retention, I liked the Taoist methods the best. Currently I'm slowly working on seperating my orgasm from my ejaculation.

My decision had nothing to do with religion or spirituality, it was purely based on my experience. I never though masturbation was sinful or anything like that but I can see why different groups label it as such. I think its easier to label something as sinful and imply an element of guilt or shame on people to get most of them to comply than it is to logically explain something to them, especially when conditioning the young. This is partly why I gravitated towards the taoist methods as opposed to others, there was less shame involved, more of a logical explanation (although a bit woo woo) and also provides a solution beyond just abstinence of sex and masturbation (I do abstain from the latter and have for years but only because I've had consistent relationships, not for nofap, religious reasons or anything like that).

the reason I did it was that it is so much more pleasurable. It has made my whole life so much better. I have a lot of sex and a wonderful fantastic relationship with my wife that is better than ever and I have abundance in life that comes from having a lot of sex. The sex is 100 times more pleasurable than anything ever.

I have run into people with post orgasmic issues and it isn't all that rare. But less often noticed are what @CLASH points out -- and it makes a huge difference in life that we mostly never notice but affects us greatly -- less motivation, more frustration, less accomplishment, poorer workouts, etc. etc. etc.

Aymen

the reason I did it was that it is so much more pleasurable. It has made my whole life so much better. I have a lot of sex and a wonderful fantastic relationship with my wife that is better than ever and I have abundance in life that comes from having a lot of sex. The sex is 100 times more pleasurable than anything ever.
dear hamster, how to have a lot of sex without making the partner pregnant?
do you have to use a new condom everyday?
is there a way to use the pull out method without getting the partner pregnant?

dear hamster, how to have a lot of sex without making the partner pregnant?
do you have to use a new condom everyday?
is there a way to use the pull out method without getting the partner pregnant?

I don't use condoms anymore because my wife is post menopausal.

What I would do if I had to use them, is glue them on with a cosmetic glue used for gluing on things to skin. That would keep the condom secure for a long period of intercourse.

You could use the pull-out method. The pre-cum that a man often secretes prior to ejaculation has no sperm in it unless the man has ejaculated within the last few days, in which case live sperm may be in his urethra and ejected to make a woman pregnant even if he does not ejaculate.

So that could be an issue. And of course, you could come even if you don't intend to. So I would be careful about using it for birth control, although it can be done.

TheSir

Yes, very relatable! Though the experience is difficult to accurately describe, simply put, on semen retention, life becomes smoother. You try less, yet more is given to you. The effects are simultaneously subtle and all-pervading.

nice finding, do you have a study showing the results of 2-3 months abstinence?
I don't know if such studies exist. It would be excellent if someone thoroughly studied the metabolic consequences of long term abstinence. The best we have for now is the empirical proto-scientific knowledge gathered by numerous generations and cultures of the past, which is kind of tricky to interpret because of its lack of objectivity.

Aymen

I don't use condoms anymore because my wife is post menopausal.

What I would do if I had to use them, is glue them on with a cosmetic glue used for gluing on things to skin. That would keep the condom secure for a long period of intercourse.

You could use the pull-out method. The pre-cum that a man often secretes prior to ejaculation has no sperm in it unless the man has ejaculated within the last few days, in which case live sperm may be in his urethra and ejected to make a woman pregnant even if he does not ejaculate.

So that could be an issue. And of course, you could come even if you don't intend to. So I would be careful about using it for birth control, although it can be done.
Thank you for this answer.

Aymen

Yes, very relatable! Though the experience is difficult to accurately describe, simply put, on semen retention, life becomes smoother. You try less, yet more is given to you. The effects are simultaneously subtle and all-pervading.

I don't know if such studies exist. It would be excellent if someone thoroughly studied the metabolic consequences of long term abstinence. The best we have for now is the empirical proto-scientific knowledge gathered by numerous generations and cultures of the past, which is kind of tricky to interpret because of its lack of objectivity.
what do you think about this article? Solo practise for men - All About Tantra

TheSir

what do you think about this article? Solo practise for men - All About Tantra
There are traditionally two approaches to celibacy:

1) brahmacharya, which is complete celibacy in thought and action. You abstain from all lust (which doesn't mean that you deny your sexuality), in order to avoid converting your vital energies into sexual energies, which are viewed as being lower forms of energy and difficult to transmute back into higher energies. Brahmacharis believe that lust-free celibacy leads to accumulation of ojas, which is said to be the highest kind of spiritual energy that is stored in the brain. The ojas allegedly nourish a specific nerve within the brain, the maturation of which is said to take 12 years of pure retention and eventually lead to enlightenment.

2) Taoist/tantric/non-ejaculatory sex, proponents of which believe that sex without ejaculation is superior to complete celibacy. Some ancient tanrists believed in the benefits of entering up to ten different women in a single night without ejaculating, feasting on the invigorating sexual energies of each of them. Tantrists incorporate several kinds of compensatory meditative and qi-related dynamic exercises that are intended to balance out the accumulated sexual energy after intercourse and to evenly distribute the energies throughout the nervous system, in order to avoid ending up with unhealthy accumulation of sexual energy in the pelvis (which, I suppose, could eventually lead to diseases like prostate cancer).

I don't really know which one anybody should choose in any particular context. My personal practice could be compared to brahmacharya, because I find it to be more straightforward, as your only objectives is to avoid lust.

boris

Well, ray believes thyroid would raise people from the grave,
:rolling that's true

but being hyperthyroid is as bad as being hypo. Take ten cups of coffee at once. That’s how hyper people feel. But good point, what anti-thyroid drugs did you take OP?

Wild guess: carbimazol. They hand them out like candies.

Like Ray says, if it really were hyperthyroidism, the symptoms would quickly go away after taking anti thyroid meds. But eating some cabbage (goitrogenic) would do the trick too.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

Yes, there’s also a reason people have lived in slavery, serfdom and feudalism for thousands of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals