Urea And Niacinamide Topically For Dishydrotic Eczema

Inaut

Hey,

So i've been using niacinamide and urea in a water solution on my hands (pesky dishydrotic eczema) and it seems to be working better then anything i've tried so far. Shea butter cleared it up for a bit but then it came back with a vengeance. I'm quite happy with the results.

My mixture is the following:

50ml of distilled water
1/2 teaspoon of urea powder
500 mg of niacinamide from capsule

The first time I applied it, the skin burned somewhat but when I awoke the next morning, inflammation and redness was down substantially.

tankasnowgod

Hey,

So i've been using niacinamide and urea in a water solution on my hands (pesky dishydrotic eczema) and it seems to be working better then anything i've tried so far. Shea butter cleared it up for a bit but then it came back with a vengeance. I'm quite happy with the results.

My mixture is the following:

50ml of distilled water
1/2 teaspoon of urea powder
500 mg of niacinamide from capsule

The first time I applied it, the skin burned somewhat but when I awoke the next morning, inflammation and redness was down substantially.

Awesome. Both great substances for the skin. Out of curiosity..... do you notice any smell from the Urea?

managing

I found that a few hours after Urea (USP) orally or topically, I became irresistibly sleepy and had to sleep for an hour or two.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Not in the urea department sadly @Cloudhands. I haven’t used urea in combination lately tbh.

What I find extremely easy and effective for eczema which I think @Dave Clark mentioned in another post is simply adding methylene blue to a regular moisturizer/cream. Surprised how effective it is and no staining. I’ve added MB to herbacin chamomile hand cream and it’s working well

Tks Dave :)

Not in the urea department sadly @Cloudhands. I haven’t used urea in combination lately tbh.

What I find extremely easy and effective for eczema which I think @Dave Clark mentioned in another post is simply adding methylene blue to a regular moisturizer/cream. Surprised how effective it is and no staining. I’ve added MB to herbacin chamomile hand cream and it’s working well

how much do you add

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Id say I added 15 drops to the tube. No staining at all.

Cloudhands

do u consume large amounts of cocoa or great lakes collagen?
how do u manage your zinc status?

Dave Clark

Inaut, I recently bought some urea from HN and wanted to make some creams for topical use. Do you, or anyone for that matter, know when they say 10% or 40% cream, are they referring to % weight or volume? Thanks.

Korven

Inaut, I recently bought some urea from HN and wanted to make some creams for topical use. Do you, or anyone for that matter, know when they say 10% or 40% cream, are they referring to % weight or volume? Thanks.

Pretty sure they are referring to % weight, i.e 10% = 10 grams dissolved in 100 grams cream/liquid/vehicle.

Love using urea for skincare: it's "peat approved", a fantastic moisturizing and keratolytic agent and has some very nice properties for repairing skin barrier Urea uptake enhances barrier function and antimicrobial defense in humans by regulating epidermal gene expression.

Usually mix some with water and glycerin for a simple moisturizing toner kind of thing.

Dave Clark

Pretty sure they are referring to % weight, i.e 10% = 10 grams dissolved in 100 grams cream/liquid/vehicle.

Love using urea for skincare: it's "peat approved", a fantastic moisturizing and keratolytic agent and has some very nice properties for repairing skin barrier Urea uptake enhances barrier function and antimicrobial defense in humans by regulating epidermal gene expression.

Usually mix some with water and glycerin for a simple moisturizing toner kind of thing.
Thanks, appreciate that. I am going to play with it. I sort of thought it would be weight, but I would of been guessing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals