Music

Terma

Thank you for clarifying on the nuances of my blatant faggotry, that's a very delicate touch you have :P

Whoa I never said Falcon 4.0 was my favorite game, lol. That thing crashed every 5 minutes on Windows 98 so it was hard to enjoy. But you nailed the Propagandhi reference:

About Jennifer: I think we achieved something new today. Isn't it fun when things go boom? :P

It could just be her browser, going by odds. You could ask her to try a different one.

Terma

I had a firefox (Tor Browser) glitch on page 16 where it hanged forever, not sure but it might be a javascript glitch.

(topical DHEA + pregnenolone + 1/4tsp beta-alanine + 800mcg histidine + 1/4tsp tyrosine + sugar + potassium bicarb alone plus a little beef+rice earlier - were able to rescue this day from pure misery after barely sleeping the last 3... where were these all my life? I love this ***t)

Last edited:
My music preferences haven't really changed at all prior to "Peating" vs. now. Instead of explaining what music I like, just look at my playlist if anyone's interested:

Music - YouTube

A lot of the music I like resonates with memories I have of past songs/the past in general, but I sometimes find new things that can be appealing too.

It appears a lot of the music I like is by women/female artists as well (didn't quite notice this until now clearly). I add this because a lot of guys I've seen tend to do the opposite (listen mostly to male artists rather than female ones, when I'm more the opposite, whatever you can make of that).

Last edited:

Terma

Oh ***t lol, I never actually listened to the original for that Simpsons reference (Waylon Smithers). You just completed a part of my life!

Actually apart from vengaboys (little tough to love that one, sorry I remember when it came out :P) some of those might work well on a special day, up my alley

[You reminded me though I haven't been listening to enough 90s-2k dance, some of this was feel-good gold:]

Last edited:

Waremu

I've gone through so many stages in my musical taste, enjoying music from almost every type of genre. Was heavy into metal and rock, then moved to post rock, then more electronic stuff. Oddly, the only music I really listen to know is a lot of classical music, or electronic music, and sometimes still metal (children of bodom, etc.) for my heavy weight training days, but not so much outside of athletic stuff really, anymore). I really have grown to hate the watered down new popular music of today. Can't stand it. I like a lot of underground independent stuff as well. My musical taste is very wide and diverse.

Currently on a binge of Black Empire Sun (electronic type music). Loving their stuff; a few of their songs:

Still love post-rock instrumental stuff too. Especially on my relaxing meditative days. God is an Astronaut is one of my favorites:

The Icelandic band, Sigur Ros, I also enjoy:

Sigur Ros - Glósóli [Official Music Video]

Beruit:

Sunday Smile Beirut

And many types of classical/piano music:

YouTube

Philip Glass - Truman Sleeps (Extended Version)

CHOPIN - Nocturne Op.9 No2 (60 min) Piano Classical Music Concentration Studying Reading Background

Terma

I barely heard BSE before, but first 10 mins of that show makes for awesome work music so far. It's very effective, I have to youtube-dl that (2GB). (The 90s/pop stuff just makes me want to get wasted - best enjoyed that way)

Terma

Oh god I loved the 90s, guys. You know that child-like state you guys talk about all the time? I know exactly what that is. It's the 90s. And couple other things at the same time.

Last edited:

Terma

I miss Warrel Dane so much already, the man probably never wrote a verse sober in his life (died at 56):

warrel-cats.jpg

Picture yourself comfortably euphoric, walking through a supermarket like it's a land of marshmallows, hearing this like it's the most beautiful love song you've ever heard. (I'll admit the album cover is a little disturbing in contrast, but it's effective)

Last edited:

Amazoniac

- Mr. Big - Green-tinted sixties mind (acoustic)

It's thanks to Paul Gilbert that I started the ethnical variations of names, if I remember it right, he presented himself once as Paolo Gilberto (or something similar) and I thought it was funny. When you modify people's names, it often makes them to question how generic their existence is and how their life would've been different if they were born in other circumstances. A decent beginner's exercise is latinizing members (but always leaving it clear that they're legals).

This has nothing to do with prolactinese, the democratic language. Prolactinoma is not a prerequisite, everyone can learn and you can speed up the process by depleting calcium for example. The only risk in becoming fluent is having trouble forming basic sentences in other languages, but since it's not associated with any nation and communication is simplified for dispensing coherence, it's suitable for international use and the brain energy spared applied on a new hobby.

Isn't is the make of the fool is yourself will is mask err and ors? People that aren't familiar with it won't know for sure where the humor and dementia division line is at, and when you're crossing it, allowing you to navigate safely on all territories regardless of your current unopposed garrettonin level. I might launch a course in the future in case there's a demand for it, but willn't is need'd in my opinion. However, if there's a poison/"vitamin" A depletion program on the market, I can probably release anything that there will be buyers.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

But the advantages of prolactinese doesn't stop there.

Since we all enjoy feeling special and appreciated, trying to persuade others of it is not only conceivable, but suggestioning is something expected (whether it's through virtuosity, kindnity or something trivial like a woman wearing make-up). This international language ends up being a liberating favor for humanity because it forces speakers by way of counterintuitive daily exercises to go against such impulse of convincing others that you're worthy or more, it shatters the ego and allows gurus to experience vulnerability. When it's realized that people are indifferent to your silliness, the priorities are redefined and your interactions can be more honest. Guards will drop when threat is not sensed, mistakes apprehension disappears, comfort builds up, and there might even be the feeling of others liking you for the way you is.

However, if you're into impressing others, it will serve to lower their expectations/standards and everything onwards is gainz. It's democratic after all.

If those weren't enough, it's also disclaimer on its own: your credibility is already being questioned from the start without having to word it. This is the pineapple of sophistication: when it's so smooth that it's made imperceptible.

Yet it's more than making medical disclaimers unnecessary, it's a contribution to people's intellectual development. When your information can't be trusted, they have to produce the reason on how much of it they're willing to accept, and work from there on their own.

You should try it some day, it's free (only the courses might be paid).

Prolactinese, because fearless communication brings us together.

Last edited:

Terma

Anonymity was nice sometimes, for that reason: removes the anchor for the blind trust. And the local authorities. It's nice to forgo the ball & chain concept of reputation. Doesn't help you get used to vulnerability, and you don't receive a lot of cute names, although sometimes they're marginally creative. It has been difficult though, to find that elusive oasis of collaborative anonymity that isn't a training ground for militants to an outright cesspool. So you learn to love the cesspool. This works out fine as long as you are morally incorruptible (or you don't need morals) and do not suffer from anxiety or any other human disorders (including being human).

Or people could do it your way (a lot of familiar words there), with names and all that. Thanks for the free class. That "lower their expectations" bit is essential for all of us who were following the Jack Sparrow philosophy.

Last edited:

Teres

@Amazoniac , if you try to twist people's names with the aid of nationality-specific suffixes, you'll find out how pleasant it can be. If we take your username for example as a surname, if you allow, Amazonyan would be Armenian, Amazonakis/Amazonopoulos (Greek), Amazonov (Bugarian), Amazonenko (Ukrainian/Russian), Amazonoglu (Turkish), Amazonsky (Polish/Russian), Amazonovitch (Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian/Russian) Amazonadze/Amazonshvilli (Georgian), Amazonezze/Amazonelli (Italian), Amazonescu (Romanian), Al-Amazon (Arabic?) and so many others I haven't but you may have heard of. Provoking one's imagination to put himself in the skin of a [pick nationality] version of him can be fun and motivating to learn about other peoples. Put an Arabic suffix at the end of the name of someone you know. The less it makes sense, the better. Grape-flavoured ethanol in abundant quantities can drive things a bit out of control. So culturally enriching.

Amazoniac

Anonymity was nice sometimes, for that reason: removes the anchor for the blind trust. And the local authorities. It's nice to forgo the ball & chain concept of reputation. Doesn't help you get used to vulnerability, and you don't receive a lot of cute names, although sometimes they're marginally creative. It has been difficult though, to find that elusive oasis of collaborative anonymity that isn't a training ground for militants to an outright cesspool. So you learn to love the cesspool. This works out fine as long as you are morally incorruptible (or you don't need morals) and do not suffer from anxiety or any other human disorders (including being human).

Or people could do it your way (a lot of familiar words there), with names and all that. Thanks for the free class. That "lower their expectations" bit is essential for all of us who were following the Jack Sparrow philosophy.
I guess that a community tends to self-organize because for people to fit in and belong, they have to do the know on where and how, so everyone falls into place naturally and it's difficult to fight the hierarchy formed, there will be those who are more knowledgeable, smarter, stronger, richer, etc. If it's an anonymous community, identity attribution will occur nevertheless, it's tough to escape this.

If living systems tend towards collapse like Alberto once remark'd, it requires a continuous effort to maintain them; easier to destruct than construct. It's not a coincidence that company owners feel that they can't afford distraction or their business starts going downhill, and fast.

I'm mentioning this because it requires humility from those on a privileged place not to take advantage of it, they're the ones who have to be noble enough to disintegrate this notion every time it starts forming. Leaders probably went through difficult times to get there, so it would only justify for followers to go their own way when there's a greater compelling force. Intelligent and confident ones sometimes encourage autonomy, and what happens unexpectedly is that the followers don't feel trapped and end up becoming loyal; they inspire people to grow instead of move, so it makes sense to stay around. Conservely, you'll find those who are insecure enough to create programs to train other professionals to become mini mes, it's a giant net of dependency and a clever strategy for targeting a relatively higher level in hierarchy, meaning that the reach is much broader. It may not be malintentioned, but it's often an attempt to guarantee and reinforce their position. You can spot elements that characterize these intentions, nowadays it's easy to teach others without the attachment.

But I guess that a risk in such kind of exercise is desensitizing yourself to shame, which can't be good in a functional community, you'll be flirting with insanity. As you know, politeness and manners involve censorship. I remember lampofallofthereds mentioning that society tries to keep you in check and you're constantly being polished, but it's because expansiveness can be too invasive, which can be disrespectful because you're ignoring the existence of the collective, and this cluelessness can also be perceived as a potential threat to order; living in groups requires sacrifices because how much of your needs will be met may depend on the needs of the rest, this applies to people, organs, cells, etc.
@Amazoniac , if you try to twist people's names with the aid of nationality-specific suffixes, you'll find out how pleasant it can be. If we take your username for example as a surname, if you allow, Amazonyan would be Armenian, Amazonakis/Amazonopoulos (Greek), Amazonov (Bugarian), Amazonenko (Ukrainian/Russian), Amazonoglu (Turkish), Amazonsky (Polish/Russian), Amazonovitch (Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian/Russian) Amazonadze/Amazonshvilli (Georgian), Amazonezze/Amazonelli (Italian), Amazonescu (Romanian), Al-Amazon (Arabic?) and so many others I haven't but you may have heard of. Provoking one's imagination to put himself in the skin of a [pick nationality] version of him can be fun and motivating to learn about other peoples. Put an Arabic suffix at the end of the name of someone you know. The less it makes sense, the better. Grape-flavoured ethanol in abundant quantities can drive things a bit out of control. So culturally enriching.
:lol:

That's the spirit, you're a pro, Teresito. I might adopt the al-Ma'ahzoniakh. Would Conrad Elvenhjem or Farrokh Bulsara approve?

You've just revealed the region where you live, and the avatar doesn't help much. In my cynical practice I emphasize the americas not because it's my location, but because countries gradually lose importance as they is approach the globe is northeast.

Last edited:

Peatful

Kanye’s new album.

Any listeners?
If so, what are your thoughts?
Favorite track?

If you didn’t listen-
Because of Kayne or the content?

Gone Peating

I don't like musical instruments much these days

I only really like listening to the human voice sing I think only the voice can be produced purely from our souls something not possible with instruments, this doesn't make them "bad" though of course, it's just that our voices are more special

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals