Pseudoephedrine Before Bed For Nasal Congestion?

maillol

It'll keep you awake. Congestion for me is usually low blood sugar. Try having some fruit/honey/carbs.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I found that high dose aspirin cleared my nose. 1g twice a day. My nose used to be congested, runny, itchy, etc, etc, and aspirin cured that for me. Perfect breathing now.

Vinny

I found that high dose aspirin cleared my nose. 1g twice a day. My nose used to be congested, runny, itchy, etc, etc, and aspirin cured that for me. Perfect breathing now.
Hans,
Why, in first place, we get that condition? It happens to me sometimes, the left nostril always, and Im clueless what makes it better or worse.
Second, why would aspirin help to deal with it?
Thanks

redsun

Hans,
Why, in first place, we get that condition? It happens to me sometimes, the left nostril always, and Im clueless what makes it better or worse.
Thanks

Reactions to certain foods may cause it. The usual treatment are adrenergic agonists (hence the OP talking about pseudoephedrine) because adrenaline antagonizes histamine. The issue can be histamine related. So the typical outdoor allergies or allergies to foods or intolerance to food or foods causing gut irritation just based on the properties of the food can be contributing.

It does not necessarily mean you have high histamine, receptors can just be very sensitive because your histamine levels are too low all the time. Anything that increases the effects of noradrenaline and adrenaline will reduce it. Also things that increase CO2 production.

This is why exercise like running will clear the nasal passages quickly, because there is increased CO2 formation from physical activity and noradrenaline and adrenaline rises in response to exercise.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans,
Thanks
Like Redsun mentioned, certain foods could cause this. Potato peels are a big offender for me so I have to peel mine. It's also mostly my left nostril lol. So I'd say in my case that it is gut irritation. Although I don't physically get symptoms of gut irritation, such as bloating, burping, flatulence, etc., I get nasal congestion.

Vinny

Reactions to certain foods may cause it. The usual treatment are adrenergic agonists (hence the OP talking about pseudoephedrine) because adrenaline antagonizes histamine. The issue can be histamine related. So the typical outdoor allergies or allergies to foods or intolerance to food or foods causing gut irritation just based on the properties of the food can be contributing.

It does not necessarily mean you have high histamine, receptors can just be very sensitive because your histamine levels are too low all the time. Anything that increases the effects of noradrenaline and adrenaline will reduce it. Also things that increase CO2 production.

This is why exercise like running will clear the nasal passages quickly, because there is increased CO2 formation from physical activity and noradrenaline and adrenaline rises in response to exercise.
It happens during the night, day time Im mostly fine.
In the night: no adrenergic activity, low CO2 production, hence exacerbates during that time - am I getting it right?
Thanks

Vinny

Like Redsun mentioned, certain foods could cause this. Potato peels are a big offender for me so I have to peel mine. It's also mostly my left nostril lol. So I'd say in my case that it is gut irritation. Although I don't physically get symptoms of gut irritation, such as bloating, burping, flatulence, etc., I get nasal congestion.
I also, normally, don't get symptoms of gut irritation. However, does aspirin fix the gut? Is this the reason you used it?
Thanks

Hans

Forum Supporter
I also, normally, don't get symptoms of gut irritation. However, does aspirin fix the gut? Is this the reason you used it?
Thanks
I'm actually using it at the moment as an experiment to boost androgens. There is a study that shows that 2g daily greatly increased T levels, so I'm trying that.

redsun

It happens during the night, day time Im mostly fine.
In the night: no adrenergic activity, low CO2 production, hence exacerbates during that time - am I getting it right?
Thanks

Yeh there is less adrenergic activity at night, and when you sleep there is almost none. I have noticed at times when I eat strange foods I usually dont eat, like more fiber-rich ones or just highly allergenic foods I can get this issue even though I may not experience any actual gut irritation from foods it can still affect the immune system.

Vinny

I'm actually using it at the moment as an experiment to boost androgens. There is a study that shows that 2g daily greatly increased T levels, so I'm trying that.
Very interesting, hope you post the results!

OP
R

ReSTART

Theophylline is interesting, it's not a decongestant but a bronchodilator for asthma

success23

It's a stimulant, no?...diphenhydramine clears your nose and makes u drowsy

Wtf? I am sure it's a good idea but why?

I saw it on a youtube comment. If i remember correctly it increases CO2 in the body and that leads to better oxygenation and that influences the immune system and it does the trick.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals