Monoprotein Bread Or No Protein If Given The Choice?

If the only protein you had access to was bread, would you eat it for the protein or avoid it for the phosphate, gluten, etc?

You'd eat it, right? Adequate protein is better than inadequate protein as a fundamental foundation of good health regardless of attached complicating chemicals across the board, I'm of the opinion.

What do you guys think is more valuable... 1) adding adequate protein to an inadequate amount of protein OR 2) avoiding the endocrine disruptors put out by this nutritionally void food?

I'm talking about supermarket whole wheat bread... Not homemade sourdough or some magical, nutrient-laden yeast handsoup of the 1700s. If it were high quality bread then I'd absolutely eat it without hesitation.

If the only protein you had access to was bread, would you eat it for the protein or avoid it for the phosphate, gluten, etc?

You'd eat it, right? Adequate protein is better than inadequate protein as a fundamental foundation of good health regardless of attached complicating chemicals across the board, I'm of the opinion.

What do you guys think is more valuable... 1) adding adequate protein to an inadequate amount of protein OR 2) avoiding the endocrine disruptors put out by this nutritionally void food?

I'm talking about supermarket whole wheat bread... Not homemade sourdough or some magical, nutrient-laden yeast handsoup of the 1700s. If it were high quality bread then I'd absolutely eat it without hesitation.
Personally, I would avoid it. I experimented with whole wheat bread for a short time almost 5 years ago, and the experience was terrible. I was having way too many bowel movements a day, and they were very painful. Not to mention the bloating and the serotonergic feeling after consuming it. I don't think I was digesting much of it.

Gluten itself is a protein, as are other lectins, and if a lot of the protein in bread is in this form, it will be very hard to digest and utilize. The damage that the gluten will do to the gut is also something to keep in mind. If your gut gets too damaged by gluten, the little protein in bread may not even be absorbed well.

Gut damage can increase serotonin massively, so you will catabolize your muscles, skin and other organs, due to the destructive nature of excessive serotonin and cortisol, which is stimulated by serotonin. So even by getting "enough" protein from bread, you would still go through a lot of problems.

I think I would just fast and eat up my muscle tissue. At least, I would avoid as much gut damage as well as starch persorption and glyphosate ingestion.

Sativa

'Context richness'... the decision to that choice would be based entirely on the choosers subjective contextual parameters. I reckon... extreme premise setting though, re 'bread or no protein if given the choice'!

/aside
i'd consider eating the bread, if the bread was made from that ancient wheat, Triticum monococcum aka 'little spelt' aka Einkorn, grown without contamination. Then maybe 2nd choice species, the standard 'spelt'.

I'd also consider the TCM perspective, as it's arguably a notable prerequisite for a fully balanced approach. You could say that ignoring the TCM aspect (of eg, food) is akin to gauging the value of bread by only considering it's calorie potential, but ignoring it's nutritional composition... anyway...
Wheat Germ in TCM:
  • Temperature: cold.
  • Channels: HT, SI.
  • Flavors: sweet, pungent.
  • Tonifies: qi, blood.
By ignoring the TCM dynamic/nuances (to anything), you basically are ignoring a crucial half of the whole. The other half commonly recognized & engaged being the purely physical aspect [of nutrition].
The basic premise of TCM, iirc, is ensuring genuine sustainable balance between one's body, & one's environment. A laughably simple context, but more strategic alone compared to a purely physical-based interpretation of diet & nutrition etc.

Anyway... re bread, the opioid inspired gluten psychoactivity isn't something i'd be keen on, in the context of long-term pharmacological sustainability (who wants a frequent daily opiate hit, and it's known associated questionable short/long term effects on 'neuronal coherence')...
...same with the P:Ca ratio, lectins & other undesirable 'anti'-nutrients Peat frequently mentions.

Last edited:

tara

I know there are millions of people in situations of severe and often long-lasting shortage or food insecurity who have little choice. In this situation, getting enough food, including some protein etc, is a priority. This may also apply to some people who have been struggling with restrictive eating disorders that are a real threat to their health.

Are you in this situation, looking for real solutions? What situation are you in that eating bread would be the only available source of protein? What's the scope - are you talking about one day, or long term? What other foods are available? Do you have observed difficulties with wheat, gluten or bread?

Or is this just a hypothetical question, with no real world significance?

OP
Twohandsondeck
By ignoring the TCM dynamic/nuances (to anything), you basically are ignoring a crucial half of the whole. The other half commonly recognized & engaged being the purely physical aspect [of nutrition].

I know there are millions of people in situations of severe and often long-lasting shortage or food insecurity who have little choice. In this situation, getting enough food, including some protein etc, is a priority. This may also apply to some people who have been struggling with restrictive eating disorders that are a real threat to their health.

Or is this just a hypothetical question, with no real world significance?

The contrast of these two responses is why I posed the question. It's rhetorical, yeah. A thought experiment that was quick enough to jot down.

My recommendation to anyone in such a situation that they're actually financially confined to bread is for them to invest in white rice instead.

Sativa

The contrast of these two responses is why I posed the question. It's rhetorical, yeah. A thought experiment that was quick enough to jot down.
yup, I realized. I do the same, but generally much more elaborately & not limited to this forum lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals